+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I guess I shoudn't be surprised

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

I guess I shoudn't be surprised

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: I guess I shoudn't be surprised

WHAT?!?!? They NEVER give us any love!!!

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

As much as I like their news(hate Monroe,sorry),they will never cover Tech. You would think we are a junior college. Nice of them to mention that we had to say something to them for some coverage!

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

The post would have had a completely different tone without that first line in it. It completely frames Louisiana Tech athletics as nothing more than a very minor afterthought. It looks like a post regarding a high school game.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

They did have our highlights on at 6

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

These were the posts that triggered the response:

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

And KSLA posts 2 links about LSU... no mention of LA Tech of course...

Varsity Bulldog El Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her game

A little of that has to do with the athletic department refusing to market themselves outside of Ruston.... The "Your Town, Your Team, Your Gameday" doesn't help the cause when trying to reach out to Monroe/Shreveport. But at the end of the day, the amount of LSU coverage is just sickening.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I've seen several billboards in shreveport

Varsity Bulldog El Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I've seen several billboards in shreveport
    Billboards don't cut it. LA Tech has concentrated most of their efforts this season on the Ruston area when there is a ton of potential to market the region.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

It's tough going getting serious pub from the Shreveport stations with the potential national championship and Tech coming off a losing season. I'm not saying Tech shouldn't try because the potential is great, but it's not the ideal season to expect to be the darling of S/BC.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    It's tough going getting serious pub from the Shreveport stations with the potential national championship and Tech coming off a losing season. I'm not saying Tech shouldn't try because the potential is great, but it's not the ideal season to expect to be the darling of S/BC.
    It doesn't help matters when there are so many local business commercials on the ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX affiliates in Shreveport/Bossier that feature LSU so prominently.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    It doesn't help matters when there are so many local business commercials on the ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX affiliates in Shreveport/Bossier that feature LSU so prominently.
    This is the worst. The Granger Ford and Reeves Marine commercials make me sick. Plus, Ford has their national commercial painted in purple and gold.

+ Reply to Thread