+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Rangers Back to Back ALCS Champs!!!!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Texas Rangers Back to Back ALCS Champs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDawg View Post
    Snooner I was also at the dome opener, before the game Mickey was hitting batting practice and hit the top of the dome, some said this could not be done. Man this dates us.
    Were you the guy that spilled beer on my dad?
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I don't remember where they came from but the name Zephyrs came from an old wooden rolller coaster at Lake Ponchartrain amusement park. I rode it many times when I was a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Good history in here. Came from the Zehpyr train in Colorado but they actually mention the Roller Coaster you were talking about as well. Pretty cool history there. Lots of good players came through that team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Zephyrs
    Thanks for the reminder. When the Zephyrs moved to New Orleans they didn't change the team's name as it was an appropriate name because of the roller coaster. I had forgotten the part about Denver and the train name.

Several years ago, my wife and I drove to a game at the new Busch Stadium and then drove on to Denver for a couple of games at Coors Field. Then we caught Amtrak's California Zephyr and rode it through the Rockies. The next day we caught a bus back to downtown Denver to get our car. It was a nice train trip up through the mountains and then along the Colorado River. We plan on doing it again during the winter.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Hamilton still hurting. Non-exsistant tonight. He's gonna have to heal up fast and Young is gonna have to decide to play if the Rangers are gonna win this.
    Not sure about a couple of decisions Wash made. Great game though.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Tech alum to sing national anthem tonight.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    This is the kind of thing I like reading about Tech. Focus on what is true, honorable and just; pure lovely and admirable; excellent and worthy of praise.

Louisiana Tech continuously makes me proud.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...SyL_story.html

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Yet they still don't play their music at the Joe. Trace& Kix that is.:bigcry:

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. When the Zephyrs moved to New Orleans they didn't change the team's name as it was an appropriate name because of the roller coaster. I had forgotten the part about Denver and the train name.

Several years ago, my wife and I drove to a game at the new Busch Stadium and then drove on to Denver for a couple of games at Coors Field. Then we caught Amtrak's California Zephyr and rode it through the Rockies. The next day we caught a bus back to downtown Denver to get our car. It was a nice train trip up through the mountains and then along the Colorado River. We plan on doing it again during the winter.
    I've always wanted to do that.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Another great game tonight. Rangers win 2-1. Games this close are so much fun to watch.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Like I said October baseball is special. Nothing Like it. Heart just slowing down now. I think if Hamilton were healthy this would be a different series. He can just take over games. Now though, he is just looking for singles. But I tell you what I'll take that Sac Fly and never look back. Fun night.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Like I said October baseball is special. Nothing Like it. Heart just slowing down now. I think if Hamilton were healthy this would be a different series. He can just take over games. Now though, he is just looking for singles. But I tell you what I'll take that Sac Fly and never look back. Fun night.
    Many think this is the type game that makes baseball boring to watch. This is the type game that makes baseball fun to watch. Top of the 9th Rangers comeback, then knowing that one swing of the bat could win it for the Cards! Good stuff!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

These two games were really great post season games -

Timely hitting, GREAT fielding and stout pitching
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeh, I thought that sac fly would have been a big fly if he were healthy. That was a hanging breaking ball, and he just doesnt have the bat whip right now to crush one.

Great game, though. Hanging on every at bat because you knew a solo HR or a timely hit could win this one. Everybody came in talking about a slugfest and the first two games have been brilliant pitching duels.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Hello Win column! 3 wins to go.

How 'bout that Ranger middle infield last night!

+ Reply to Thread