+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Van De Velde to speak at TAG Luncheon in Bossier City

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bruce Van De Velde to speak at TAG Luncheon in Bossier City

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    Isaiah Massey will be eligible for this basketball season. Coach White is the real deal. He is working very hard to greatly increase student attendance this year. He has two big time recruits committed but can not release info yet. We are renovating the memorial gym for a practice facility. We need 180k. White has been in close contact with Paul Millsap. We are working towards signing a mens home and home with lsu. He is very open in trying to get a big name to play in Shreveport. His active goal is the ncaa tournament this year and every year. Men will practice open to the public 11am this Saturday.

Bruce said he and DR have have close personal visits, emails, teleconferences...etc with many university presidents, ADs, and conference commissioners (Big East, MWC, CUSA). He feels hopefull we will be in the 32 team proposed conference if it happens. The architecture firm Populous is doing the design and a local firm will be used for construction administration, codes, site visits..etc.

Barbecue was GREAT!!!
    Thanks for the update! You have to love these comments!!!

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    He didn't name a firm - he said a firm would be engaged and construction plans would then be drawn up and the project let for bid...
    I thought I heard it said or implied that Populous would do design partnered with a local in-state firm for construction admin, local zoning, codes...etc?

But then again that's what I WANTED him to say and could have been wishful thinking.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Lincoln Builders; I think the only local firm that can handle a job this size.
    Not really -

There are plenty across the region that will be bidding on the job - Brown, Lincoln, McInnis, Triad etal will be in the bid process
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Isaiah Massey will be eligible for this basketball season. Coach White is the real deal. He is working very hard to greatly increase student attendance this year. He has two big time recruits committed but can not release info yet. We are renovating the memorial gym for a practice facility. We need 180k. White has been in close contact with Paul Millsap. We are working towards signing a mens home and home with lsu. He is very open in trying to get a big name to play in Shreveport. His active goal is the ncaa tournament this year and every year. Men will practice open to the public 11am this Saturday.

Bruce said he and DR have have close personal visits, emails, teleconferences...etc with many university presidents, ADs, and conference commissioners (Big East, MWC, CUSA). He feels hopefull we will be in the 32 team proposed conference if it happens. The architecture firm Populous is doing the design and a local firm will be used for construction administration, codes, site visits..etc.

Barbecue was GREAT!!!
    We need our students to get into basketball. We have a small core that show up. Let's build onto it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I thought I heard it said or implied that Populous would do design partnered with a local in-state firm for construction admin, local zoning, codes...etc?

But then again that's what I WANTED him to say and could have been wishful thinking.
    My guess is that's who will end up with the project in the end, but under under state law a formal RFP has to go out for services and then decided upon - basically a 30 day period to chose the firm, then another 6 months to finalize design and procure construction documents and then another 30 days to advertise for bid and award bid...

Basically June of 2012 for ACTUAL notice to proceed and construction

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

anytime. It was a good crowd (slightly smaller than when Dykes came to Bossier). I feel great about the direction of our basketball program. You really get the impression Coach White will not accept mediocrity!

There is a ton of excitement around our 3 major athletics teams right now!

and as a side note on the Q4E: In my opinion, since Populous has the go-ahead for design, the south endzone facility will be TOP NOTCH! Trust me, Populous doesnt put their stamp on anything half assed!
    Great!! Football, MBB, WBB. Anything said about WBB?

Just a spark of winning/competent coaches and we can really take off as an athletic program. Still believin'.

I can't remember anything being mentioned about WBB...

It wasn't a wbb crowd - I think the only thing mentioned about wbb was when I mentioned what are we going to do facility wise to make sure Coach White and his program along with the women's program doesn't have to practice at Temple Baptist Church...

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Great!! Football, MBB, WBB. Anything said about WBB?

Just a spark of winning/competent coaches and we can really take off as an athletic program. Still believin'.
    I can't remember anything being mentioned about WBB...

It wasn't a wbb crowd - I think the only thing mentioned about wbb was when I mentioned what are we going to do facility wise to make sure Coach White and his program along with the women's program doesn't have to practice at Temple Baptist Church...
    Mine was just to make sure WBB is included in the "three major athletic teams.":icon_wink: I am very excited about MBB future and in my 4 years as a season ticket holder (around 20 years for WBB) have become a BIG MBB fan. Haven't missed a game in two years and IT IS SOOOOO GOOD TO HAVE A COACH WITH THE COMPETENCE AND ENERGY OF COACH WHITE, kind of like the "Dooley" of MBB in that he can bring energy and focus and a passion for excellence. Plus White'll probably be an even better coach.

White strikes me as the polar opposite of Dooley on a personal basis...

Approachable, genuine and very down to earth -

However he does seem to have a motor that is non-stop and he seems to be VERY hands on in all aspects of his program and much like Dooley the AD he seems to "GET IT" whatever IT is....

White strikes me as the polar opposite of Dooley on a personal basis...

Approachable, genuine and very down to earth -

However he does seem to have a motor that is non-stop and he seems to be VERY hands on in all aspects of his program and much like Dooley the AD he seems to "GET IT" whatever IT is....
    BULLSEYE!! Perfectly said.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Isaiah Massey will be eligible for this basketball season. Coach White is the real deal. He is working very hard to greatly increase student attendance this year. He has two big time recruits committed but can not release info yet. We are renovating the memorial gym for a practice facility. We need 180k.
    I believe BVDV also said that if the Memorial Gym floor project went forward, the floor would be named after Scotty Robertson. Some alumni have approached Bruce about raising money for the Memorial Gym floor project.

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I believe BVDV also said that if the Memorial Gym floor project went forward, the floor would be named after Scotty Robertson. Some alumni have approached Bruce about raising money for the Memorial Gym floor project.
    Correct -

There was a meeting directly following the luncheon to formally get the ball rolling on that front -

Basically it will be the practice facility for the programs -

$150K for a new floor and $30K for goals

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Are there still locker rooms or are they now classrooms?

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Would it be crazy to have the MBB coach as the AD??? Just askin.

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Thanks for the update! You have to love these comments!!!
    TT, you are not so naive that you believe what an AD says in public is what he necessarily says confidentially.

+ Reply to Thread