+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You Stink Dykes

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: You Stink Dykes

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog555 View Post
    was being sarcastic... kind of. Look at Miss. States offense after he left, and living here in lafayette he has a fire burning that makes me want to vomit. Very Dooley-esque.
    What i saw last night was brilliant imo. Hud was flying around in an acacdian ambulance helecopter landing at various games around the area. We know it doesnt mean a thing but to kids on a field it has to be impressive. Today there is an article in the paper about Hud turning to the fans during games to get them on their feet and involved.

I thought no one could get the cajins headed in the right direction but it sure looks like this guy can do it. He isnt a guru selling books and he isnt a dough boy. He looks and sounds like a ****ing football coach.

Varsity Bulldog Fahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Fahqueue's Avatar

with TCU imploding, you think you could get Dick Bumpas?
    (though i'm not against Dykes)

Varsity Bulldog oletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by dfwdog View Post
    I told ya'll so. Do ya'll still hate me now? Do ya'll still want to do the same thing over and over and over again? I just want Tech football to be fun, right now it is not. This Dykes/Franklin offense will not work no matter how much they keep working on it. We need to run a pro-style offense with a pro-style QB.

I have no problem with the offense. This offense is showing that i can work when the "proper" calls are made which they are not. The defense just simply isn't good enough. If we could generate any type of pressure up the middle and stop the run up the middle it would improve the whole defense. Our corners look terrible but that is only because we can consistently pressure the quarterback without blitzing.

Varsity Bulldog Fahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Fahqueue's Avatar

Franklin was calling a ton of post/seam throws to break Hawaii's cover 2 (all night)
    over throws and shitty routes....whattaya gonna do?
    Last edited by Fahqueue; 10-01-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

As much as I like the potential of Isham, we just got beat by a better qb

I'm not offering an apologia to this staff. I like Spangler, but this defense has sucked for a while - much of it has to do with athletes but Hawai'i was taking advantage of the base things Tech just does on defense (quarters banjo against trips with solo to the single receiver).

Really, though......do you folks SERIOUSLY think (take a deep breath and don't let your emotions talk for you) some other coach would come in here with this roster and make shinola? I don't think so.

The only things I could fault this staff for tonight would be
    1. Not reviewing the coin toss with the officials
    2. Not calling a time out on "5th down" (though Pat Walsh says an official meant to blow the whistle on the first 3rd down) and vehemently argue the 5th down situation (argue that it is a turnover on downs at the 20)

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fahqueue View Post
    After Hud's FIRST year at ULL?
    how is that not a lateral move?
    We pay Coach Dykes over $100,000/year more than ULL pays Hudspeth. Tech is a definite upgrade over the double-wides.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    We pay Coach Dykes over $100,000/year more than ULL pays Hudspeth. Tech is a definite upgrade over the double-wides.
    So if you're Mark Hudspeth, you'd actually entertain that offer?
    Lafayette isn't recruiting the same kids (area) that Tech does.
    If I were Hudspeth, Ruston has ZERO to compete with Lafayette (Acadiana)

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

That's a matter of opinion. Depends on what you are looking for. Ruston does have it's benefits.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fahqueue View Post
    So if you're Mark Hudspeth, you'd actually entertain that offer?
    Lafayette isn't recruiting the same kids (area) that Tech does.
    If I were Hudspeth, Ruston has ZERO to compete with Lafayette (Acadiana)
    He would absolutely entertain the offer. That's a half million dollars more over 5 years. What's wrong with Ruston? Tech is a much better school and much better football program.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I will argue that Dykes would be great as an OC. Can we shift him to that position and call Hud to come rescue us for the rest of the year as HC?

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    That's a matter of opinion. Depends on what you are looking for. Ruston does have it's benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    What's wrong with Ruston?

Ruston has more per capita Baptist churches, that's about it

Ruston vs Lafayette????? HAAAA - quit trolling

Point is - How many coaches take their first HC gig, then turn around and bail before the first year is over?

C'mon, y'all wanna get rid of Dykes.....WHO are all these coaches that ARE the answer? Put up or shut up.....it oughta be easy to name all these candidates

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Trolling? You must be kidding.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

It will take a lot more than a head coach to turn this program around. A coach cannot completely change the entire culture of a mediocre athletic department in 1.5 years. We need better administration, facilities, athletes, and hell even a better fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    Trolling? You must be kidding.
    you've obviously never been south of Alexandria, then.
    ha ha.....ruston....lol

we've got 30 replies in this thread and all y'all can do is parrot a first year rookie HC (though brilliant coordinator) as the savior to the program.

+ Reply to Thread