+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duck Season 2011-2012

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: Duck Season 2011-2012

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    12 ducks and 2 specklebelly geese this Am in SW Ark. Great morning.
    Today was a duck hunters dream kind of day. How'd ya do?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Today was a duck hunters dream kind of day. How'd ya do?
    Cloudy with rain? No thanks. I'll take sunny, cool, with ab a 10-15 mph wind.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Had to work:bigcry: Missed the game and the hunt.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Limits again this AM. Teal/Mallard/Pintail/4 Shovels. Great morning and a heck of a way to end the 1st split. Go-Zillions of geese coming in.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Still no ducks at our place in SE Ark. Verrrrry slow 1st split. We'll get em in a couple of weeks though.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

i hunted thanksgiving day at delta plantation...4 of us got 8 ducks. at least, they were primarily mallards/pintail.

hunted Friday after Thanksgiving on Woodlands Plantation on Hwy 15 and killed 30 (5 of us). mixed bag of teal, mallards, pintails, gadwall. my buddies on hwy 15 worked em over good the first split.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Except for a report from here or there, most of the reports I've gotten from north Louisiana and south Arkansas have not been good at all this season.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Except for a report from here or there, most of the reports I've gotten from north Louisiana and south Arkansas have not been good at all this season.
    That would be an understatement. It has been terrible.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Yes, I understated it to keep myself from feeling so stupid for paying into a lease.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Yes, I understated it to keep myself from feeling so stupid for paying into a lease.
    I dropped out of a lease this year, was really regretting it going into the season though. we had one pretty good year then the next two years SUCKED. for my friends sake I hope they whack and stack'um this year but sounds like it might be like the last two. I think our prob was that the first year our fields had corn in them and the next two they had soybeans. Corn just seems to last a lot longer when flooded as a food source.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    You must be one of my blind partners and didn't tell me ur BBB screename.

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    You must be one of my blind partners and didn't tell me ur BBB screename.
    Years ago we were talking duck hunting before Sunday School class began. One of our guys was talking about "our blind buddies." One lady was very impressed with us... that we were taking time to help out blind people.
    Good old Memorial Gym

1st split was spectacular. 2nd split had a good rain that spread the ducks, which are "old ducks" vs "new ducks", out over a broader area. This also coincided with a full moon with clear nights. Never a good combo. I have high hopes for the latter part of the season. Plus the teal have moved on and teal are DUMB! They make any nimrod think he can call em in. Now hitting a teal is a different thing altogether.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up on duck hunting about 6 years ago. We lost our dog when he decided to chase tail and caught a fender. I cried, I don't mind saying. I have been only a handful of times since then and only because my bro in law begged me to tag along. Anyway, we said back 6-7 years ago that a 1-2 season moratorium on all migratory bird hunting and outlawing aerated rest ponds up north would do wonders for the numbers of ducks and their migration south. Has the hunting been bad enough the past few years that you would agree or disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I gave up on duck hunting about 6 years ago. We lost our dog when he decided to chase tail and caught a fender. I cried, I don't mind saying. I have been only a handful of times since then and only because my bro in law begged me to tag along. Anyway, we said back 6-7 years ago that a 1-2 season moratorium on all migratory bird hunting and outlawing aerated rest ponds up north would do wonders for the numbers of ducks and their migration south. Has the hunting been bad enough the past few years that you would agree or disagree?

Absolutely, 100% disagree. Although we have had a very slow season so far, last year was unbelievable. Duck numbers are very healthy. The difference between this year and last year at this time is snow cover to our north (imo). Just saw a snow cover map on Weather Channel this morning that compared this year and last. It was crazy. On another note, don't buy into the "heated ponds/aerated ponds up north" story. I've hunted "up north" many, many times and have yet to see one of these. Running an Ice Eater in a pond does not slow the migration.

+ Reply to Thread