+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuckie Keeton Injury

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Chuckie Keeton Injury

He had to be carted off in the Hawaii game, and was hospitalized. He has movement in all extremities, and the diagnosis is a spinal cord stinger and sprained back [source].

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Chuckie Keeton Injury

I wish the best for him. He was quite a competitor against us and others, and he is a true freshman like our Nick.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    He had to be carted off in the Hawaii game, and was hospitalized. He has movement in all extremities, and the diagnosis is a spinal cord stinger and sprained back [source].
    It was USU's backup, Adam Kennedy, who threw two touchdown passes to lead them to the victory over Hawaii. The Aggies kept their composure after the injury to Keeton and completed the comeback. Stingers are scary thing, especially when you've never had one.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    It was USU's backup, Adam Kennedy, who threw two touchdown passes to lead them to the victory over Hawaii. The Aggies kept their composure after the injury to Keeton and completed the comeback. Stingers are scary thing, especially when you've never had one.
    I hope Keeton is okay and will be back on the field soon. Way to go Aggies. We all need to send Hawaii, Fresno, and Nevada out with a loss!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that the injury wasn't as bad as it might have been. It certainly didn't look good when it happened.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Wow. First time I saw that. His neck was severely deflected. Could have been avoided had he kept his head up. Hope he makes a 100% recovery!!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I don't think he had a choice of ducking or not. He seems to be going down already because of something with his ankle and then the Hawaii player just pushes him over.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Look around the 50 second mark. Number 1 for Hawaii is yelling to "get his ass off the field".

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Look around the 50 second mark. Number 1 for Hawaii is yelling to "get his ass off the field".
    Shouldn't expect anything less from that team. The only real enduring part of June Jones' legacy.

Keeton is out of the hospital, and is moving and walking.

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110611aaa.html

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I am not making light of this, or any other injury scene we see in football games. And, glad to learn that Keeton appears to be okay now. But....

I don't remember seeing, ever, in college or pro football such things as players being carted off like you see these days. Yeah, a few, but it was extremely rare. Today, you see this just about every game. Now, you might say the trainers/medical staffs are better prepared, etc... and no doubt that is true. But, what I'm really referring to are the players themselves. "back in the day" a player in Keeton's situation would have done everything he could to get himself off the field, or might have accepted a little help from teammates. And then been attended once he reached the bench.

Some of you might be able to address this question: are players instructed not to move if they even think they might be hurt? I don't know. Just asking.

I know I have compressed discs at the base of my neck that a doctor, after an MRI and other tests, told me is consistent with some type of collision trauma. I told him I played football and he said, that a helmet to helmet collision, or some such as that, probably caused the injury. I haven't experience anything else, a car wreck, that might have caused it.

Anyway, it's not that we didn't get our "bells rung," we did. But it was a laughing matter and your teammates would tease the hell out of ya, so we were careful not to reveal it, if at all possible.

Of course, I realize that America, and its games, have changed.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

What do you want? Keeton to "will" his arms and legs to work so he can crawl off?

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I am not making light of this, or any other injury scene we see in football games. And, glad to learn that Keeton appears to be okay now. But....

I don't remember seeing, ever, in college or pro football such things as players being carted off like you see these days. Yeah, a few, but it was extremely rare. Today, you see this just about every game. Now, you might say the trainers/medical staffs are better prepared, etc... and no doubt that is true. But, what I'm really referring to are the players themselves. "back in the day" a player in Keeton's situation would have done everything he could to get himself off the field, or might have accepted a little help from teammates. And then been attended once he reached the bench.

Some of you might be able to address this question: are players instructed not to move if they even think they might be hurt? I don't know. Just asking.

I know I have compressed discs at the base of my neck that a doctor, after an MRI and other tests, told me is consistent with some type of collision trauma. I told him I played football and he said, that a helmet to helmet collision, or some such as that, probably caused the injury. I haven't experience anything else, a car wreck, that might have caused it.

Anyway, it's not that we didn't get our "bells rung," we did. But it was a laughing matter and your teammates would tease the hell out of ya, so we were careful not to reveal it, if at all possible.

Of course, I realize that America, and its games, have changed.
    80, you're way off. This is totally different. We're not talking about just getting your bell rung. We're talking about a player who can't feel their arms and legs. I can't imagine the thoughts running through a players head when this happens.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread