+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The General rings the bell at The Joe

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: The General rings the bell at The Joe

IMHO, this tradition is developing nicely with no other interruption during the pregame. . . . If you can't hear this bell-ringing, then the Beltone store may be your next clinic to visit.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Need to get the bell in a better position to ring it. Also, need to get a way to broadcast the bell through the stadium speakers.
    IMHO, this tradition is developing nicely with no other modification needed during the pregame. . . . If you can't hear this bell-ringing, then the Beltone store may be your next clinic to visit.

Now, ringing it during other times during the game would be another story.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    He rings it right before the entrance. Here's the problem with your idea. Dawgzilla is AWAY from the action that you can easily see and hear on The Porch, where the bell sets. As the team comes out, Patton goes to the Bell.

DP, I've read this a couple of times, and still don't get it. Admittedly, I'm a little slow, but why can't that be on the 'tron?

Oh, and yeah, that's got to be loud as hell...for Patton especially. Might want to get whoever's ringing The Bell a little longer pull chain.

Regardless, great video, and thanks for posting it.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post

DP, I've read this a couple of times, and still don't get it. Admittedly, I'm a little slow, but why can't that be on the 'tron?

Oh, and yeah, that's got to be loud as hell...for Patton especially. Might want to get whoever's ringing The Bell a little longer pull chain.

Regardless, great video, and thanks for posting it.
    Definitely need a longer pull chain so he can give it a good yank! This is a great tradition!!!!

You're right. Everything should be on the video board. How stupid of me to even get involved in what one thinks should be put on our video board inside the stadium while the action is at the other end. I prefer to look at the real thing instead of a washed out image at 2:57 p.m. in the daylight . . . These discussions always cloud a thread . . . ;-)

By the way, it's not on the " 'tron" cuz we ain't got no Jumbotron. ;-)

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

I wasn't trying to be right. Quit BBB'ing at me.

I understand your opinion now, thanks.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

I really love the way Patton plays - he gives as much effort as anyone and he is best WR on the team. I wish he would hang on the ball a little better in the endzone but he makes up for that with his blocking. He is a solid influence on our younger WR's.

I wasn't trying to be right. Quit BBB'ing at me.

I understand your opinion now, thanks.
    Yeah, my BB&Bing is kinda silly. Go Dogs! Let the winning continue.

okay, here's your reward for being a great BB&Ber!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Is the story about the bell on the Tech athletic website? We need to get it put in the game programs.

Varsity Bulldog TDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the rough TDAWG's Avatar

If you can't hear this bell-ringing, then the Beltone store may be your next clinic to visit.
    Very True - I was at the concession stand with my granddaughter when he rang that bell, and I could hear it loud and clear.
    TDAWG

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO, this tradition is developing nicely with no other interruption during the pregame. . . . If you can't hear this bell-ringing, then the Beltone store may be your next clinic to visit.
    From personal experience, I'd like to second the recommendation of "position" for ringing the bell, AND EAR PROTECTION for the ringer. We don't need a deaf receiver missing calls.Seriously. Crowd noise should also be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    From personal experience, I'd like to second the recommendation of "position" for ringing the bell, AND EAR PROTECTION for the ringer. We don't need a deaf receiver missing calls.Seriously. Crowd noise should also be a threat.
    Or a photographer getting up close with the ringer. . . Oh . . . . I forgot . . . all I have to do is push a button. To hell with the ears.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

no pictures of the wardrobe malfunction ?

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Or a photographer getting up close with the ringer. . . Oh . . . . I forgot . . . all I have to do is push a button. To hell with the ears.
    Don't forget, you also need good equipment. Just push a button with the right equipment and you get a great picture all the time. :icon_wink:

When I was in the Army 40 years ago I bought a great camera and all the lenses that came with it. Spent a whole lot of money that I shouldn't have. It didn't take me long to realize that 1) either I was a bad photographer, or 2) the lab kept messing up my shots. It had to be the lab.

I'm sure with a great digital camera that I could be an excellent photographer because the lab is eliminated. It's all in having the right equipment. :icon_wink:

Seriously, I appreciate your skill. You take some great shots.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

+ Reply to Thread