+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruston Football

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Re: Ruston Football

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Bearcats roll tonight over Denham Springs 33-14. On to face Central (BR) who upset the #1 seeded St. Paul's.
    That score is a little deceiving. It was a close game until the final 5 minutes or so, but it's a good win for the Bearcats. If they could throw the ball they would be a lot tougher to defend against.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    That score is a little deceiving. It was a close game until the final 5 minutes or so, but it's a good win for the Bearcats. If they could throw the ball they would be a lot tougher to defend against.
    Yes, it was a very close game up until the middle of the 4th. Ruston's RB had a huge game.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    They tried throwing the ball early in the year, it didn't work out too well for them. They have been doing a decent job with some play action passes once they get the running game established.I thik Ruston has a decent shot of meeting WM again in the semis.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Good season Bearcats! 3 of the 4 teams that beat them in the regular season are in the semifinals. Hopefully the naysayers will disappear for awhile.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Your right, 8-5 with 5 blowout losses is a great season, what are we thinking?

TB

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I am very proud that the boys made the playoffs and had a winning season. I am affraid that you and I will just have to see things differently.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Ditto, these guys got to the third round in spite of coaching, not because of it.

TB

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    Ditto, these guys got to the third round in spite of coaching, not because of it.

TB
    That is assinine. You can't have it both ways. YOU are the one that claims high school football is 99% percent coaching. So the players were responsible for the wins, but the coaches for the losses? Do I need to go find that post????

Your right, 8-5 with 5 blowout losses is a great season, what are we thinking?

TB
    Quarterfinals. Enough said.

Mentechsters,

You really think Ruston High is an elite high school team, if you do you have lost your mind. Ruston High has been average at best since Chick retired. I know its just a talent cycle, sort of like WM had no talent for 40 years and now has most of the talent in NLA. I'm done with this thread, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Travis Boney

Mentechsters,

You really think Ruston High is an elite high school team, if you do you have lost your mind. Ruston High has been average at best since Chick retired. I know its just a talent cycle, sort of like WM had no talent for 40 years and now has most of the talent in NLA. I'm done with this thread, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Travis Boney
    I'm glad you're done with it because you're babbling. Never said they were an elite team. Never even said they were a great team. But the players and coaches did bust their asses and make it to the quarterfinals. Something to be said for that. I doubt you attended any games this year so how can you speak of the talent level or poor coaching? Just calling it like I see it.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Poor offensive play calling was the reason Ruston lost 26-0 to Mandeville.Laird went in to panic mode when they got behind 13-0 in the second quarter. If you are satisfied with an average team at Ruston, keep the status quo. If you want to build a winner Ruston needs a change.

+ Reply to Thread