+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Season 2011-2012

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Duck Season 2011-2012

How did Gunner do?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Two limits of teal and 1 Ross" goose in just under 5 minutes this am. Already back in Shreveport from Bradley, Ark and about to get a nap. Thousands and thousands of birds. Awesome morning!

3 more limits this morning. Teal/Greys/Mallards and two shovels. Worked a few geese but they didn't finish. Hell of an opening weekend!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

catching it when charlie is outta town, you aint right man

Charlie and his dad limited on trout and reds out of Golden Meadow on Sat and they caught 81 trout and 14 more reds Sunday AM. I think that should ease his pain a bit! We still don't have a whole lot of water but all the pumps were running when I left on Sunday. Might be good again by Thursday.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

yeah, imagine his feelings are "duck, smuck" I'd rather have the trout and reds.

took brendan and the pup back down to darbonne creek this morning. Still trying to get that first kill and retrieve, wasnt much happening this morning. Last saturday we had a few more birds than this morning which still wasnt much. Creeks seem to do better later on though.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

opening day report:

My brother in law and I shot....76 in the two man "Tough Day" scramble at East Ridge.

I guess you have to improvise when things don't go as planned.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

first hunt of the year this morning. 36 in pit blind off HWY 15. mostly teal with about 4-5 gray ducks and a widgeon. I'm hoping central LA got some nice rain to fill up my regular hole.

My dad's in a pit off of 15 in Richland Plantation.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

So far the new spot I,m in on off the red has been VERY slow
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We have a poster or two who hunts La Delta Plantation. I don't remember who it was. I heard they were not going to pump up their fields this year. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We have a poster or two who hunts La Delta Plantation. I don't remember who it was. I heard they were not going to pump up their fields this year. Is that true?
    I hunt at La Delta and have hunted there for the past 20 or so years. For those that want to pay for the diesel AND have access to pumps/water source, can try and pump their fields. A few have done so. Our two fields, unfortunately, cannot be pumped.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    I hunt at La Delta and have hunted there for the past 20 or so years. For those that want to pay for the diesel AND have access to pumps/water source, can try and pump their fields. A few have done so. Our two fields, unfortunately, cannot be pumped.
    Do you hunt Catahoula lake too? Will it be better than usual w/the lack of water on the farm?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Do you hunt Catahoula lake too? Will it be better than usual w/the lack of water on the farm?
    No I don't hunt catahoula. But, in my experience, water in both places (LADP and Catahoula) is optimal long term (for the season) as many ducks fly back and forth between the two locations to feed and rest.

A friend who did pump his field at LA invited us to hunt tomorrow, so we'll see how it is.

12 ducks and 2 specklebelly geese this Am in SW Ark. Great morning.

+ Reply to Thread