+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Houston Dawgs

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Warning Question for Houston Dawgs

I am going to be in Houston for work for approximately 2 months.
    I will be working at an office on North Loop West. I am looking at a couple of extended stay hotels and wanted to get an idea which would be best traffic-wise & safety-wise.

One hotel is by the Galleria. The other is Houston - Northwest (Hollister St).

Any info would help. Thanks.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Question for Houston Dawgs

Bump

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

wish i could help you, but i'm not too familiar with the area (i'm on the opposite corner of h-town). the galleria hotel is probably pretty safe, but traffic can be pretty bad in that area. i know nothing about hollister.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I live in the Heights and work just north of the Galleria. If you are working off 610-N, you can actually make the ride every morning and evening without getting on the freeway, which will help a lot with the traffic. If you do get on the freeway, it would only be 10-15 minutes most days, depending on wrecks or other craziness, You would then have lots of 'stuff' available after work hours. If you stay on Hollister you will be on an island after dark. There are a few chain resturants close by, but nothing you would want to hang out in (and I don't even know your taste). At or near the Galleria you have choices!!!!! Tons of them. It is also very safe, which I can't say the same for the 290 area (which is where Hollister is). Believe me, you will be much happier in the Galleria area even if you do have to endure a little traffic jam or two. The cars are headed that way for a reason! :icon_wink:

Let us know when you get settled and we can meet for a beer one evening. I can tell you about Houston or even Tech in the old days!!!

Good luck!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

...more hookers off Hollister!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

I live a about a mile west of the Galleria, and I think you would be much happy staying around there than off of 290. The traffic can get pretty bad on 610 west, but it is also pretty bad on 290, probably about a wash on drive times. Let me know when you head down and I can give you some suggestions for places to go for food and fun.

If you are driving from Shreveport to Houston, going on highway 315 from Carthage to Mt. Enterprise will save you about 20 minutes on the trip from Shreveport to Houston.

Thanks

Where are we watching the Bowl game? Anybody going to Lady Techsters game next week @ UH?

+ Reply to Thread