+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just in via twitter:

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Just in via twitter:

The Upset Blog is reporting that BYU has agreed in principle to join the Big 12. Going on a search for legitimacy now.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Just in via twitter:

I'm seeing a lot of smoke that the Big 12 is going to 14 and inviting:

BYU
    TCU
    West Virginia
    Louisville
    Cincinnati

What does it mean?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post

BYU
    TCU
    West Virginia
    Louisville
    Cincinnati

What does it mean?
    College football conferences will look strange.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

BYU
    TCU
    West Virginia
    Louisville
    Cincinnati

What does it mean?
    If so, Big East takes several east CUSA teams which I like. It would only leave Rutgers, Conn. and USF playing football. They would need ECU, UCF and Marshall to survive in football.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I like this speculation for the new Big East:

USF
    Rutgers
    UCONN
    UCF
    ECU
    Houston
    SMU
    Marshall
    Memphis
    Temple

CUSA loses 6 teams. Tulsa, UAB, Rice, UTEP, Southern Miss, and Tulane rebuild CUSA.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

USF
    Rutgers
    UCONN
    UCF
    ECU
    Houston
    SMU
    Marshall
    Memphis
    Temple

CUSA loses 6 teams. Tulsa, UAB, Rice, UTEP, Southern Miss, and Tulane rebuild CUSA.
    That is not an AQ conference. They are not going to keep that status.

That being the case I don't know that Houston/SMU will want any part of that. I do agree that the Eastern CUSA teams and even Memphis (who would gravitate to the stronger BBall conference) would though. I could then see the MWC picking off a few of the Western CUSA teams. And there you have it. The CUSA leftovers, Tech and the stronger Sunbelt teams and that will be your new CUSA.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

BYU
    TCU
    West Virginia
    Louisville
    Cincinnati

What does it mean?
    Hypothetically, if this happens, I see this following:

CUSA gets raided by the Big East. 3 out of CUSA and Temple to replace the BE defectors. CUSA fills their openings with us and probably MTSU and FxU.

One can hope.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    That is not an AQ conference. They are not going to keep that status.
    Where are the guidelines on what makes an aq conference? I do agree that probably won't cut it, though. I think they take, at least, a couple from CUSA though. They will have to.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

The Big East would be left with three FB schools Conn, Rutgers, USF making it hard for them to back-fill. Right now they have seven.

You would have to think UTEP finally goes to the MWC if this is the case. And Utah State joins them.

Projected CUSA:
    Tulsa
    Rice
    UAB
    Southern Miss
    Tulane
    La Tech
    FIU
    Middle Tennessee
    North Texas
    UT-San Antonio

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

You would have to think UTEP finally goes to the MWC if this is the case. And Utah State joins them.

Projected CUSA:
    Tulsa
    Rice
    UAB
    Southern Miss
    Tulane
    La Tech
    FIU
    Middle Tennessee
    North Texas
    UT-San Antonio
    I don't agree. I don't see SMU and Houston joining that group as a part of the Big East. Why fly out there if you aren't going to be AQ. And that group will lose that status. I think SMU/Houston or 1 of them goes to the MWC. If there are still 3 or more Texas teams in CUSA don't be shocked if UTEP wants to stay unless the MWC goes AQ.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

USF
    Rutgers
    UCONN
    UCF
    ECU
    Houston
    SMU
    Marshall
    Memphis
    Temple

I am thinking we would be in that footprint. What say you??

Unless somehow the Big East somehow keeps their status. I don't see them being able to do so. Not without also giving AQ status to the MWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Unless somehow the Big East somehow keeps their status. I don't see them being able to do so. Not without also giving AQ status to the MWC.
    I think they keep their AQ status initially. They really aren't good enough to be AQ right now, but they are. There's going to be a lot of politics involved. I think this is going to work out well for us though.

The only way it wouldn't is if the Big East dissolves and CUSA invites the remaing teams to move to what... 15 or 16 teams?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't CUSA just absorb all the left over Big east schools and leave us out in the cold.

+ Reply to Thread