+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our Great Senator Vitter

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Eek Our Great Senator Vitter

https://www.facebook.com/DavidVitter...50375611577964

"I’ll be on the Senate floor around 4 p.m. CT with my colleague Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) for a friendly debate about the LSU vs. Bama game. You can watch on C-SPAN."

Never went to LSU. I voted for him despite his "indiscretions;" I can't vote for him again after this. What an insult to the legislative process... there is absolutely nothing more important than this football game? What an idiot.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Our Great Senator Vitter

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/DavidVitter...50375611577964

"I’ll be on the Senate floor around 4 p.m. CT with my colleague Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) for a friendly debate about the LSU vs. Bama game. You can watch on C-SPAN."

Never went to LSU. I voted for him despite his "indiscretions;" I can't vote for him again after this. What an insult to the legislative process... there is absolutely nothing more important than this football game? What an idiot.
    I'm conflicted on this. Our Founding Fathers properly never imagined that Senators would be debating the merits of two sports teams on the floor of the Senate. This LSU-Alabama debate is taking place on the floor of the United States Senate, not a neighborhood sports bar.

On the other hand, after seeing some of the legislation on the floor of the Senate the past few years, I think I'd rather seeing U.S. Senators talking about a college football game than Majority Leader Harry Reid pushing through some poorly-written legislation that screws the American people.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I'm conflicted on this. Our Founding Fathers properly never imagined that Senators would be debating the merits of two sports teams on the floor of the Senate. This LSU-Alabama debate is taking place on the floor of the United States Senate, not a neighborhood sports bar.

On the other hand, after seeing some of the legislation on the floor of the Senate the past few years, I think I'd rather seeing U.S. Senators talking about a college football game than Majority Leader Harry Reid pushing through some poorly-written legislation that screws the American people.
    Point well made.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Besides, what's the point of a debate prior to the game? I think LSU will win. Other guy: No! I think Bama will win!

How 'bout both you idiots just watch the game and see who wins?

But, it's worse than this. The lunacy connected to this game, especially in certain parts of the state, is reaching new lows!

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

“Each day, we will hold ourselves accountable by asking the following questions: Are our efforts addressing job creation and the economy; are they cutting spending; and are they shrinking the size of the federal government while protecting and expanding individual liberty?” --Eric Cantor at the beginning of his term

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    “Each day, we will hold ourselves accountable by asking the following questions: Are our efforts addressing job creation and the economy; are they cutting spending; and are they shrinking the size of the federal government while protecting and expanding individual liberty?” --Eric Cantor at the beginning of his term
    Attachment 7975

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Since Vitter and Sessions aren't doing anything during their little debate to destroy individual liberty, they could be considered to be protecting individual liberty...though that's still a stretch.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Since Vitter and Sessions aren't doing anything during their little debate to destroy individual liberty, they could be considered to be protecting individual liberty...though that's still a stretch.
    Their debating the unwilling subjugation of one group over another.

(I could probably say that better.)

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Frankly the senate floor is meaningless atm with the current situation of the House and POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Their debating the unwilling subjugation of one group over another.

(I could probably say that better.)
    In my eyes, they're debating about two teams who will compete to become the best in their chosen profession. The game is an example of a meritocracy at work in which the organization with the best talent and strategy will ultimately become the best at what they do. LSU-Alabama is a celebration of what our country stands for: hard work, determination, competition, excellence. They remind us that even in a time of economic hardship and a deficit in leadership, Americans can look at these two teams and witness what true greatness looks like. Not only is the LSU-Alabama game this Saturday the most important college football game this year, it may very well be our generation's version of the 1980 "Miracle on Ice".

[/sarcasm off]

+ Reply to Thread