+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GATA Defense

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: GATA Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Fahqueue View Post
    more speed on defense.period

Show Up Hope Someone Else Makes A Play
    These are problems. Whole lot of watching recievers run past the defender untouched on the way to making a catch. Whole lot of jogging to the ball after the catch. This secondary may be the worst we have ever had; and it is killing the rest of the team.

Varsity Bulldog Fahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Fahqueue's Avatar

i'd say its the linebackers and Dline that aren't doing anything

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

PLEZ. To repeat a previous POST, Defense held this bunch to 30 points, and I don't think anybody thought that would happen!!!

We ONLY scored 26. AND 20 last week which was good enough to TIE.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    PLEZ. To repeat a previous POST, Defense held this bunch to 30 points, and I don't think anybody thought that would happen!!!

But Hawaii shut their offense down in the 4th Quarter. I'm pretty sure they could have scored again if they would have needed to.... we had no answers to their passing game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

i'd say its the linebackers and Dline that aren't doing anything
    I knew your were a poser. What tier of the multi-level Franklin System have you made it to?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post

Not trying to argue, but if the offense has to average 30+ points a game to win we have a problem on defense.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I knew your were a poser. What tier of the multi-level Franklin System have you made it to?
    I think he's at double-diamond distributor level...comes with the screen shot package.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Not trying to argue, but if the offense has to average 30+ points a game to win we have a problem on defense.
    +1

Varsity Bulldog Fahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeFahqueue Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Fahqueue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    seeing how this was a defense thread I mistakenly figured we could discuss the defense

when presented with new information, I'm inclined to change my opinion. What, sir, do you do when you receive new information?

PS - YOU'RE a "moderator" and you're trolling/badgering other Tech fans just because they won't badmouth the program like you? You don't want site traffic, do you?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

seeing how this was a defense thread I mistakenly figured we could discuss the defense

when presented with new information, I'm inclined to change my opinion. What, sir, do you do when you receive new information?

PS - YOU'RE a "moderator" and you're trolling/badgering other Tech fans just because they won't badmouth the program like you? You don't want site traffic, do you?
    Sucks when people are condescending to you doesn't it?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

And fockewe too loser

Bulldog HoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the rough

Frankly, I wouldn't applaud the defensive secondary too much after last week's inability to stop the "let's let Moniz throw the ball up and see what happens" gameplan. Those were the most insane garbage plays I've seen in quite some time, and they should have been broken up.

While I don't think all of our defensive woes are squarely on the DC or staff, I do think we need to change it up and bring in someone new. We have talent in all areas, but our defense just doesn't have attitude or swagger or whatever you want to call it. I think we need someone new to change the culture of our defense, because dropping huge leads and not being able to cover (because we haven't for two years atleast now) doesn't cut it anymore.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonDawg2008 View Post
    Frankly, I wouldn't applaud the defensive secondary too much after last week's inability to stop the "let's let Moniz throw the ball up and see what happens" gameplan. Those were the most insane garbage plays I've seen in quite some time, and they should have been broken up.

While I don't think all of our defensive woes are squarely on the DC or staff, I do think we need to change it up and bring in someone new. We have talent in all areas, but our defense just doesn't have attitude or swagger or whatever you want to call it. I think we need someone new to change the culture of our defense, because dropping huge leads and not being able to cover (because we haven't for two years atleast now) doesn't cut it anymore.

I asked a few weeks ago about jamming at the line of scrimmage. We play off 5-7 yards from everyone. I think it would benefit us greatly to disrupt some routes and make guys work for it. We may be getting some contact in the first 5 yards, but we probably don't initiate it.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Our D could definitely use a lil more swagger. We have some talent on defense, but not nearly enough.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Sucks when people are condescending to you doesn't it?
    Interesting though that it is extremely rare that anyone disputes a point he's made. Typically when he makes a good point he just gets shouted down and told he's a troll. I don't agree with everything he has said here by any means whatsoever but the responses to him have been interesting to say the least. If you think he's wrong call him out on it and present facts. I have in other threads. But what we are doing most of the time reminds me of what the libs do in the polical forum if an article from Fox news is posted. They dismiss the source without considering the idea.

And Fah-Que. I do value your opinion and think you have brought up some good points in many of theses threads but you have come off as condescending more than once and I believe that is part of the reason why you are getting the reaction you get even when you are correct.

+ Reply to Thread