+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Houston invited to Big East

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Houston invited to Big East

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Not so fast, my friend.

Athletics Council met in September and meets again very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Splitting hairs! The athletic council is not meeting in extraordinary sessions to work on the realignment issue, nor has it been charged with any specific duties in that regard. How's that?
    Maybe DR thinks the Athletics Council is not doing their job. :icon_wink: Hell, the Athletics Council should be calling numerous emergency meetings , at least twice a week, with DR a BVD for updates and suggestions on conference movement. They should do it over conference calls if not in person.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-19-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Splitting hairs! The athletic council is not meeting in extraordinary sessions to work on the realignment issue, nor has it been charged with any specific duties in that regard. How's that?
    I thought we had established a while back that our Athletic Council is packed with lsu ringers -- appointed to make sure lil ol Tech stays in its place.

Has that changed?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I thought we had established a while back that our Athletic Council is packed with lsu ringers -- appointed to make sure lil ol Tech stays in its place.

Has that changed?
    The evidence is on the grassy knoll. Look there.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Reneau has not spoken to a single CUSA school president; the athletic council has not had a single meeting; we don't know who supports us and who opposes us in CUSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Typical small minded tech. This admin is an absolute joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawg34 View Post
    It is instances such is this that makes a recent graduate such as myself hesitant to donate to a stagnant program. Why should I care when even our own administration don't give two s****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Sickening!!!! ANYONE with half a clue would be very active talking and working to get us a spot in another conference other than the sb- I don't understand why this is a difficult concept- at least pick up the freakin phone and make a call!!!! I don't doubt you, but I so hope you are wrong on this- I hope they are making an effort.
    Not that LFR isn't credible, but you guys really need to stop reaching conclusions strictly on what somebody said on the intranet.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Not that LFR isn't credible, but you guys really need to stop reaching conclusions strictly on what somebody said on the intranet.
    Thanks for the reminder. I've been meaning to look this up and confirm I won an argument.:icon_wink:

http://www.hammer.net/template.asp?nav_id=263

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I'll say a couple of things about that. Number 1, there is no progress on numerous issues that suggest otherwise. Number 2, Past behavior is indicative of future behavior. Number 3 there are other people with "sources" , Etc.. on this board who disagree with LFR on other issues but on this one issue they all unanimously agree. So I think all signs point to the fact that DR has been sitting on his hands.

If what LFR suggested is true, that DR is about to start getting involved with CUSA Presidents, I would say that is a slightly good sign but it would also indicate how out of touch he is with athletcs in that he is just now getting involved AFTER this whole thing blew up rather than trying to put us in the best position a long time ago. In other words he is just now grasping the gravity of this situation when it has been clear as day for a long time now. And more importantly it shows the type of priority he places on athletics in general, a marketing tool that were he not so short-sighted, could be used to help ALL aspects of the university.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I'll say a couple of things about that. Number 1, there is no progress on numerous issues that suggest otherwise. Number 2, Past behavior is indicative of future behavior. Number 3 there are other people with "sources" , Etc.. on this board who disagree with LFR on other issues but on this one issue they all unanimously agree. So I think all signs point to the fact that DR has been sitting on his hands.

If what LFR suggested is true, that DR is about to start getting involved with CUSA Presidents, I would say that is a slightly good sign but it would also indicate how out of touch he is with athletcs in that he is just now getting involved AFTER this whole thing blew up rather than trying to put us in the best position a long time ago. In other words he is just now grasping the gravity of this situation when it has been clear as day for a long time now. And more importantly it shows the type of priority he places on athletics in general, a marketing tool that were he not so short-sighted, could be used to help ALL aspects of the university.
    MD I'll use a winky face or sarcasm blood icon next time to show I was joking.

BD13, your thought out response as to why you think what you think is the exact opposite of what I'm criticizing.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Disagree. I think Dooley opened everyone's eyes. We made our pitch to CUSA last summer. We have continued to stay in touch. We shouldn't appear to be stalkers, because they are well aware of our strengths and weaknesses and Dan Reneau should not be made a skapegoat that we can ride out of town on a rail if this doesn't turn out well for us. It will be our negatives (market, facilities, attendance, performance, etc) or other team's positives that keeps us out. I would say his leadership to Tier 1 status is his primary role as president, and it may help us out some.
    Last edited by T_Won; 10-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

BD13, your thought out response as to why you think what you think is the exact opposite of what I'm criticizing.
    Oops.... here comes a verbage disagreement again from BD13 that will take many twists and turns. How many times will the real subject matter get changed? :icon_wink:

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Disagree. I think Dooley opened everyone's eyes. We made our pitch to CUSA last summer. We have continued to stay in touch. We shouldn't appear to be stalkers, because they are well aware of our strengths and weaknesses and Dan Reneau should not be made a skapegoat that we can ride out of town on a pike if this doesn't turn out well for us. It will be our negatives (market, facilities, attendance, performance, etc) or other team's positives that keeps us out. I would say his leadership to Tier 1 status is his primary role as president, and it may help us out some.
    See that's where I think you are way off. I agree Dooley or BVDV bugging the CUSA Commish/AD's every second would be stalking. Definitely not what I am advocating.

DR taking one week out of the year to press the flesh with these CUSA Presidents would not be stalking or pressuring. The Presidents have the final vote, not the AD's/Coaches. DR knows how to talk to these types much better than a BVDV would. They have similar goals and mindsets. He knows the "academia" and speaks their language. Sell THEM and they will tell their AD's what to do. Academics is one of our strengths compared to our competitors, he can work that angle with other Presidents where as BVDV selling that aspect might fall on deaf ears.

Also on another subject you are saying that he should not be made skapegoat if this doesn't work out due to market, facilities, attendance, performance but I would state that he can have a major impact on all of those areas except market. And if we are strong in the other 3 it might be enough to overcome market. So in the end the buck stops with DR and he should absolutely share an enormous portion of the blame if this doesn't work out. And it goes all the way back to the Stovall hiring, and everything since then. If the chickens come home to roost, they'll be roosting on DR's head.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    The evidence is on the grassy knoll. Look there.
    Aww, c'mon now ... Are you getting tired of my conspiracy theories?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Oops.... here comes a verbage disagreement again from BD13 that will take many twists and turns. How many times will the real subject matter get changed? :icon_wink:
    Why do you keep stalking me on here? If you are a psycho and for some reason you are doing it to press my buttons, I've gotta tell you, I have a beautiful wife, 4 awesome kids and I am a very happy person. It's gonna take a lot more than your comments behind all of my posts to get me upset. If it's for some other reason than you need to get over yourself.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should blame whoever it was that named Reneau President of La Tech? At some point we must accept who we are. Dooley and BVDV have both said the most important thing would be to give more money / find more people to give money, increase season ticket sales, increase membership in LTAC. I would add that we need to win more in all sports. We have made some improvements, but we are not where we need to be to overcome a school that has a better market than us, imo.

MD I'll use a winky face or sarcasm blood icon next time to show I was joking.

So I understand, what are you criticizing? I thought you were saying people were deriving their opinion based strictly off of what someone was saying on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Why do you keep stalking me on here? If you are a psycho and for some reason you are doing it to press my buttons, I've gotta tell you, I have a beautiful wife, 4 awesome kids and I am a very happy person. It's gonna take a lot more than your comments behind all of my posts to get me upset. If it's for some other reason than you need to get over yourself.
    Now that is funny. I actually have thought you've been stalking and critiquing me and my posts a lot lately. True? Just let me know if you can't handle my responses to your critiques of my posts.

+ Reply to Thread