View Poll Results: Should Running Back/WR Lyle Fitte get more touches in this Offense?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 90.32%
  • No

6 9.68%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Give Lyle Fitte the ball!

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Give Lyle Fitte the ball!

I've had multiple conversations with fans Saturday concerning this.

I've been wanting to see our coaches use Fitte more in the offense. We all know he has explosive potential now that he is healthy. He is good for 31.3 yrds on every kickoff. Why does he not return punts, catch screens out of the backfield, run on end-arounds..etc in the flow of the offense? I know we have other playmakers, but something is just not clicking with this offense right now. No rushing attempts and 2 rec for 13 yards is not enough for a veteran leader who can score anytime he touches the ball.

end soapbox

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Re: Give Lyle Fitte the ball!

I think our coaches have some kind of love affair with their Juco receivers. That's not to say that Patton isn't a beast, and Ikharo has reliable hands. I would just like to see Casey and Fitte more involved for more big play ability.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

I would like to Lyle in the slot some more. I really love the way he runs after the catch.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see him him lined up as a RB on some sweeps. If we had sweeps.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I say not too much, and the reason is Livas. I don't want to see a guy plagued by injury because we put him in too much. He is coming off of an injury, so they may be worried about that too. When we need a spark late in a game or to put a game away, I say put him in. I say 10-12 plays a game is the most I would want him out there. Unless he is a lot more durable than Livas.
    Last edited by techman05; 09-13-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

yes, use him how the saints used bush. he is not a feature back, but he can do a little of everything...run back kicks, slot receiver, some running back. if healthy he needs 12-15 touches a game.

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Three big games ahead of us. The coaches held Fitte back on purpose against UCA IMO, we had 500+ yds without him. UH, Miss St, and Hawaii........Fitte will recieve plenty of touches. Why risk him against an FCS opponent, like techman05 stated (injury risk). I understand the frustration but this will not be the case the next 3 weeks. Fitte, Waters, and Casey will be inserted. No need to panic..

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    yes, use him how the saints used bush. he is not a feature back, but he can do a little of everything...run back kicks, slot receiver, some running back. if healthy he needs 12-15 touches a game.

12-15 would probably still be alright. It would have to be in situations with other "go-to" guys on the field though, so the D doesn't know what is coming.

Varsity Bulldog Monroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    12-15 would probably still be alright. It would have to be in situations with other "go-to" guys on the field though, so the D doesn't know what is coming.
    New chant for home game vs Houston.....Give Lyle the "Fitteball" !!!!

+ Reply to Thread