+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Houston invited to Big East

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Houston invited to Big East

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    You and I are bored with conference talk. Our posts are telling.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    What does the size of my endowment have to do with anything? Have you been talking to Charlotte again?
    If you're having problems with the size of your endowment, you should pay a visit to Bernice. I hear they are much more indiscriminate there, when it comes to endowments.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    If you're having problems with the size of your endowment, you should pay a visit to Bernice. I hear they are much more indiscriminate there, when it comes to endowments.
    Um, I'm married to a girl from Bernice. That really puts things into perspective.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Um, I'm married to a girl from Bernice. That really puts things into perspective.
    So much for the "Big endowment to the Big East", this thread is slipping!!! Might not be bad, probably need to loosen up a bit.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Just an honest question about markets, If UNT can claim Dallas market why isn't all of N LA considered our market? UNT is probably the fourth of fifth team in Dallas. i realize S'port and Monroe aren't Dallas but all together N LA is a decent market and CUSA has no pressence here, yet. I just want someone who knows alot more than me to explain the whole market

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Just an honest question about markets, If UNT can claim Dallas market why isn't all of N LA considered our market? UNT is probably the fourth of fifth team in Dallas. i realize S'port and Monroe aren't Dallas but all together N LA is a decent market and CUSA has no pressence here, yet. I just want someone who knows alot more than me to explain the whole market
    It is...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post

Better yet, someone explain it to the cusa officials. They are the ones whose perception is a little flawed.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    Better yet, someone explain it to the cusa officials. They are the ones whose perception is a little flawed.
    That is why I have stated over and over that we need a professional marketing firm or person hired specifically for the purpose of selling what we have to other conferences. It would be a one time investment and very little money for the return. We, apparently, don't have anyone that can put it all together in one package and sell it.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That is why I have stated over and over that we need a professional marketing firm or person hired specifically for the purpose of selling what we have to other conferences. It would be a one time investment and very little money for the return. We, apparently, don't have anyone that can put it all together in one package and sell it.
    IMO, You either do it the old fashion way with DR working his magic, and I actually think he has some with those University President types or you hire someone. If DR isn't about selling the school then I agree with you.

Didn't UNT hire Chuck Neinas to do that very thing??? They hired him for something. I'm gonna go look it up.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/ar...th-neinas.html

All I saw is that he worked on a report for them which basically told them a bunch of what we/they already know.

BUT someone like Neinas (who is probably not available now that he is interim commish) to lobby on our behalf would not be a bad idea. However I think it is likely that he would have needed to be hired before now to have a decent impact. You never know though.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/ar...th-neinas.html

All I saw is that he worked on a report for them which basically told them a bunch of what we/they already know.

BUT someone like Neinas (who is probably not available now that he is interim commish) to lobby on our behalf would not be a bad idea. However I think it is likely that he would have needed to be hired before now to have a decent impact. You never know though.
    Just an idea, Bradshaw lives close to Dallas, the CUSA offices are in Dallas, what if he and his buddy, Steve Davison, stopped by one day for a lunch? Do you think they would make themselves available???? :icon_wink:

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Just an idea, Bradshaw lives close to Dallas, the CUSA offices are in Dallas, what if he and his buddy, Steve Davison, stopped by one day for a lunch? Do you think they would make themselves available???? :icon_wink:
    I know they would make themselves available, if asked - and may already be involved. I hope so!

Bigdawg,
    I think Chuck is one type of person that could do something, but I am talking about someone that could put things together in a marketing package - a professional at that type of thing. Chuck's talent is in another area - and connections being a key for him. We need someone to do the following:
    Study and put our REAL media market in a package to sell (this has not been done to the scale needed).
    Show what all we could bring to a conference as a program.
    Put down our academic accomplishments.
    Show our potential - not just what we have done.

All of these things put together in a package that sells us is something that a professional hired JUST for this purpose could do. We need to think outside the box and show ourselves to be the very best choice (even over the Florida schools). It can be done, if the right person is hired to do it.

It is not too late. UTEP was chosen last minute on the last round. We need to sell to CUSA, MWC, and B12. A well put together package can work miracles. (and I will put TWSS before anyone else does on that one - just glad I didn't mention penetration in the same sentence ).

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I know they would make themselves available, if asked - and may already be involved. I hope so!

Bigdawg,
    I think Chuck is one type of person that could do something, but I am talking about someone that could put things together in a marketing package - a professional at that type of thing. Chuck's talent is in another area - and connections being a key for him. We need someone to do the following:
    Study and put our REAL media market in a package to sell (this has not been done to the scale needed).
    Show what all we could bring to a conference as a program.
    Put down our academic accomplishments.
    Show our potential - not just what we have done.

All of these things put together in a package that sells us is something that a professional hired JUST for this purpose could do. We need to think outside the box and show ourselves to be the very best choice (even over the Florida schools). It can be done, if the right person is hired to do it.

It is not too late. UTEP was chosen last minute on the last round. We need to sell to CUSA, MWC, and B12. A well put together package can work miracles. (and I will put TWSS before anyone else does on that one - just glad I didn't mention penetration in the same sentence ).
    THIS!!!!

+ Reply to Thread