+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tony franklin is an idiot

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Re: Tony franklin is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Someone needs to nitpick your use of your/you're:

"Your" = your, as in (your spelling sucks)

"You're" = you are, as in (you're an "idoit")
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I've wanted to do that!

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

[quote=Fahqueue;1124767]should've won (easily) against central Arkansas, too......but running it every down caused a fumble by Creer and forced us into OT. Just sayin

Tech offense got the ball back in the 4th at 12:45 (34-21) converting 3 downs....they didn't give the ball back until 10:15.......RUNNING THE BALL
    (Holley fumble)

Houston scored with 7:25 left in the game(34-28) after converting a 4th and 3

Isham throws a pick at 7:04 on heavy play-action. The ball could've been thrown away and it was tipped not necessarily thrown to a defender.

Tech D forces a 3 and out (so the INT doesn't lead to points) - Tech O gets the ball back at 5:40, still with a 7 point lead. Isham gets sacked on 3rd and 6. Houston gets the ball back at 2:39 and scores at 1:36 on some slop.

If Creer could've converted the 3rd and 3 (likely) rather than the 4th and 2, it may have likely ended in a Tech win by FG

Tech's inability to run the football consistently when NEEDED is the issue. This offense requires the pass to set up the run because the defense only has one running back to key on. If we used the QB also as a run option, which we did some last year, then at least the defense would have to honor both. If I am a desperate defense in need of a stop and I know you want to run the ball and the clock - I am loading up the box giving you NO room to run the ball. All I have to do is key on Holley or Creer and plug it up.
    I do not understand why we don't have a running package that is more diverse requiring the defense to honor some misdirection, counters, traps, etc.. instead of hand the ball to Creer right or hand the ball the Creer left.

In don't blame the offensive line for not being able to block 8-9 defenders. I blame the coaches for consistently trying to run through road blocks. I thought when the run and pass were mixed we obviously did a good job but when we line up to pound the ball the one running play options just does not work. At the end of the day turnovers, our inability to run the ball when needed, lack of pressure on Keenum, and blown coverage by dbs is why we blew the game in the second half. It is a two half game - we won the 1st and Houston won the 2nd. It will be interesting to see if we can come out against Miss State and move the ball against an SEC defense or get blown out. State is going to pound us with their running game and QB - so we better make the most of our offensive possessions.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fahqueue View Post
    If Holley doesn't fumble, then you're either scoring or getting a field goal. Could they have milked the clock more? Maybe. Did it help that they were still moving at such an aggressive pace? Its more than likely the case.

I just find it a little naive to question the offense for being aggressive when you're playing against an offense like Houston (knowing exactly what you have on defense [nothing]) - you'd better be looking to score some more

The bottom line is, however, we wouldn't be second-guessing any of this had Holley not fumbled, Isham doesn't throw the pick, or Creer converts 3rd and 3........we'd be talking about how much ass we kicked the night before. Lets just put it all in perspective and step away from the ledge a little.
    That being said, I think Holley is an absolute stud producer. It is exciting to watch the coaching staff use him. Isham is a great story. Creer can be a beast and lets hope his injury doesn't nag him all season
    I think some would have been sayin' "We lost the game because we changed our game plan. It was working...not broke...don't fix it. If we would have kept playing like we did in the first half...we had them on their toes..." It is fun being an arm chair quarterback. Maybe we should have managed the time clock better. Maybe we should have executed better. Maybe we should have scored one more time in the first half, had one long drive in the fourth qtr. Reality is it hurts really bad to lose when you should have won, but we still have the rest of the season to play. HANDS UP...GO BULLDOGS.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fahqueue View Post
    just for Devil's Advocate here, but what if the offense runs the play clock to 3 seconds every snap, but STILL commits 2 turnovers in the 4th qtr and Case Keenum fires 2 TDs?
    What would we blame, then?
    The Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    True. But a full scholarship, room and board to Louisiana Tech University is a gift that keeps on giving!!
    No way!! Don't you know that these guys have bills?? They need to get PAID!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I keep posting this but sometimes we look for problems and issues and argue/debate over minor points and details when the overly simplistic answer is staring you in the face. 34-7. The other team reels off 28 points in 20 minutes. Your defense lost the game. Period.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

when I made my argument about us having tired legs, I didn't know what someone on the board knew. I had no idea that we completely changed our defensive scheme mid game. I am not an X's and O's guy so I didn't even realize we lined up in a prevent set. This is why we lost the game, and I admit that I was way off. Had we kept our ears pinned back and forced CK to make bad decisions, we would have stayed aggressive on offense and probably scored at least 2 more times in the second half. Who changes defensive schemes when it has only given up 14 points and those points came on 1 blown coverage or 1 play call?

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

birddog13 iagree with you the defense lost this game; however, I have not heard an answer to the question of WHO CHANGED THE DEFENSIVE POSITION and I want to know.

Varsity Bulldog Fahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Fahqueue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    I do not understand why we don't have a running package that is more diverse requiring the defense to honor some misdirection, counters, traps, etc.. instead of hand the ball to Creer right or hand the ball the Creer left. *
    you don't know what you're talking about. Tech DOES have a diverse running game, some could argue too diverse a running game.

http://brophyfootball.blogspot.com/2...-from-gun.html

their best run is power....which they repeatedly ran over and again in the 4th qtr
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    In don't blame the offensive line for not being able to block 8-9 defenders. I blame the coaches for consistently trying to run through road blocks.
    now you're just playing the role of a second guessing critic with no real answers.*
    "The should run the ball to kill the clock"- tech runs the ball
    "oh noes! Tech shouldn't have run it, they should pass it!"

NOBODY is playing "8-9 men in the box" against a 1-back offense

Last edited by Fahqueue; 09-20-2011 at 07:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread