+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Van De Velde to speak at TAG Luncheon in Bossier City

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Bruce Van De Velde to speak at TAG Luncheon in Bossier City

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
    Would it be crazy to have the MBB coach as the AD??? Just askin.

RD
    Its amazing how we think...I was thinking the same thing as DFM mentioned stuff above.... Papa Smurf would be just as good as we have now, and he has connections to Smurfette
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I took all conference comments today with a grain of salt; especially since his last comments were concerning that there would still be options of adding teams to the current WAC makeup - alluding to the comments coming out of the commish's office today...

UNT and USL have said NO about 100 times now, they ain't changing their minds anytime soon
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Just not sure it matters what the WAC commissioner does or doesn't do until the Big 12 finishes what they are gong to do and then see what is left of the Big East. You noticed when I said the Big East is on suicide watch he didn't agree in public. After the luncheon he wasn't as strong in that belief. I think its basically MWC and CUSA just sitting there and when the Big Boys 12 have done all they can do then they ask " Are you through now - really, is this it? are you really really sure?? Ok lets take roll call and see who is still here. Let's go get a few more teams to fill these holes, there is ole LA Tech, whathisname North Texas something, ....and who knows what else" They are going to pick up the pieces and form something and our guess is about as good as their professional opinion. I think MWC and CUSA being proactive doesn't matter until everyone else is done.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Just not sure it matters what the WAC commissioner does or doesn't do until the Big 12 finishes what they are gong to do and then see what is left of the Big East. You noticed when I said the Big East is on suicide watch he didn't agree in public. After the luncheon he wasn't as strong in that belief. I think its basically MWC and CUSA just sitting there and when the Big Boys 12 have done all they can do then they ask " Are you through now - really, is this it? are you really really sure?? Ok lets take roll call and see who is still here. Let's go get a few more teams to fill these holes, there is ole LA Tech, whathisname North Texas something, ....and who knows what else" They are going to pick up the pieces and form something and our guess is about as good as their professional opinion. I think MWC and CUSA being proactive doesn't matter until everyone else is done.
    AND I think that's a good post, Mr. Linn.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The one thing I agree with Bruce on is that the BE will survive in football...

Come hell or high water, they will survive -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The one thing I agree with Bruce on is that the BE will survive in football...

Come hell or high water, they will survive -
    Haven't you heard about the new 28-32 team deal reported by the Boston Globe? It even mentioned Tech.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

You are exactly right. No one can do much of anything but jockey for position until the decision process gets to their level. That's what happened once the Big 12 indicated WVU was their choice. Now you've got Louisiville rolling our every piece of political artillery they can muster to try to save their hide.

Its also why you better not be saying in public what you are doing in private because you just might tip your hand and queer the deal. Keeping confidences is critical. Its a simple fact when you're putting a significant deal together where you have a competition: The more people you talk to about what you're doing the greater the chance of a damaging leak.

Or to put it another way, if exactly what we're doing ever hits this board, we're all screwed.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    You are exactly right. No one can do much of anything but jockey for position until the decision process gets to their level. That's what happened once the Big 12 indicated WVU was their choice. Now you've got Louisiville rolling our every piece of political artillery they can muster to try to save their hide.

Its also why you better not be saying in public what you are doing in private because you just might tip your hand and queer the deal. Keeping confidences is critical. Its a simple fact when you're putting a significant deal together where you have a competition: The more people you talk to about what you're doing the greater the chance of a damaging leak.

Or to put it another way, if exactly what we're doing ever hits this board, we're all screwed.
    Then I suppose we're screwed because exactly what we're doing has already hit this board. Reneau has not given anyone any direction or authority to do anything so BVDV calls some CUSA AD's and says "we want in, we want in," and tells Reneau that he needs to call the various CUSA presidents. Reneau says he will but whether or not he has really makes no difference because without calling to say that Tech has the money ready to commit to being a strong conference member all Reneau can say to the presidents is what BVDV has said to the AD's - "we want in, we want in."

Meanwhile, Reneau continues to privately gloat over his secret weapon - GEOGRAPHY.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    Bruce said he and DR have have close personal visits, emails, teleconferences...etc with many university presidents, ADs, and conference commissioners (Big East, MWC, CUSA). He feels hopefull we will be in the 32 team proposed conference if it happens. The architecture firm Populous is doing the design and a local firm will be used for construction administration, codes, site visits..etc.

Barbecue was GREAT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Then I suppose we're screwed because exactly what we're doing has already hit this board. Reneau has not given anyone any direction or authority to do anything so BVDV calls some CUSA AD's and says "we want in, we want in," and tells Reneau that he needs to call the various CUSA presidents. Reneau says he will but whether or not he has really makes no difference because without calling to say that Tech has the money ready to commit to being a strong conference member all Reneau can say to the presidents is what BVDV has said to the AD's - "we want in, we want in."

Meanwhile, Reneau continues to privately gloat over his secret weapon - GEOGRAPHY.
    For now I will have to take his word, per the above, on the situation. None of us are actually on the phone, on trips or conference calls with DR and BVD nor can we read their email.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    For now I will have to take his word, per the above, on the situation. None of us are actually on the phone, on trips or conference calls with DR and BVD nor can we read their email.
    Don't be foolish. I've already told you that you must read between the lines of what he must say for public consumption (i.e. what he must say to please his boss).

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

We've all been on every one of the trips our guys have taken to find us a better conference home.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post

How do you know, exactly, what the content of DR's phone conversations is?

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    He doesn't.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    AND I think that's a good post, Mr. Linn.
    Thank you - and I want to thank Limmy Latson from the Shreveport Limes for attending and writing a number of articles this week about Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    You're focused on minutia and missing the obvious. It doesn't matter "exactly" what he said (if he HAS made the calls; they had not been made as of the first of last week); he cannot say what he needs to say, which is that Tech has the money committed to join the conference and is willing to make specific commitments to facility upgrades or other CUSA demands/requirements. And how do we know that he did not say that? Because at the last Foundation Board meeting, in response to a direct question asking specifically what was being done in that regard his response was that he would seek those funds AFTER receiving an invitation.

+ Reply to Thread