+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saints vs. Colts

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Saints vs. Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Sw View Post
    Colts fans are upset that we ran up the score!
    The Saints quit when we were up 41-7 in the third quarter. We put in the backups. The Colts were so bad that they let us score on a pick 6 and a rushing touchdown when everyone in the stadium knew we were going to run the ball. They were so helpless that our backups couldn't stop themselves from scoring.

From TMQ (ESPN Page 2):
    Sometimes you learn a lot about a team when nothing is on the line. With New Orleans leading 41-7 at the end of the third quarter, the Saints pulled Drew Brees and other starters, and did not attempt another pass in the contest. Indianapolis allowed a touchdown drive of six consecutive rushing plays. Knowing the Saints would rush, the Colts, looking bored and listless, couldn't stop them. Then trailing 62-7 with seven minutes remaining, Indianapolis coach Jim Caldwell ordered a punt from midfield. Just two years ago, Indianapolis was in the Super Bowl. Ye gods.

I know 62-7 looks like the Saints were RUTS, but I thought they handled it perfectly and I think the Colts deserved more than they got (anybody remember the 2003 game (55-21 I think was the score).

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    If you were the Colts would you draft Luck?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You know what? I would draft him even if I knew Manning was coming back. Just like the Packers drafted Rogers. Plus I think Manning would be a much better teacher than Favre who basically froze Rogers out and looked at him as a competitor.
    That would totally depend on Luck's mentality. If he would be willing to hold a clipboard for a couple years, then I would ABSOLUTLY do it. If he wants to come in an be considered for a job immediately, then call up Mike Ditka and get every pick from him. ;c)

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    That would totally depend on Luck's mentality. If he would be willing to hold a clipboard for a couple years, then I would ABSOLUTLY do it. If he wants to come in an be considered for a job immediately, then call up Mike Ditka and get every pick from him. ;c)
    I wouldnt. I would draft him and let Peyton go elsewhere. Of course, the Colts want Manning to get back on the field this year to see what he has left, but he is 37 years old. At most, he has 3 more productive years left. With his neck issues, you would be lucky to get there. If you get the first pick, you draft Luck and you deal with it.

+ Reply to Thread