+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WAC Officiating SUCKS

Bulldog werbulldogs seems to have something between the earswerbulldogs seems to have something between the earswerbulldogs seems to have something between the earswerbulldogs seems to have something between the earswerbulldogs seems to have something between the earswerbulldogs seems to have something between the earswerbulldogs seems to have something between the ears

Re: WAC Officiating SUCKS

I actually heard part of Benson's "attempt" to explain what happen on the "5th down punt" to DR and he said Hawaii called a timeout, but that was never relayed to the replay official in the booth who did not know about the time out and he was trying to force the officials to place the ball back at the original spot in Hawaii territory after the punt. Then the hawaii coach got in his ear and said a timeout was used so they did not count that down and therefore placing the ball back into Tech's territory...That is what i understood him to say. The refs did a terrible job of communicating (mostly cause i don't think they knew what was going on). either way we were out played. I think all those close games and heart breakers seem to have taken some of the edge off of our players.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

still dont understand how tech kicks off to start game and after halftime....that just blows my mind i thought well maybe im mistaken and espn3 just put up replay of game so i went and looked and nope we kicked both....(sigh).

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I will try to brighten the mood a little if possible. My sister-in-law asked if there was a program for referees in training and whether or not we might have gotten the ones who were still in school.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

nevermind i found it in rule book

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

The officiating didn't have any effect on the outcome of the game? BS If one tenth of the holding penalties (which were obvious to my wife watching on TV at home and should have been obvious to a "trained?" official) had been called, Hawaii would have had 80 yards in penalties instead of 10 and would have had 150 yards less in passing because they would have been called back. That alone would have affected the game enormously. Our kids played hard but it becomes tough when it is our eleven against their seventeen.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    The officiating didn't have any effect on the outcome of the game? BS If one tenth of the holding penalties (which were obvious to my wife watching on TV at home and should have been obvious to a "trained?" official) had been called, Hawaii would have had 80 yards in penalties instead of 10 and would have had 150 yards less in passing because they would have been called back. That alone would have affected the game enormously. Our kids played hard but it becomes tough when it is our eleven against their seventeen.
    This. Everyone is so indoctrinated into the old "officiating" can't change the outcome of the game" mindset it's the first thing that they say like they are apologizing for criticizing morons.

And I agree that on most occasions officials do a great job and most times bad calls do NOT affect the outcome. Because they usually go BOTH ways.

But If you don't think that one-sided blatant display we witnessed last night affected the outcome of this game then you are insane. Did the dumbass penalties get called on the other side? No these idiots were just stupid on Tech. How does that happen?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As a coach, poor officiating is enormously upsetting. Your own team will make mistakes, as a coach, you will make mistakes, and the other team will make awesome plays at times that leaves you bewildered. But all of those occur within the paramenters of let the players-play/coaches-coach. Refs should not insert themselves into the outcomes of games.

I can feel for Dykes and his obvious frustration with the refs.

I once coached a, ahem, not-very-good soccer team. We worked hard, very hard and the kids did the best they could (it was a high school team I coached). We were sitting at 0-5 one season, two close losses and three....not-so-close. Some sorry refs took away a win from us with the worst calls I've ever seen. Lost 2-1, should have won 3-0 with even decent officiating. My kids were disappointed....I was pissed. Did something I rarely do, I confronted the refs after the game.

"You have taken away a win for my kids. The other team didn't do it....you did!"

The opposing coach, a class guy, knew the truth and told me afterwards, and I quote:

"I'm sorry, coach. Your kids deserved better."

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

What i'd like to know is this: Why in Hell didn't our coaches call the refs over and ask why Hawaii was about to get a 5th down????? One of our coaches should have been counting the downs too??? If not....why not?.....especially after seeing that the refs had as much intelligence as Barney and Goober?? Actually, Barney may have done a better job. Maybe even Burney could have done a better job...and he is dead!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    This. Everyone is so indoctrinated into the old "officiating" can't change the outcome of the game" mindset it's the first thing that they say like they are apologizing for criticizing morons.

And I agree that on most occasions officials do a great job and most times bad calls do NOT affect the outcome. Because they usually go BOTH ways.

But If you don't think that one-sided blatant display we witnessed last night affected the outcome of this game then you are insane. Did the dumbass penalties get called on the other side? No these idiots were just stupid on Tech. How does that happen?
    AMEN!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog Fahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Fahqueue's Avatar

This may not be that much of a big deal. It is still a train wreck, but it truly wasn't 5 DOWNS as many believed.
    Watch the replay (it only takes 1 minute) on ESPN3 (though the clueless color commentary guys had no clue what was going on).....you can hear/see the refs blowing the first 3rd and 1 dead

Hawai'i calls a timeout before the 3rd and 1 is snapped. Hawai'i executes the run after the whistle (even the secondary/receivers were just standing around). Hawai'i didn't gain any yards. The ball wasn't spotted from this play
    Hawai'i comes out on a (retry) of 3rd and 1 and passes (incompletion) at the original spot

Hawai'i punts on the next down - Tech ball.

This didn't require a 22 minute debacle. The officiating crew truly does deserve to be fired, but that sequence wasn't terribly as controversial as we are making it out to be.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    still dont understand how tech kicks off to start game and after halftime....that just blows my mind i thought well maybe im mistaken and espn3 just put up replay of game so i went and looked and nope we kicked both....(sigh).
    I noticed that as well. I watched the game on TV and also noticed that our coach was upset before the game even started. The commentators never mentioned it.

Based on Coach Dykes anger, I assume that Tech won the toss, and one of the Tech captains must have chosen the endzone rather than deferring to the second half. Apparently Coach Dykes must have thought the officials screwed up instead of one of the captains. All of that is just guess work, but I have seen something similar happen before.

The good news is that in both cases Hawaii went 3 and out and Tech scored a TD on their possession. If only the rest of the game had gone that well.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Did SD go berserk on these same officials at the Southern Miss game? Am I remembering that correctly? I read on another thread that these were the same group of officials. Was that the game where he said the really bad words and everyone read his lips on tv?

Varsity Bulldog Dawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around here

I have never witnessed officiating like that in all the years I have been watching Football (and at all levels). Every single one of those officials should be fired on monday.

Varsity Bulldog dphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Fahqueue View Post
    This didn't require a 22 minute debacle. The officiating crew truly does deserve to be fired, but that sequence wasn't terribly as controversial as we are making it out to be.
    This was the problem it took them 22 minutes to make the wrong call. They announced it as it had been turnover on downs, then when hawaii coach came out they quickly change ruling. This took way to long. Made no sense. IMO it ruined the game watching experience. I wanted to see a football game not go to a hoe down. Seriously was a struggle to not leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Did SD go berserk on these same officials at the Southern Miss game? Am I remembering that correctly? I read on another thread that these were the same group of officials. Was that the game where he said the really bad words and everyone read his lips on tv?
    I also heard these were the same officials that did the USM game. If so...it is no wonder they threw a flag and then made up some rule infraction after the play. They did the same sh_ _ to TECH during the USM game! Of course, that was why SD said a few choice words to them at the USM game. We damn sure don't need them for a third game!

+ Reply to Thread