+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DADT...

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Re: DADT...

Everybody's all homophobic - "Ooh, don't let him in.." Hey! If they want to fight, let 'em fight, 'cause I ain't fighting! I wouldn't care if I saw a Russian tank on Flatbush Avenue. I'm not fighting nobody! And everybody's so homophobic - everybody in this room has at least a gay cousin! All of you, thinking about it right now. Some of you got gay daddies! I got a gay uncle - I call him "Aunt Tom". I love my Aunt Tom. I know right now, if I was in a fight, Aunt Tom would come in here, take off his pumps and whoop some ass! -Chris Rock

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The little fanfare there was kind of showed that this was more about a political statement than equality. But, I'm glad it's done with.

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

In the OSD Public Affairs Guidance document, I noted a couple of key questions:

Q30. What about concerns over privacy?
    A30. The creation of separate bathroom facilities or living quarters based on sexual orientation is prohibited; commanders can't physically segregate members by sexual orientation. Commanders maintain the discretion to alter berthing/billeting assignments where necessary, to accommodate privacy concerns of individuals on a case-by-case basis.

I guess there is a difference between saying "Gays WILL live there and straights live here" and "I'll ALLOW gays to live there and straight to live here." I'm just not seeing the difference yet.

Q31. Will those service members who disagree with homosexuality be forced to change their minds?
    A31. This is not about changing attitudes; it's about ensuring behavior remains consistent with the standards of conduct. Policies regarding service members' individual expression and free exercise of religion already exist and there will be no changes. In today's military, people of different moral and religious values work, live and fight together; this is possible because they treat each other with dignity and respect.

Attitudes, behavior; behavior, attitudes... I always heard that "We are what we think" and what we think is usually acted upon. Hmmm... David kept eyeballing Bathsheba and imagining rendezvous' with her until he finally slept with her and had her husband murdered.

This is absolutely about changing attitudes in every way, shape, and form. Don't be fooled into believing it is anything but that. To say that we are allowed to openly oppose homosexuality as long as it doesn't affect how we treat other people with regard to decorum, promotions, awards, duty assignments, etc. is ridiculous. Personal bias' will continue to exist. If someone is open about that bias, then the assumption will be that the bias was a major factor in his decision-making process. The only way to avoid that presumption is to deny the belief or to keep silent (reverse DADT) about it.

DADT was a ridiculous law because we were telling people it is okay to be gay as long as you don't tell us about it, yet we left laws on the books that clearly said it is NOT okay to be gay and serve in the military. It is equally as ridiculous to say that it is okay to be opposed to homosexuality as long as you don't make an issue out of it (even if you are vehemently opposed to it). DADT WAS THE FIRST STEP ONE IN A MULTISTEP PROCESS TOWARD THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF OUTRIGHT PROHIBITION TOWARD THE BELIEF THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG.

The challenge is to "hate the sin, but love the sinner" as the saying goes. We all sin and come short of God's glory, but I think everyone would agree that compulsive liars, adulterers, thieves, murderers, haters, complainers, worriers, sloths, etc. are unacceptable (we even hate ourselves when we commit these types of sins). I just can't understand how the federal leadership believes that fallible man can be trusted to "hate the sin, but love the sinner." It is completely contrary to the Word of God and an abomination. Never in the history of our military have we been asked to "hate the sin, but love the sinner." Until now, all our laws and regulations have been aligned to God's Word. Now we are told that we have to overlook this and be fair according to human norms and standards. Mark my words... DADT WAS THE FIRST STEP ONE IN A MULTISTEP PROCESS TOWARD THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF OUTRIGHT PROHIBITION TOWARD THE BELIEF THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG. THE SECOND STEP WAS REPEAL OF DADT. THE THIRD STEP WILL BE LEGAL CIVIL UNIONS. THE FINAL STEP WILL BE PROHIBITING THE ACT OF OPENLY PROFESSING A BELIEF THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS WRONG (i.e., A SIN).

I don't know what will happen over the next few days, weeks, and months, but I ask that everyone pray for our military servicemen and particularly our leaders that they make sound judgments and that their actions are consistent with God's Word. I also ask that you pray that they are courageous and stand strong in their principles and beliefs. For those that just joined or are near the middle of their careers, please support them via prayers to discern when to say what needs to be said and to keep silent when silence is prudent (Solomon in Ecclesiastes).

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

^If you look at the historical record, homosexuality was for a long, long time considered normal. It was only when Jewish-Chrisitianity came out against homosexuality that it created guilt feelings about the behavior. All this thnking that homosexuality is "wrong" is a modern concept.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    ^If you look at the historical record, homosexuality was for a long, long time considered normal. It was only when Jewish-Chrisitianity came out against homosexuality that it created guilt feelings about the behavior. All this thnking that homosexuality is "wrong" is a modern concept.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

You gonna reenlist?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You gonna reenlist?
    I can't. I'm retired.

Do you think gay enlistments are going to increase because of this?

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

I stand corrected...dry wiener in stinky poop shoot is very normal....

I suppose you can also blame Jewish-Christianity, as you call it, for why we wear clothes, too? My point is that there are things humans naturally know are wrong. Two men corn-holing each other is just wrong no matter how you try to reason it.

I can't. I'm retired.

Do you think gay enlistments are going to increase because of this?
    Yes, but not drastically. DADT allowed them to join without commiting a fraudulent enlistment (i.e., lying when asked about sexual orientation), so they could've joined anyway. People are coming out, but not at any higher rate than it is in the civilian world because they know it is unexceptable...because of Jewish-Christian pressure telling everyone what and how to think.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorDad View Post
    I stand corrected...dry wiener in stinky poop shoot is very normal....

I suppose you can also blame Jewish-Christianity, as you call it, for why we wear clothes, too? My point is that there are things humans naturally know are wrong. Two men corn-holing each other is just wrong no matter how you try to reason it.
    First, people wear clothes for protection from the elements and for social status. Has been the case for 10,000+ years.

Second, you would be surprise what human society thinks is "normal". You may think that anal sex is "abnormal" but many ancient societies thought it was perfectly "normal". Of course, they didn't have Fox News on cable tv back then.

My point is that things that humans naturally know is wrong is very limited.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

First, people wear clothes for protection from the elements and for social status. Has been the case for 10,000+ years.

Second, you would be surprise what human society thinks is "normal". You may think that anal sex is "abnormal" but many ancient societies thought it was perfectly "normal". Of course, they didn't have Fox News on cable tv back then.

Serious question Salty.. don't know if you have revealed this in previous posts or not. Based upon your comments are you or do you consider yourself a Christian? Are you agnostic? athiest? just curious.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Since homosexuality has been considered "wrong" by Orthodox Judaism/Christianity for at least 3500-4000 years, I would not consider that a modern concept.

And yes, homosexuality was considered normal in some cultures during that time, but certainly not by everyone.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

How many cans of cat food do you eat daily?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Um, not exactly. Nice revisionism there, though.

In fact, the modern West is the first culture that has sought to normalize it. Until now, pretty much every major culture in history considered it at least aberrant. The whole idea of one's sexual orientation being a core piece of one's identity is a very modern and very Western concept.

+ Reply to Thread