+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Game ScrewUp

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Pre-Game ScrewUp

Did anyone notice that the band started playing the National Anthem before the color guard even came out? Who screwed this up? Band or Color Guard? Then the guy saying the prayer just started praying before he was introduced..... then stopped the prayer.... then they introduced him.... and then he started praying again. It's the little things like this continue to show how small time we are. Why can't we get this stuff right? It's not like we've never had a football game played at home before.

We had numerous problems with Dawgzilla last night (particularly the sound). Surely we should have the bugs worked out. And don't lay the "first game of the season" problems excuse on me. Either get people that know what they are doing to run it properly or turn the d&^# thing off.

Sorry for the rant but these things bug the ever loving H@#% out of me.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Re: Pre-Game ScrewUp

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Did anyone notice that the band started playing the National Anthem before the color guard even came out? Who screwed this up? Band or Color Guard? Then the guy saying the prayer just started praying before he was introduced..... then stopped the prayer.... then they introduced him.... and then he started praying again. It's the little things like this continue to show how small time we are. Why can't we get this stuff right? It's not like we've never had a football game played at home before.

We had numerous problems with Dawgzilla last night (particularly the sound). Surely we should have the bugs worked out. And don't lay the "first game of the season" problems excuse on me. Either get people that know what they are doing to run it properly or turn the d&^# thing off.

Sorry for the rant but these things bug the ever loving H@#% out of me.
    I do know the Color Guard was still in the parking lot when everything was going on. They walked in when national anthem was almost over. If you notice, with the color guard not there and marching in when they were announced, it make the flyover timing off.

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

The B-52 came roaring above the stadium in the middle of the alma mater. I looked up, though "hmmm...that's strange" and then kept singing. I'm not sure who was "off", but that was total bush league. My guess is that the B-52 was spot-on and we were the morons that can't keep to schedule.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

I can pretty much guarantee you that the B-52 was there within seconds of when they were briefed to be!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee you that the B-52 was there within seconds of when they were briefed to be!
    I would bet my house on it

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I posted this in the "Meltdown Thread."

The timing of everything was off... The B-52 flyover during the alma mater... The prayer before the invocation was introduced... USA chants during the prayer... The band playing during the intro video... The cheerleaders running out with the flags too soon before the team ran out... The band, PA, and jumbotron all trying to play or talk at the same time... It's Year 3 will the jumbotron and we still can't get the coordination down...

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Why do we not show replays of questionable calls? This happened over and over last night.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    Why do we not show replays of questionable calls? This happened over and over last night.
    They did. They showed UCA's two questionable TDs in slow motion, and it looked like they were out of bounds on both of them. Why didn't our coaches challenge them? Did they not look at the replays?

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    They did. They showed UCA's two questionable TDs in slow motion, and it looked like they were out of bounds on both of them. Why didn't our coaches challenge them? Did they not look at the replays?
    They didn't show every questionable call -- the fans in our section were screaming about it.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I didn't make it in the stadium in time for the pregame stuff, but the last time we had a b52 fly over, there was a man on a radio with direct communication with the aircraft. I know, because I shook his hand afterwards.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I didn't make it in the stadium in time for the pregame stuff, but the last time we had a b52 fly over, there was a man on a radio with direct communication with the aircraft. I know, because I shook his hand afterwards.

There always is to coordinate any fly-by's...Handle it like an approach into any airfield! Gotta have eyes on the ground for safety reasons! But if the Band, Honor Guard, Anthem or whatever is off beat...don't have control over that. Besides, it tough to tell a B-52 to stop and go back!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by girldawg View Post
    They didn't show every questionable call -- the fans in our section were screaming about it.
    Yeah, they showed both of them - several times....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

I'll chalk this complete breakdown to the first homegame of the season. Willing to bet it was some sort of domino effect at the beginning of the proceedings that pushed everything backwards. Dawgzilla needs a trainer, regardless.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    I'll chalk this complete breakdown to the first homegame of the season. Willing to bet it was some sort of domino effect at the beginning of the proceedings that pushed everything backwards. Dawgzilla needs a trainer, regardless.
    I talk to one of the guys that was on the B52(cause he go to the same Outback i do in Shreveport) and he said they are giving a time to fly over and they were spot on. I told him that the color guard didn't not march out on the field and he stated that is where it was off. He said that is all part of the the program(the time it take them to march from the enzone to the 30 yard line).

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Best timing on the B-52 was two years ago when it cleared the east stands just as the last note of the national anthem was fading. Forget those squadrons of F15's or F16's, nothing compares to the B-52 for the fly over. On the replays, did they show a lot more replays this game than last year? Seemed like it to me. Glad we're down to only one logo race and one helmet shuffle. Could lose both of those and I would be happy.

+ Reply to Thread