+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another Hollywood Double Standard

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: Another Hollywood Double Standard

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You can sue for libel (written) and slander (spoken) if something "harsh" is stated about you. And, you can win the lawsuit with documented proof it took place. However, other than the satisfaction of winning the suit, unless there was material damage, there will be little to no monetary award.

Of course, it is NOT libel/slander if it is true! That is true in all such cases.

In this particular case, I don't see any material damage to Palin. Now, if she had lost a contract, and as a result of that is deprived of compensation, then yes, a suit for libel/slander would return monetary award at least equal to the lost compensation.

But, I am not an attorney, and didn't play one on TV either, so....
    she is a public figure so it is even more difficult and you have to prove intent to harm.
    PSA: Please realise the impotence of proof reading before you post.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have been in communication with Johnny Depp. He goes by John Christopher on his business Facebook page. I have been...probably HAD been, since I don't think a deal is in the making, trying to convince him to invest in a project. I can tell you he's not too bright. It's like communicating with a young child. Or maybe his brain is fried on drugs or something.

He did apologize for making a "bad joke." I like him as an actor, and am willing to forgive this transgression. People say stupid things all the time. If it's an isolated incident, then let's all move on. Of course, if he utters such nonsense again, then no reprieve a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I have been in communication with Johnny Depp. He goes by John Christopher on his business Facebook page. I have been...probably HAD been, since I don't think a deal is in the making, trying to convince him to invest in a project. I can tell you he's not too bright. It's like communicating with a young child. Or maybe his brain is fried on drugs or something.

He did apologize for making a "bad joke." I like him as an actor, and am willing to forgive this transgression. People say stupid things all the time. If it's an isolated incident, then let's all move on. Of course, if he utters such nonsense again, then no reprieve a second time.
    I'm finished giving his movies any $$.

+ Reply to Thread