+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're not peaking.... yet!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: We're not peaking.... yet!

I think rather than blaming the coaching staff for slow starts, you should praise them for finding what it takes to keep the team motivated even with the slow starts. Last year the headcoach and the offensive coordinator were new and they found a way to turn the team into winners by the end of the year.

This year the cupboard was bare, so they brought in a bunch of JUCO's and a group of freshmen who have contributed to the team this year. They didn't have to start over, but they did have to coach a lot of new players, when ideally they would already have had guys ready to take over for the graduates. They played two top twenty teams and an SEC team and almost won all three. Yes, we could say that some coaching calls in each game cost Tech a victory, and the Dawgs were awful against Hawaii, but my thought is that without good coaching Tech wouldn't have been in any of those games.

I don't expect anyone to change their opinion based on what I say, but I just needed to get my opinion out there.

Varsity Bulldog rlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of lightrlmiddle is a glorious beacon of light

I have watched most of the Hawaii games on TV, and they played there best game of the year against us. Their receivers made catches that they did not make in their other games. I think if they had played the way they played in their other games, that we would have had a good chance of winning against Hawaii.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Besides the WACked officiating crew we just got out-coached and out-played by Hawaii. Plain and simple.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The pick six and the fumbled kickoff for a td in the span of 20 seconds didn't really help either.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    The pick six and the fumbled kickoff for a td in the span of 20 seconds didn't really help either.
    Those two plays.....and the biased refs killed us!!!

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by rlmiddle View Post
    I have watched most of the Hawaii games on TV, and they played there best game of the year against us. Their receivers made catches that they did not make in their other games. I think if they had played the way they played in their other games, that we would have had a good chance of winning against Hawaii.
    most teams have one game a year that, for whatever reason, they just don't show up. hawaii was our game for that to happen.

Puppy USMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I'm with you boxer.
    This team is nowhere near peeking.
    This team is just starting to gel.
    I win this week will really help mold this team for the rest of the season. A win this week will not only relieve some pressure on the team to get to bowl eligable, it will make them all realize that they aren't playing to get to a bowl. They are playing to WIN THE WAC!

We won't "peak" this year. (And I hope we don't peak until we have won 12 games in a row for MANY years!)
    We may not win every game we have left this year, but I bet we don't lose any games like we did the first part of the season!

Which will be worse? pressure to become bowl eligibale, or pressure to win the WAC?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Brad75 View Post
    Which will be worse? pressure to become bowl eligibale, or pressure to win the WAC?
    If you're a competitor, they're not pressure, they're opportunities.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Brad75 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post

In that same light, I believe the question is which will be better?

Well, MadDawg used his credentials as a rocket scientist to confer a doctorate of grillology upon me so that makes me qualified to answer the obvious - The opportunity to win the WAC is better because if we do that outright we are automatically bowl eligible.

Next question?

Puppy USMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her gameUSMC_Brad75 is on top of his/her game

The opportunity to win the WAC is better because if we do that outright we are automatically bowl eligible.

Next question?[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

This team is young and did not have huge expectations going into this year. They aren't feeling pressure. Right now they are letting it all hang out. (twss) They are having fun and going for it.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    This team is young and did not have huge expectations going into this year. They aren't feeling pressure. Right now they are letting it all hang out. (twss) They are having fun and going for it.
    I agree! Remember at the beginning of the year Dykes said that next year would be exciting....I think we're starting to see the tip of the iceburg. These guys are coming together at the right time.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Need to WIN this ballgame this WEEK!!!!! I'm not sure "WHICH" Ole Miss team will show up. Remember, they put it to Arkansas for a while. This is a BIG one!!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    i agree! Remember at the beginning of the year dykes said that next year would be exciting....i think we're starting to see the tip of the iceburg. These guys are coming together at the right time.
    Believe! JFW !!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    No truer words ever spoken. You have to relish the opportunities to compete and get comfortable with being uncomfortable!

+ Reply to Thread