+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruston Football

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

Ruston Football

Well the last three games will make or break the season. With three games left they can end up 6-4 at best, and 4-6 at worst. You have to figure West Monroe is a loss so I'm thinking 5-5 at best. So far the only quality win is Bastrop.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Ruston Football

I don't know that I would consider Bastrop a quality win this year. There struggling under there new coach. I think WM beats em and they split the last two. It's a shame too. Ruston has some talent.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I'll give you the Bastrop point,I just didn't want to say no quality wins. They did better than I thought they would do against West Monroe. I agree with the split and 5 and 5. Thank goodness for Arcadia and Minden!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sw View Post
    I'll give you the Bastrop point,I just didn't want to say no quality wins. They did better than I thought they would do against West Monroe. I agree with the split and 5 and 5. Thank goodness for Arcadia and Minden!
    Since Laird has been the coach I've been saying that Ruston is not coached up to the talent they have. The Ruston team I saw last night played with heart, but they were really lacking in the trenches. I thought Laird did about as good as he could. Hernandez is impressive. Good size too. Is he being recruited?

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Good question, i've been thinking lately that he'll get some FBS looks.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Since Laird has been the coach I've been saying that Ruston is not coached up to the talent they have. The Ruston team I saw last night played with heart, but they were really lacking in the trenches. I thought Laird did about as good as he could. Hernandez is impressive. Good size too. Is he being recruited?
    Ruston doesn't have near the talent some people claim. They have been out-athleted by Neville, Byrd, Ouachita, and WM. Whether you like Laird or not, those are just the facts.

This is where the conversation ended last year. I'll let it stay ended,but I do find it strange that Ruston players are not up to the standard of other places for the last several years.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sw View Post
    This is where the conversation ended last year. I'll let it stay ended,but I do find it strange that Ruston players are not up to the standard of other places for the last several years.
    We'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Ruston doesn't have near the talent some people claim. They have been out-athleted by Neville, Byrd, Ouachita, and WM. Whether you like Laird or not, those are just the facts.
    I agree that they were lacking this year compared to past years (in the trenches for sure), but Ruston didn't suddenly have a drop off in good genes. Also, I know they have more seniors graduating at 18/19 than they did a few years ago.

Bearcats roll tonight over Denham Springs 33-14. On to face Central (BR) who upset the #1 seeded St. Paul's.

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Bearcats roll tonight over Denham Springs 33-14. On to face Central (BR) who upset the #1 seeded St. Paul's.
    I like the way this sets up for Ruston. #1 and #4 got beat.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

All 5a teams north of Natchitoches won! 7 of 16 remain from Dist 1&2

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Not to hi-jack this thread, but West Monroe (only H.S. game I went to this year) had a total of 12 offensive plays in the first half but lead 42-7 over Hahnville at halftime. Talk about a strange game. Final was 49-14. Good luck to all North LA teams through-out the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Not to hi-jack this thread, but West Monroe (only H.S. game I went to this year) had a total of 12 offensive plays in the first half but lead 42-7 over Hahnville at halftime. Talk about a strange game. Final was 49-14. Good luck to all North LA teams through-out the playoffs.
    If my kid was zoned for Hahnville, I'd move before I listened that that fight song at every game. I've never seen a DLine dominate a game like WM's guys did last night. Men against boys...

+ Reply to Thread