+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seeing talent on the high school gridiron?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: Anyone seeing talent on the high school gridiron?

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Bossier High's #45 Tevin Robertson (RB/SS) is only a sophomore but he is big, strong and fast. He plays offense, defense, returns punts and kickoffs- does it all. He is a man among boys.
    Someone needs to put Weldon in touch with him. My Bossier connections are long gone now. The new coaching staff is nuts.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    WR for Haughton looked pretty good when they played Byrd. #2. I don't know his name but he seemed to have good size, speed and hands.
    Damon Gladney: He does have a great pair of hands. He's not all that fast but can leap and caught the ball really well. Yahoo sports says we have offered him, someone will have to confirm that.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Devon Desper 6'4" 295 Senior OL from Madison Central High in Madison, MS. Run blocking is as good as anyone I've seen on the high school level. Unfortunately, he's a Mississippi State recruit. Tech defensive lineman will see him in the coming years.

Puppy Woods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Jared Johnson 6'6 WR from Minden.

No one can stop him in the red zone and his only knock is speed.. but he caught a slant against Ruston and split Brice and Noland (both had angles on him) to run it in from 80 yds.
    He does look like a good athlete but also looks like a huge head case. Also dropped several easy passes.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Dawg View Post
    He does look like a good athlete but also looks like a huge head case. Also dropped several easy passes.
    He isn't a head case, just has shaky hands. If you're Tech you take a guy like him..he'll either not pan out and only be a red zone guy or he'll turn into a monster and be a mismatch for everyone we play.

He's already visited aTm and Arkansas and Leslie came and saw him not too long ago.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I love the center at Pineville, Mason Martin. He's about 6-2, 285. Very smart and heady player. Son of a coach, who played at NSU. Has offers from all of the state FCS schools, but no FBS offers. Kid is better right now than Warner was coming out of high school, no doubt, and he's only going to get better. Could play guard or center in college.

Also, there's a WR at ASH, Shaan Washington, who's the real deal as a junior. He's about 6-3, 180. Freak athlete. Probably a BCS kid.

The Peabody RB, Jalen Richard, is out for the year with a torn ACL. But he has a Tech offer. Great running back. Has some of the BCS smart schools after him (Stanford, Duke, etc.) because of a 30 ACT. Not sure if we can get him, but he'll be a good one.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

alonzo moore, ath from Winnfield. he (and his mom) likes tech, but we gotta beat MSST, Nebraska, and A&M for him. kid has been putting up sick numbers, including appx 500 total yards against menard a couple of weeks ago.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I have a feeling that Moore ends up at Nebraska. Kid is a beast. I've known he was BCS since the first game he played as a freshman.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I have a feeling that Moore ends up at Nebraska. Kid is a beast. I've known he was BCS since the first game he played as a freshman.
    I hear MSST then Tech. Nebraska is a long way from Winnfield (and momma), not to mention that it's dam cold. after 3 visits to Neb, i think he would have made the call to the huskers if he was going there.

as an aside, winnfield kids and nebraska don't have the best success rate. Jamayel Phillips, aka Big Smooth, didn't fare too well in Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    I hear MSST then Tech. Nebraska is a long way from Winnfield (and momma), not to mention that it's dam cold. after 3 visits to Neb, i think he would have made the call to the huskers if he was going there.

as an aside, winnfield kids and nebraska don't have the best success rate. Jamayel Phillips, aka Big Smooth, didn't fare too well in Lincoln.
    Jamayel didn't fare well in Lincoln because, well, he was Jamayel Phillips.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I love the center at Pineville, Mason Martin. He's about 6-2, 285. Very smart and heady player. Son of a coach, who played at NSU. Has offers from all of the state FCS schools, but no FBS offers. Kid is better right now than Warner was coming out of high school, no doubt, and he's only going to get better. Could play guard or center in college.

Also, there's a WR at ASH, Shaan Washington, who's the real deal as a junior. He's about 6-3, 180. Freak athlete. Probably a BCS kid.

The Peabody RB, Jalen Richard, is out for the year with a torn ACL. But he has a Tech offer. Great running back. Has some of the BCS smart schools after him (Stanford, Duke, etc.) because of a 30 ACT. Not sure if we can get him, but he'll be a good one.
    Watched ASH Friday with about 25 other people in the stands (brutal!). Washington was ridiculous, Gatlin threw some of the worst balls I have ever seen and Washington just went up and got them over everybody.

Also, ASH had this huge dude on D, #2 Lavalier. Some guy in the stands said Bama and LSU were on him. He was huge and made some plays. What do you know about him?

Jamayel didn't fare well in Lincoln because, well, he was Jamayel Phillips.
    in general, Winnfield kids have not fared to well in college in recent times. with the exception of anthony thomas, i can't think of a winnfield kid who has had a successful college career on the football field. Phillips, Antonio "4 Star" Robinson, and Freddie King all come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Watched ASH Friday with about 25 other people in the stands (brutal!). Washington was ridiculous, Gatlin threw some of the worst balls I have ever seen and Washington just went up and got them over everybody.

Also, ASH had this huge dude on D, #2 Lavalier. Some guy in the stands said Bama and LSU were on him. He was huge and made some plays. What do you know about him?
    I was hoping CJ was going to be similar or better than his older cousin, Adam, but so far it doesn't seem that way. He's a great athlete and has a good QB build, but maybe his future is better on the diamond. Washington is a beast.

I don't know much about Lavalais. I've heard he's ASH's best defender, but I certainly hadn't heard anything about Bama or LSU. Will check on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    in general, Winnfield kids have not fared to well in college in recent times. with the exception of anthony thomas, i can't think of a winnfield kid who has had a successful college career on the football field. Phillips, Antonio "4 Star" Robinson, and Freddie King all come to mind.
    I get that. But there's a new regime in town, and Alonzo Moore is the real deal. I've known it since he was a freshman, and he's only gotten better. He's going to be a very good WR or CB in college, wherever he chooses to go.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I was hoping CJ was going to be similar or better than his older cousin, Adam, but so far it doesn't seem that way. He's a great athlete and has a good QB build, but maybe his future is better on the diamond. Washington is a beast.

I don't know much about Lavalais. I've heard he's ASH's best defender, but I certainly hadn't heard anything about Bama or LSU. Will check on that.
    Adam and I are the same age. I played WR when Adam was there, and I hate to be "that guy" that says we were way better than those guys, but Adam had good zip on the ball and CJ just doesnt seem to have it yet. Adam could not read D's for crap, but we ran a run and shoot style O and he managed off of pure talent. Not to mention, there seems to be very little talent in central LA as a whole, so the competition looks weaker. He signed at ULM and flunked out FR year.

That being said, neither are/were even close to Craig Nall. I was a FR when he was SR, so I only go to practice with him a few times (let FR football players practice after our season was over with the real team). You could hear the ball whistling toward you. Never got that from Adam, though he had a good arm. CJ threw some of the weakest passes I had ever seen, especially deep balls. It was like he was throwing a high fade every time he threw it deep. I saw balls underthrown by 20 yards, not on purpose. He just doesnt have the zip necessary, but I guess he could get there.

Adam's future should have been on the diamond too. He was a good catcher with good pop, but he just lacked a genuine love for baseball like he had for football. We had the Reds come scout Nall and another player when I was a FR, they were already asking about Adam. The guy was as big in 7th grade as he was when he was a Sr in high school.

+ Reply to Thread