+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Byrd FB ranked #62 by Rivals!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Byrd FB ranked #62 by Rivals!

According to the times, Carencro had a 28 play; almost 15 minute drive - that resulted in a FG. WOW

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    All 3 shreveport schools fall in semis
    I was hoping for a Byrd - W.M. rematch. Carencro looks to be pretty solid team!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    I was hoping for a Byrd - W.M. rematch.
    I was too, but not so much for WM to prove anything. I enjoyed watching Byrd/WM in the opener. Great team, coaches, and fans. I was pulling for them to make it to the dome even if WM didn't make it.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    According to the times, Carencro had a 28 play; almost 15 minute drive - that resulted in a FG. WOW
    Yep, 26 plays, 76 yds, 14:52 off the clock. Indest's play calling totally changed in the second half. They ran for chunks at will to the outside all first half then chose to run straight at Byrd in the second half until Byrd pulled to within 7 then he went back to the edges. The story down here was that the was trying to keep the ball out of Carthon's hands.

Really two plays killed Byrd. A fumble on their first possesion (IIRC) led to crows second score then the biggest bone headed roughing the punter penalty I have ever seen. There was no doubt about the penalty, but all I could do was look at Dirtydawg and ask did he really just do that. It took the wind out of everyone's sail.

I will make a prediction here. If WM can't force Carencro to throw the ball they wont have a chance. Carencro's qb has a strong arm but his accuracy is terrible.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

To be clearer on the boneheaded roughing penalty. Byrd had Carencro at 4th and like 25 and only down by 7. After the penalty it was 1st down for Carencro and on the edge of the redzone. Totally took the wind out of the guys. The last score by Carencro came with about 7 seconds left for the final margin. I predict Carencro is on an uphill swing and will see the same success they had in the early and mid 90s. They have some serious speed and beef on that team 2 and 3 levels deep.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

3 Ouachita teams in the dome proves that football is better in North La than anywhere else.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    3 Ouachita teams in the dome proves that football is better in North La than anywhere else.
    Come on man!! You are so far off base with this comment a one armed catcher could pick you off at first.

To start with your sample size is too small. One year doesn't prove anything.

Since 2002 N La has placed 28 finalists vs S LA 72. This includes this years teams.

Since 2002 N LA has won 14 championships vs S LA 31.

It's not even close

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Come on man!! You are so far off base with this comment a one armed catcher could pick you off at first.

To start with your sample size is too small. One year doesn't prove anything.
    Actually your sample size it too large. How much of LHSAA is south of I-10? 75% or more?

I loved the one armed catcher quote! Can't believe I had never seen it...

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Actually your sample size it too large. How much of LHSAA is south of I-10? 75% or more?

I just kinda came up with that one myself

That is a good one. I'll store it away for later. One of my coaching buddies was complaining about his SS's play during all stars. He said, "He was missing grounders that a one armed man in a wheel chair could have fielded and thrown to 1st."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I can't believe he didn't drop Byrd from Rankings.
    John Curtis #38, Neville #74, Carencro #84, Byrd #87, West Monroe #94,

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

I would imagine 75% is probably right. N Louisiana has about about 1.2 million people (Rapides Parish and above). Louisiana is about 4.5 MM people.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

It's amazing the creativity you discover when you haven't been drinking yet.

+ Reply to Thread