+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #4 Byrd (1-0, 5-0) vs. Parkway (1-0, 6-0)

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: #4 Byrd (1-0, 5-0) vs. Parkway (1-0, 6-0)

Byrd will go undefeated and then flame out in the first round of the play-offs....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Boo you

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I will be there for this one.......2 kids at Byrd........I will be sporting my Tech shirt though.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I will be there for this one.......2 kids at Byrd........I will be sporting my Tech shirt though.
    I was there. Sporting my RED Tech shirt!

Couple notes.
    Byrd just had the power and size advatange. (That's what happens when you have 40 seniors!) I knew when Parkway went up 14-0 that this game was going to come down to brute strength or finesse. And Parkway DIDN'T have the strength. The fourth quarter was just ugly! And I don't think I ever saw a team concede defeat at 1:50 to play! I wsh Byrd well the rest of the year! As a Bossier Grad I knew I should root for our side of the river, but as a former Broadmoor'er I was torn because I know so many with kids there too! What it came down to for me was one of my best friends "oldest" plays WR for Parkway. He caught the TD over te middle to tie it up at 21 and he was robbed on the bomb on the side line. But that's all in the past now. Byrd is the better team this year. And I wish them well.

Question though for other local HS fans. I thought Parkway was suppose to have this great QB?
    I was not impressed. While he had a decent arm he was late on most throws making the WR stop and wait for the ball which ended in 3 or 4 INTs and many "jump balls". Then he also never checked off his original receiver. He knew who he was throwing it to before he hiked the ball and everyone else knew 3 seconds later. (he threw at 5 sec.) It was disapointing to me to see receivers get the separation and "then some" but never get looked at.
    Now, the Byrd QB may not be a QB at the next level, but he will be an athlete. His second gear was neat to see. To best explain it would be to say he showed great torque in the first five yds and then he could hit second and just pull away fast. I hear he's going to Cornell.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

FYI, that WR wants to play at TECH.
    He was at the first TAG tailgate and was at the last. Over the past four years he has moved from a lsu lover to a TECH lover and defender. At the Houston game during the "We Are... Bulldogs!" chant he grabbed my arm and said, "I just got goose bumps!". He looked at his girlfriend and she agreed!

It just shows that if we all try a little harder to promote our school and get people to the games we WILL win people over. That is a family of SEVEN now supporting TECH. And the next one wants to play VB at TECH.

It may be one at a time but I am converting those lsu badwagon fans!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Byrd will go undefeated and then flame out in the first round of the play-offs....
    I don't know Dwayne, they have a well-coached team. If they're a top 16 seed, which I feel certain they will be, they'll get to play at home the first round. This is not the same Byrd team we've seen over the years. I'm not saying they have what it takes to go to the Dome, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the semi's.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I don't know Dwayne, they have a well-coached team. If they're a top 16 seed, which I feel certain they will be, they'll get to play at home the first round. This is not the same Byrd team we've seen over the years. I'm not saying they have what it takes to go to the Dome, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the semi's.
    I agree.......they handled West Monroe pretty easily. The Rebels scored a late meaningless TD just to lose by 7.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Ok second round of the playoffs

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I agree.......they handled West Monroe pretty easily. The Rebels scored a late meaningless TD just to lose by 7.
    That's the way you remember it?

They're Byrd -

All they do is play girls high school basketball

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They're Byrd -

All they do is play girls high school basketball
    Byrd has won 7 football state championships!!!*
    2 Boys & 2 Girls Basketball championships & 2 Baseball champions

* 1926, 1930, 1931, 1934, 1935, 1937, 1949

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Byrd beat Southwood tonight 49-8... Byrd remains undefeated at 7-0 with only lowly Shreve and Airline remaining...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Byrd beat Southwood tonight 49-8... Byrd remains undefeated at 7-0 with only lowly Shreve and Airline remaining...
    Byrd could have named the final had they wanted.......scoring over 100 would not have been hard. At least Suggs coaches Byrd with class, unlike some schools around here.

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

We need to have Suggs show Isham have to do a decent ball fake. Isham has to have one of the worst ball fake I have ever seen. Obviously our great coaches don't think it is important, or can't teach it.
    If Suggs can teach high school quarterbacks how to do a good ball fake on a yearly basis, he should be able to teach Isham how to ball fake. I saw a special on Peyton last year and it was showing how he still works on his ball fake, because every bit of hesitation you can generate on the defense gives your receivers that much more of an edge.

+ Reply to Thread