+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Texas Rangers Back to Back ALCS Champs!!!!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Texas Rangers Back to Back ALCS Champs!!!!

Pujols was Tebowing after the final out

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Black dude on the right- WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Stop that right now!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

How bout dem Cardinals!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a K-Mart running a blue light special on steroids : )

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Homefield advantage could have been a factor in this series. The league winning the All-Star game gets homefield advantage. However, should a wildcard team have homefield advantage when the other team was a division winner?

I say yes. What did you say?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I Would rather go back to alternating years or best record. You might even go with overall League interleague W-L, but All-Star game is an exhibition and always will be

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

A great day to be a Cardinals fan. The umps won the WS for the Cardinals, yea right. That's what chokers and losers always say. Cardinals came through in the clutch, Rangers didn't.

I don't think umps won it. I think timely hitting by Cards and poor pitching by Rangers

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    A great day to be a Cardinals fan. The umps won the WS for the Cardinals, yea right. That's what chokers and losers always say. Cardinals came through in the clutch, Rangers didn't.
    Glm47, Congrats bro. The Cards played great! It was awesome that a hometown boy was the hero. The Rangers were within 1 strike 2 times and didn't get it done. If you come within 1 strike of a World Championship twice in one game and don't close the deal you don't deserve to be World Series Champs. Now comes the Pujols drama although I have a feeling he stays in St. Louis.

Rangers fans cheer up. The new owner that is partners with Ryan is LOADED. The last 20 years despite being in a top TV market the Rangers have been getting middle market money. Well they signed a huge top-5 market TV contract and with the new dollars coming in they are going to be in very good shape. Ryan and his partners are talking about spending big dollars in the next few offseasons. Won't be at Yankees level (who is?) but they are going to be way up there. Couple that with a VERY good farm system and we are in great shape. I hope they make a run at a front line starter, Buehrle?, and make a run at Fielder although I have a feeling he goes to Chicago. BUT Fielder might also like coming to Texas and hitting towards that short home run porch on a team that is already loaded. We'll see. I feel good. The Giants won it last year and then didn't make the playoffs this year. The Rangers are young with tons of prospects, they aren't going anywhere.

Doesn't make the pain of Thursday night go away but at least there are lots of reasons to be optomistic. Besides 2 and a half years ago the Rangers were floundering and being auctioned off to the highest bidder at 1:00AM and now they are back to back American League Champs.

Anyways, Great Job Cards!! Class organization.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Washington's bad in game managment I thought had been made too much until he only had CJ Wilson to bring in with the bases loaded. Though it did not ultimately cost them the game, i cannot think of a worse pitcher to call on during that situation. The guy has had control issues all postseason. That guy could have gotten himself paid big time, he will have to "settle" for less now. He looked mediocre the whole postseason. However, Holland is making quite a name for himself.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Glm47, Congrats bro. The Cards played great! It was awesome that a hometown boy was the hero. The Rangers were within 1 strike 2 times and didn't get it done. If you come within 1 strike of a World Championship twice in one game and don't close the deal you don't deserve to be World Series Champs. Now comes the Pujols drama although I have a feeling he stays in St. Louis.

Rangers fans cheer up. The new owner that is partners with Ryan is LOADED. The last 20 years despite being in a top TV market the Rangers have been getting middle market money. Well they signed a huge top-5 market TV contract and with the new dollars coming in they are going to be in very good shape. Ryan and his partners are talking about spending big dollars in the next few offseasons. Won't be at Yankees level (who is?) but they are going to be way up there. Couple that with a VERY good farm system and we are in great shape. I hope they make a run at a front line starter, Buehrle?, and make a run at Fielder although I have a feeling he goes to Chicago. BUT Fielder might also like coming to Texas and hitting towards that short home run porch on a team that is already loaded. We'll see. I feel good. The Giants won it last year and then didn't make the playoffs this year. The Rangers are young with tons of prospects, they aren't going anywhere.

Doesn't make the pain of Thursday night go away but at least there are lots of reasons to be optomistic. Besides 2 and a half years ago the Rangers were floundering and being auctioned off to the highest bidder at 1:00AM and now they are back to back American League Champs.

Anyways, Great Job Cards!! Class organization.
    Yea, I feel for ranger fans. Ya'll had a really good team. The way the Cardinals got into the playoffs on the last day and then beat the Phillies just made it seem like it was their destiny to win - wierd really.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Yea, I feel for ranger fans. Ya'll had a really good team. The way the Cardinals got into the playoffs on the last day and then beat the Phillies just made it seem like it was their destiny to win - wierd really.
    It was meant to be. IIRC You called that before the Series even started.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I agree about the inconsistent strike zone mostly benefitting the Cardinals in Game 7. I don't know if it changed the outcome of the game, but I would be upset if it had been the other way around.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread