+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "I didn't see that one coming"

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: "I didn't see that one coming"

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    After watching the 2010 season, the 2011 spring game, and reading reports of the summer and fall camps, it is obvious that Isham is the right QB to start.

I agree too. If a better option was available I think Dykes would have chosen it, after the qb fiasco we had last year. Let's face it the qb situation Dykes inherited wasn't a good one. The cupboard was a lil bare.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    I agree too. If a better option was available I think Dykes would have chosen it, after the qb fiasco we had last year. Let's face it the qb situation Dykes inherited wasn't a good one. The cupboard was a lil bare.
    That's putting it mildly. Let's face it, DD didn't effectively recruit a QB in 3 years, and SD may have one now. We'll see. Hell, TF brought in Hakmi along with a couple more last year, tried to bring in Masoli. How'd that work out?? I'm saying, we have a guy who gives us at least a chance to win when we're 2 scores down (and "2" is the operative term). Let's go with him.

Varsity Bulldog BLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    That's putting it mildly. Let's face it, DD didn't effectively recruit a QB in 3 years, and SD may have one now. We'll see. Hell, TF brought in Hakmi along with a couple more last year, tried to bring in Masoli. How'd that work out?? I'm saying, we have a guy who gives us at least a chance to win when we're 2 scores down (and "2" is the operative term). Let's go with him.
    Undoubtedly we are....its working out well too!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just not seeing how great Isham is doing. His arm is average at best and he needs a lot of work in the weight room. If he just gets touched, he usually goes down. A lot of you on here criticize Jenkins, but, I don't have any confidence in this team winning 5 games like we did last year. We'll be lucky to win 4. Some of you have been drinking too much of that Tony Franklin Kool-aid.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I'm just not seeing how great Isham is doing. His arm is average at best and he needs a lot of work in the weight room. If he just gets touched, he usually goes down. A lot of you on here criticize Jenkins, but, I don't have any confidence in this team winning 5 games like we did last year. We'll be lucky to win 4. Some of you have been drinking too much of that Tony Franklin Kool-aid.
    He's doing OK. He ranks 49th in the nation, which is in the top half. He ranks 2nd among Freshman QBs. I like his upside. He makes good decisions for the most part and doesn't get affected by adversity. He's not great, but he is certainly capable of leading us to wins. I wish our running game was less predictable so we didn't have to rely so much on him to win games. But, that's not his fault. I think Franklin's offense would do better with a QB who could improvise with his legs better than Isham can.

Varsity Bulldog dfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Ok dude -- your whole "Isham is cute" thing is getting seriously pervy.

I think our board admins need to have a serious conversation about reporting your borderline sicko posts to the authorities. If it was my kid you were talking about, I would be investigating a TRO at this point.

Cuz you aint right. Get help.
    It is our coaches and fans on this board that think all of this is cute, not me.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

No TF kool-aid here. CC has never impressed me. Taylor Burch would probably be making similar mistakes to Isham. As far as I am aware we don't have a seasoned veteran to play qb for us this year. I don't think Isham has set the world on fire either, but at this point I think he's probably the best choice.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dfwdog View Post
    It is our coaches and fans on this board that think all of this is cute, not me.
    Funny, you're the only one who's mentioned it.

Get help freak.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    He's doing OK. He ranks 49th in the nation, which is in the top half. He ranks 2nd among Freshman QBs. I like his upside. He makes good decisions for the most part and doesn't get affected by adversity. He's not great, but he is certainly capable of leading us to wins. I wish our running game was less predictable so we didn't have to rely so much on him to win games. But, that's not his fault. I think Franklin's offense would do better with a QB who could improvise with his legs better than Isham can.

I brought this up in another thread and it is something that totally confuses me. I wonder if our coaches are purposely limiting his improvising with his legs because if you look at his HS highlight videos he was all about that. I think he most definitely has it in him. I am at the point where I want him to check for Patton, check his #2 option which might just be dumping the ball off to Creer and then just take off and run. Just tell him to be smart and slide. He is VERY quick.

Mobile qb's definitely make the spread offense more effective.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    "Improvise with his legs." Somebody that can run like a RB when Franklin's playcalling continues to suck. If that's what Franklin wants and Fredi Knighten signs with Tech, Isham will be on the bench next year and we'll have another true freshman starting at QB. Knighten has spent a lot of time in the weight room and he runs a 4.5 forty.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Mobile qb's definitely make the spread offense more effective.
    None of the QB's at Texas Tech ever ran. Their offense was a quick read to the open receiver similar to what Crowton ran when he was our coach. If Franklin says he has to have a running QB, he needs to switch to the wishbone.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

None of the QB's at Texas Tech ever ran. Their offense was a quick read to the open receiver similar to what Crowton ran when he was our coach. If Franklin says he has to have a running QB, he needs to switch to the wishbone.
    I've thought that too. The pistol would work, also, but I wouldn't want to give Ault the satisfaction.

Varsity Bulldog dfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Funny, you're the only one who's mentioned it.

Get help freak.
    Actually I never said that at all, you have tried to twist my words and you are the only one that brought it up. So does everyone that disagrees with you on a sports message board need help? I am not the enemy, I am not the one coaching this team or making any of the decisions that effect our football team. I am not the reason for our 1-4 start, if Louisiana Tech would get its act together my posts would not even exist. Hate me if you want to, but your hate is directed at the wrong person.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

We all offer criticism on this board (some are more constuctive than others). But you're the first (male) poster to start calling a player "cute".

And then doing it again and again on the open board. It's very bizarre and very disturbing.

You seriously need to talk to somebody before your obsession with an individual player becomes dangerous.

+ Reply to Thread