+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kim Mulkey critical of Texas A&M

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Kim Mulkey critical of Texas A&M

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't think I spotted any hate toward her in this thread. I just feel sad that she carries around so much that she can't let go of........ My hope for her is that one day she will be able to let some of it go..... It isn't healthy. This isn't about how succesful she is or any dislike toward her, even though some feel that way. I don't cheer for her, but don't cheer against her either. I wish her the success of all former Lady Techsters and coaches. She has certainly shown she can win...... There was never any doubt about that.
    I will concede that many successful people are childish and carry huge grudges. Anyone listen to Michael Jordan's HOF speech? It was like listening to a kid that always got picked last in grade school. But that was what drove him to be great.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    She held a grudge against her father for all her life after her parents divorced when she was young. Never forgave him, even after they were so close when she was a kid.
    Now you have blundered into an area about which you know absolutely nothing about the intimate details. Neither do I, and I would never have ventured there. Her relationslhip with her father is a personal thing. You took a cheap shot, Champion110. And you have the audacity to broach the subject of forgiveness. When it comes to Kim Mulkey, you become the attack dog. She has risen to the top of her profession which happens to be about as competitive as a career can get. And her sucesses and failures are highly measurable in the form of mere wins and losses. Nothing subjective about her results. It appears that you hate her, and you whined and accused me of hating you and attacking you.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Now you have blundered into an area about which you know absolutely nothing about the intimate details. Neither do I, and I would never have ventured there. Her relationslhip with her father is a personal thing. You took a cheap shot, Champion110. And you have the audacity to broach the subject of forgiveness. When it comes to Kim Mulkey, you become the attack dog. She has risen to the top of her profession which happens to be about as competitive as a career can get. And her sucesses and failures are highly measurable in the form of mere wins and losses. Nothing subjective about her results. It appears that you hate her, and you whined and accused me of hating you and attacking you.
    I have no hate for Kim. She was a Techster and lead us to great things as Associate HC. I read her book and it seems that she has never forgiven anyone. That is a miserable place eventually. No one can argue with her results on the court. She, basically, started the Techsters West and did so quickly. Believe me, though, no one goes through life without regret (including myself). It catches up with you. Best learn to accept those things you cannot control and move on. I hold on to no hate in my heart - it is pointless.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I hold grudges. I never forget nor forgive. Not in my nature.....

No, you don't have to read anything into this being posted here. I harbor no more ill-will toward pigtails than I would anyone else....like Bin Laden, Hitler, etc... :icon_wink:

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I hold grudges. I never forget nor forgive. Not in my nature.....

No, you don't have to read anything into this being posted here. I harbor no more ill-will toward pigtails than I would anyone else....like Bin Laden, Hitler, etc... :icon_wink:
    I just don't hold grudges very long.... Doesn't mean I forget - just means that it does damage to oneself to hold on to it. Hey, if it works for you Dawg80, it must have some value.......

I just get personally attacked on this section a lot and, when I defend myself, they make it look like I was doing the attacking. I have to admit that it is somewhat amusing, since I don't know if there is a bigger Techster fan alive than me. Positivity gets you crucified on here, though, and I don't think some know how many fans they have driven away from this section just because they don't want to be attacked.

Oh well...... back to the thread topic, Kim holds a grudge against anyone she gets in her head that did her wrong. That probably won't change. She is as stubborn as Dawg80 is about Hitler, Bin Laden, etc... Was that the thread?

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

She is a strong-willed, driven, competitive, successful coach who has done more with less when she began at Baylor than the current coach of the Techsters has done with more to work with. Fact.

People read into the book what they are looking for. I read it. Doesn't sound like someone holding a grudge to me but I'm not looking for that, so maybe it's there but I just don't read it that way. In fact, those who complain about her holding grudges sound like they are the ones holding the grudge. And for good reason. Tech screwed up. It was one of the most embarrassing moments in Tech sports history. And the program continues to pay the price. Fact.

There are a few on here who speak as if they know Kim. They don't. Fact.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Col. Andy Tanner: All that hate is gonna burn you up kid.

Robert Morris: It keeps me warm.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    She is a strong-willed, driven, competitive, successful coach who has done more with less when she began at Baylor than the current coach of the Techsters has done with more to work with. Fact.

People read into the book what they are looking for. I read it. Doesn't sound like someone holding a grudge to me but I'm not looking for that, so maybe it's there but I just don't read it that way. In fact, those who complain about her holding grudges sound like they are the ones holding the grudge. And for good reason. Tech screwed up. It was one of the most embarrassing moments in Tech sports history. And the program continues to pay the price. Fact.

There are a few on here who speak as if they know Kim. They don't. Fact.

Ditto!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Did you really say that? You might be eating those words before Griners reign is over with. Be careful.

HD
    Even two championships with Griner would probably be one less than pre-freshman year expectations.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Even two championships with Griner would probably be one less than pre-freshman year expectations.
    Even with a "heralded" recruiting class and legend Weatherspoon as the coach, a 14-12 record is abysmal by anyone's expectations. Those who criticize Mulkey and Griner sound like conversations at a junior high lunch table. Envy is ugly. Really, really ugly.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

[QUOTE=fanfromafar;1207271]
    Tech screwed up. It was one of the most embarrassing moments in Tech sports history. And the program continues to pay the price. Fact.
    QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't know which was the biggest screw up - the hiring of Larry Beightol or letting Kim get away. I do know that it pains me to watch the Techsters today, knowing what could have been. I guess maybe that's something I can't let go.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Those who criticize Mulkey and Griner sound like conversations at a junior high lunch table. Envy is ugly. Really, really ugly.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Even if Reality Check was really petty enough to believe that, he should have at least had sense enough not to say it.

HD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I assume Baylor held on and won last night. I changed channels after watching aTm clunk about 5 FTs in a row. Not gonna win big games by missing FTs. Baylor's PG, that Sims girl, is really good. Reminds me of Spoon. A PG that can score and can carry her team when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I assume Baylor held on and won last night. I changed channels after watching aTm clunk about 5 FTs in a row. Not gonna win big games by missing FTs. Baylor's PG, that Sims girl, is really good. Reminds me of Spoon. A PG that can score and can carry her team when it counts.
    You assumed correctly. Baylor is now 30-0 and has now won 30 games twice under KM. Barmore never did that. KM paid attention and learned well. She paid her dues and garnered the proper resume' prior to becoming a head coach. When people attempt to denigrate success similar to KM's they only succeed in diminishing their own statue. How foolish go there.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    You assumed correctly. Baylor is now 30-0 and has now won 30 games twice under KM. Barmore never did that. KM paid attention and learned well. She paid her dues and garnered the proper resume' prior to becoming a head coach. When people attempt to denigrate success similar to KM's they only succeed in diminishing their own statue. How foolish go there.

I agree with your post except the part stating that Barmore never won 30 games. Except for the following years -

Year Wins
    1982 31
    1983 30
    1986 30
    1987 32
    1988 32
    1989 32
    1993 31
    1995 31
    1996 31
    1997 31
    1998 30
    1999 31
    2000 31

The talking heads were also saying that if Baylor wins out, they will win 40 games, something no one else has ever done. If they will look at 1979 they will see that the Lady Techsters won 40 games that year. Granted, Baylor will be undefeated with 40 wins which will be a hell of an accomplishment if they can do it. The best we did was 34-0.

+ Reply to Thread