+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East authorizes "slow burn pursuit" of new schools

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Re: Big East authorizes "aggressive pursuit" of new schools

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I don't believe that's correct. Expect UTEP to join the MWC and Tech to join CUSA. Both conferences will have 8 conference games and the traditional 4 OOC games with an annual championship game between the two conferences with the expectation that the inter-conference champion will go to a high-paying bowl. Also expect an alliance not a merger.
    Hoping you are exactly right on this...

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Easy ChuckK3! I'm confident about this in general, but even in the generality I'm not certain. Some details are still fluid. I like everything that I see, but I'm not seeing everything.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDog View Post
    Hoping you are exactly right on this...
    He's right. I mean, if anybody on this board is privy to that kind of info it would more than likely be LFR.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Easy ChuckK3! I'm confident about this in general, but even in the generality I'm not certain. Some details are still fluid. I like everything that I see, but I'm not seeing everything.
    I know there's always a disclaimer, since NOBODY knows for CERTAIN...but, you have to admit that your perspective is a little better grounded than most of us average fans.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

WAC & MWC should just merge

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    No good reason to merge.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I don't believe that's correct. Expect UTEP to join the MWC and Tech to join CUSA. Both conferences will have 8 conference games and the traditional 4 OOC games with an annual championship game between the two conferences with the expectation that the inter-conference champion will go to a high-paying bowl. Also expect an alliance not a merger.
    So, if i understand you correctly, you think the optimal number for a merger/alliance is 18? With that as the premise, the alliance collectively will be looking to add only one if AFA stays and add two if AFA leaves.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    I don't understand your logic there, Reb...sorry.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Tech wasn't mentioned in the article but like I said I posted an article a week or two ago where the UTEP AD said they were likely moving West and since SMU and Houston are leaving that they are fine with that. Goes along with what LFR said. I am fairly certain that is the plan right now. We just need to make sure we are the replacement for UTEP.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Been through a Cusa expansion before, I will believe it when we have a press conference...

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    Air Force must move to the Big East to create the numerical imbalance that we need. Otherwise, the numbers shake out at 8/8 (with UTEP switching). I think we are dead in this scenario. 16 makes perfect sense from scheduling and geographic perspectives.
    There will be 8 teams left in the MWC, and 9 teams left in CUSA. That is 17 teams, not 16. The only way that they could get to 16 is by AFA moving to BE or kicking someone out. I think they will move UTEP to the Western division, and we fill the 18th slot. Where's the praying smiley when you need it?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    So, if i understand you correctly, you think the optimal number for a merger/alliance is 18? With that as the premise, the alliance collectively will be looking to add only one if AFA stays and add two if AFA leaves.
    Correct.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I don't understand your logic there, Reb...sorry.
    Can't speak for him, but it makes sense since MWC already feeds off WAC teams anyway. Heck, the MWC was started by WAC teams and has mostly drawn their membership from the WAC.

The MWC is more "prestigious" than the WAC.

And, most importantly, Tech would rid itself of Karl Benson.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

One BIG difference this time versus last time is that ECU (of which I am an alum) sees Tech as the lesser of all evils THIS time; ECU and Southern Miss STILL carry a lot of weight in CUSA

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    One BIG difference this time versus last time is that ECU (of which I am an alum) sees Tech as the lesser of all evils THIS time; ECU and Southern Miss STILL carry a lot of weight in CUSA
    As in, North Texas is farther away and kinda sucks at sports/academics? That would be a big change of heart for CUSA to walk away from having any presence in the Dallas market.

+ Reply to Thread