+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two words about the Saints...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Two words about the Saints...

Harper is a major liability in pass coverage. Too slow. Too old.

Maybe he can go to Carolina and practice against Steve Smith everyday....

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Saints wouldn't miss him that much. Those sacks would still come, just from another defensive back. More defensive scheme than Harper, imo. Maybe he would catch on with another team, but at least he would help some other team give up big plays. He may be the sack leader (right now), but he also has to be the team leader in giving up big plays. Maybe Atlanta or Tampa Bay could use him.
    What other defensive back??

The Saints have seen Rodgers, Schaub, and Newton in the first five weeks of the season. Those offenses get the big plays on EVERYONE.

Roman Harper has been playing well, in my very humble opinion.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

They're Back!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They're Back!
    Much like me per Dems and Obama, you just can't help yourself can you?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Nope -

they played like the Saints today...

Fumble and TWO bad ints from Brees and two huge plays that the defense gave up -

Even with the SuperBowl win, two or three times a year, they are going to play like the SAINTS and they did yesterday
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Nope -

they played like the Saints today...

Fumble and TWO bad ints from Brees and two huge plays that the defense gave up -

Even with the SuperBowl win, two or three times a year, they are going to play like the SAINTS and they did yesterday
    True. But playing like the old Saints would have been a 34 - 3 loss not a 26 - 23 with Drew driving to win it in the final minutes even as bad as they played.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    True. But playing like the old Saints would have been a 34 - 3 loss not a 26 - 23 with Drew driving to win it in the final minutes even as bad as they played.
    I couldn't believe we were still in the game after how poorly we had played. It was a tough game to watch. Our O and D lines didn't do the Saints any favors.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles have taken the Saint's offense to the next level. Ingram is getting better each week also. Loving the fact that I can watch them play in Shreveport this week because KMSS listened to the fans and did a poll (Cowboys vs Saints).
    I'm in the minority, but I actually think that Graham and Sproles have stagnated the Saints' offense, rather than taken it to another level. Drew is becoming too predictable, and he's leaning on those two guys way too much, especially on third down. Against the Bucs, only three players were targeted more than three times. Graham, Sproles and Colston all had 11 targets. This offense is at its best when Drew is spreading the ball all over the field, not when he's locking in on a couple of receivers. Moore, Meachem, Henderson and the running backs (and Dave Thomas when he's back healthy) need to be more involved in the passing game for the Saints offense to be full throttle.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I'm in the minority, but I actually think that Graham and Sproles have stagnated the Saints' offense, rather than taken it to another level. Drew is becoming too predictable, and he's leaning on those two guys way too much, especially on third down. Against the Bucs, only three players were targeted more than three times. Graham, Sproles and Colston all had 11 targets. This offense is at its best when Drew is spreading the ball all over the field, not when he's locking in on a couple of receivers. Moore, Meachem, Henderson and the running backs (and Dave Thomas when he's back healthy) need to be more involved in the passing game for the Saints offense to be full throttle.
    I agree but Moore did catch a few as did Thomas I believe. And Meachem dropped one that I remember.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree. Was there any question in your mind that Brees was going to try to find Graham in the end zone? Lance Moore used to be his favorite target. I know he was injured, but Brees needs to get that connection back. Everyone needs to see the ball 6-8 times on passing routes each.

I agree but Moore did catch a few as did Thomas I believe. And Meachem dropped one that I remember.
    Actually here is the box score. Brees actually went to 10 different receivers. But I agree he seemed to focus more on just the few.

J. Graham 7 124 17.7 43 11
    M. Colston 7 118 16.9 1 38 11
    D. Sproles 8 46 5.8 9 11
    L. Moore 2 46 23.0 40 3
    R. Meachem 1 23 23.0 23 2
    D. Henderson 1 12 12.0 12 2
    M. Ingram 1 6 6.0 6 1
    P. Thomas 1 5 5.0 5 1
    J. Collins 1 3 3.0 3 2
    J. Gilmore 0.0 1

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Actually here is the box score. Brees actually went to 10 different receivers. But I agree he seemed to focus more on just the few.

J. Graham 7 124 17.7 43 11
    M. Colston 7 118 16.9 1 38 11
    D. Sproles 8 46 5.8 9 11
    L. Moore 2 46 23.0 40 3
    R. Meachem 1 23 23.0 23 2
    D. Henderson 1 12 12.0 12 2
    M. Ingram 1 6 6.0 6 1
    P. Thomas 1 5 5.0 5 1
    J. Collins 1 3 3.0 3 2
    J. Gilmore 0.0 1
    The column on the far right is the number of targets each receiver had. As I said previously, Brees targeted Graham, Colston and Sproles 11 times and nobody else more than three times. Moore and Meachem, for sure, need to be more involved in the offense, and I'd like to see Drew look for Henderson a few times on deep routes.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

The column on the far right is the number of targets each receiver had. As I said previously, Brees targeted Graham, Colston and Sproles 11 times and nobody else more than three times. Moore and Meachem, for sure, need to be more involved in the offense, and I'd like to see Drew look for Henderson a few times on deep routes.
    I agree 100% with this.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Lance Moore is the most dependable receiver, a true go-to guy.

We need a BIG back. How many times did we run up the middle for no-gain? At least a dozen times.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Lance Moore is the most dependable receiver, a true go-to guy.

We need a BIG back. How many times did we run up the middle for no-gain? At least a dozen times.
    And on first down a ton which is unPayton like.

+ Reply to Thread