+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: November 12: Louisiana Tech @ Ole Miss Game Watching Parties

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Football November 12: Louisiana Tech @ Ole Miss Game Watching Parties

What: Louisiana Tech Football @ Ole Miss
    When: November 12 @ 6:30 PM
    Where: Oxford, MS
    TV: Comcast Charter Sports Southeast, Cox Sports, ESPN Gameplan, ESPN3.com, CSN Chicago (Direct TV 665, Dish 429, U-Verse 1741)

If you have a game watching party planned, please give the following information.

Name of Establishment
    Address
    Contact Name & e-mail or phone

Shreveport/Bossier
    Silver Star Smokehouse
    111 Dixie Overland Rd

Bossier City, Louisiana 71111
    Get directions
    (318) 752-3633
    Regular Menu Prices Apply

Ruston
    Dawghouse Sports Grill

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: November 12: Louisiana Tech @ Ole Miss Game Watching Parties

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask. I assume when I purchase my next laptop this will be included, but I want to make sure...

I want to be able to connect my PC to my TV. What do I need to make sure I have included?

You Geeks out there shut up the snickering!:icon_wink:

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Good question considering, no one is throwing a Watching party for the Ole Miss game in West Monroe! I prolly fixing to do the same.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask. I assume when I purchase my next laptop this will be included, but I want to make sure...

I want to be able to connect my PC to my TV. What do I need to make sure I have included?

You Geeks out there shut up the snickering!:icon_wink:
    It depends on the outputs your laptop has and what inputs your tv has.

If it's a newer HDTV, it will have an HDMI input. Just makesure your laptop has an HDMI output.

There are many other ways, but this is by-far the easiest.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

My old laptop had an S-Video connection so I used that. Not sure how to hook up the new computer.

We should have some game watching parties. It's still early (time & TV was just announced). I'm sure Dawghouse in Ruston will have the game and the Buffalo Wild Wings & WOW locations.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

My dell laptop, about 2 years old, I just hook it up via HDMI and it works like a champ. When I go full screen on ESPN 3 it fills the HD TV screen with very good quality video and audio. Sorry San Antonio DAWGS, I will be out of town in the Bahamas for this game.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    My dell laptop, about 2 years old, I just hook it up via HDMI and it works like a champ. When I go full screen on ESPN 3 it fills the HD TV screen with very good quality video and audio. Sorry San Antonio DAWGS, I will be out of town in the Bahamas for this game.
    This is what I have to resort to, since Time Warner's stupid and won't let me use my XBox 360 to stream ESPN3. We're soooooo thinkin' about switching to AT&T U-Verse.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    This is what I have to resort to, since Time Warner's stupid and won't let me use my XBox 360 to stream ESPN3. We're soooooo thinkin' about switching to AT&T U-Verse.
    You have to make sure you are close enough to one of the repeaters to get U-Verse. The bonded pairs technique, which requires conditioned lines, they use won't support U-Verse if you are too far away. My neighbor is an engineer with AT&T and he has the only U-Verse connection in the entire neighborhood. I stream ESPN3 off of my laptop and hook up to my TV via an HDMI cable and it works great with my Time Warner internet.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Any game watching party in the New Orleans area? In the past, there have been one or two between N.O. and Baton Rouge areas. It would be fun to see blue down here. Feel like I'm on an island sometimes. A New Orleans Alumni and fan group should be started, if there is none. If there is one, I don't know one exists. Even a South LA bulldog club of any kind would be helpful to have. How does an official group, such as the one Doc Marvin is in, I think it is the NW tag group? as an example,get started?. GO DAWGS!!!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    Any game watching party in the New Orleans area? In the past, there have been one or two between N.O. and Baton Rouge areas. It would be fun to see blue down here. Feel like I'm on an island sometimes. A New Orleans Alumni and fan group should be started, if there is none. If there is one, I don't know one exists. Even a South LA bulldog club of any kind would be helpful to have. How does an official group, such as the one Doc Marvin is in, I think it is the NW tag group? as an example,get started?. GO DAWGS!!!
    There is no Alumni Organizations outside of Ruston. Nw La TAG is a separate group that actually started right here on BB&B. A couple of us said, "let's see if anyone wants to start a group?" Posted a meeting time and place here. Contacted Ryan Richard (from the Alumni Assoc.) and told him of the meeting and asked for his help. I think about 15 showed up to that first meeting.

But there prob. is some type of unofficial group down there. Contact Ryan and ask, if there is a group ask him how to get involved. The one thing you MUST remember is that YOU must put forth the effort. No one is going to ask you or come to you. As sad as it is that is just they way it's always been done.

If you want more info contact me in a PM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    Did u go to the alumni gathering in NOLA this spring?

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Did u go to the alumni gathering in NOLA this spring?
    Hope there are more in the future. I had to work, so couldn't make it. If anybody knows of a watching party in the N.O. area for the tech- miss. game please post this info.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

DirecTV channel 665 (Comcast Sports Net Chicago HD) now shows our game against Ole Miss. Great news.

Yay!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Since this is on DirecTV, perhaps I can catch this game at a Buffalo Wild Wings... I think they use DirecTV typically. I'm supposed to be cooking for a frickin' pot-luck thing that day that OF COURSE was organized by a bunch of non-football-fans. I may have to get them to just reschedule that, 'cause I wanna see us annihilate Ole Miss.

+ Reply to Thread