+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drama in MLB

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: Drama in MLB

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I can address the Jones' question:

Sister says he needs to retire. Is taking the roster spot of a young player who would be better.

I do not argue with Sister when it comes to the Braves.
    This. Brandon Hicks is ready if he's fully healthy. Keep Chipper on as bench coach or something like that.

The Braves' good arms just couldn't stay healthy this year. Burned the hell out of the back end of the bullpen. You could tell towards the end of August that this was how things were going to turn out.

Derek Lowe sure did stink up the joint this year too. Never liked that signing to begin with.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Do you think he could still be very productive at the plate if he was just a DH in the AL? Less wear and tear throughout the year might keep him more productive at the plate for a couple more seasons.

Hard to say. I dont know if Chipper would want to just be a DH number one. You just never know about a guy who has always played in the field, if his heart would be in DH'ing. Also, he has a lot of tearing in his knee over the past couple of seasons, which could have lingering effects on his power numbers (not to mention, he is getting old for a baseball player). IF he could pump himself full of 'roids (a la Bonds), he could DH. I just dont know if he has the pop still to be a DH for a contender. He might could go do it for Oakland or someone like that, but he wont want to do that.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Can't believe my Cardinals got in. Gotta give Larussa credit even though he insists on filling up his pitching roster with worn out retreads. His bullpens consistently rank near the top in blown saves.

If the Cardinals' bullpen had been halfway decent, the team would have won 100 games. Berkman was a huge pick-up for the Cardinals, and in a year when Pujols was not as terific as usual (still dang good) it was bench players that filled in and made this happen. Gotta give credit for a tremendous rebound year for Kyule Lohse, also. I dreaded his starts last year. But after his surgey he came back and had a year I did not dream he would have.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not that it matters, but I find it interesting that the media keeps harping on the "historic collapse of the Red Sox" and not mentioning the even bigger one by the Braves.

Maybe it's deference to Sister.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Not that it matters, but I find it interesting that the media keeps harping on the "historic collapse of the Red Sox" and not mentioning the even bigger one by the Braves.

Maybe it's deference to Sister.

For the last three days ESPN has been all about the Red Sox, almost exclusively. It is sickening.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    For the last three days ESPN has been all about the Red Sox, almost exclusively. It is sickening.
    Only because there is no current drama with the Yankees. ESPN will always bait the big market. They are shameless, but that's what brings in the bucks.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

On outside the lines, the atlanta newspaper guy said thank god for boston. Isn't odd that the two original Boston teams both collapsed?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

By the way, VP Biden is on record saying that he was praying for the Red $ox to win. Heck, that's all the reason I would need for someone to lose my vote.

+ Reply to Thread