+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DISH, Direct TV or Cable

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Re: DISH, Direct TV or Cable

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Direct TV
    Gettin it installed on Saturday morning.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Found out that some of my buddies had more Comcast crap than me and they were paying less...

Sure enough I called today and found out that if I get a land line that I never use (3 bundle package), my bill goes down AND I get a new router for free!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Well all I have to say is....
    $72.86 a month for 5 TVs.
    This includes the 120+ programing, 2 DVRs, 200 hrs of DVR, taxes and fees!
    And I haven't had a Tech game on TV I couldn't see since I don't know when!
    And I paid 0 (zero) for the equipment!

If anyone can show me a better deal I will jump!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    What phone service are you with. I couldn't find anyone that would bundle with Dish. Everyone bundles with Direct.

We hardley ever watch live TV unless it's sports and what comes on on Sat afternoons that you are DVRing? (Project Runway?) The worst thing about the Dish DVR is you can only watch what you have recorded in two rooms connected to that receiver.

Question for you about Suddenlink (since I could get it if I wanted) how many things can you record at one time and still be able to watch live TV?
    AT&T, To answer your second question, with 7 people in the house there is always something that someone wants to record. With Suddenlink I don't remember there being any limit on what we could record and still be able to watch live TV.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    AT&T, To answer your second question, with 7 people in the house there is always something that someone wants to record. With Suddenlink I don't remember there being any limit on what we could record and still be able to watch live TV.
    Are you sure you aren't mixing up Dish Network & Direct TV? I've been bundling my AT&T cell, home, & internet for years now. (cut off my home about 5 months ago, no one calls me at home) They have never allowed me to bundle my Dish bill into that. Infact, they always want me to switch to Direct.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it was the same limitation. I use to have to choose what I wanted to watch as well.

The "solution" is that while 2 programs are recording, watch a 3rd one that's ON the DVR. (not live) Problem solved.

Oh.... and U-Verse will EXPLODE here if they run the fiber. I want it... BAD!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

My new setup with Comcast has me saving $50/mo and I get a new router. My Walmart/Cisco router never worked as well as it should have.

I'd switch to Dish in a sec if I had an option for fast inernet service.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Are you sure you aren't mixing up Dish Network & Direct TV? I've been bundling my AT&T cell, home, & internet for years now. (cut off my home about 5 months ago, no one calls me at home) They have never allowed me to bundle my Dish bill into that. Infact, they always want me to switch to Direct.
    Like I said JAB, I was a Directv subscriber before most of the nation even knew it existed. I know the difference. They used to work with DISH and I guess I was grandfathered in so to speak. They now have Directv available.

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Love suddenlink (bundle cable and internet) plus no outages during the rain like with DISH. Plus love having COX Sports, Great local sports channel

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post
    Love suddenlink (bundle cable and internet) plus no outages during the rain like with DISH. Plus love having COX Sports, Great local sports channel
    This plus Direct with the NFL Ticket. Never go without.

+ Reply to Thread