+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Thoughts On Joe Pa

Puppy mysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the roughmysterydawg is a jewel in the rough

Angry My Thoughts On Joe Pa

As a survivor of child molestation, I know the pain and scorn these kids are feeling. Fortunately through counseling and therapy I was just recently able to come to grips with what happened to me nearly 40 years ago. As for Joe Pa or anyone that did not go directly to a law enforcement agency to report this horiffic crime when it happened do not deserve to continue in any field of prestige and honor. This is just my personal feelings. As a "Molder of Men" Joe Pa should have at least followed up with law enforcement after no action was taken by upper administration of Penn State University. As a human being compassion for a child's suffering should make this a natural reaction not a long drawn out decision. And to allow this scum of a former coach to continue access to campus facilities up untill just a couple of days before he was arrested is simply incredulous. What would happen here in the piney woods of North Louisiana.? Just stop and think what would you have done. Especially after two situations were brought to your attention???? It simply makes me sick to my stomach to know such and "Honored and Cherished" coach did nothing to stop this predator and allowed him continual access. I hope Joe Pa can sleep at night. I pray he dosent have the nightmares I have suffered with. Some of yall here know who I am and what I do for a living. If any of you want to discuss this further please message me here or ya know how to reach me.
    Bill S.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Re: My Thoughts On Joe Pa

Quote Originally Posted by mysterydawg View Post
    As a survivor of child molestation, I know the pain and scorn these kids are feeling. Fortunately through counseling and therapy I was just recently able to come to grips with what happened to me nearly 40 years ago. As for Joe Pa or anyone that did not go directly to a law enforcement agency to report this horiffic crime when it happened do not deserve to continue in any field of prestige and honor. This is just my personal feelings. As a "Molder of Men" Joe Pa should have at least followed up with law enforcement after no action was taken by upper administration of Penn State University. As a human being compassion for a child's suffering should make this a natural reaction not a long drawn out decision. And to allow this scum of a former coach to continue access to campus facilities up untill just a couple of days before he was arrested is simply incredulous. What would happen here in the piney woods of North Louisiana.? Just stop and think what would you have done. Especially after two situations were brought to your attention???? It simply makes me sick to my stomach to know such and "Honored and Cherished" coach did nothing to stop this predator and allowed him continual access. I hope Joe Pa can sleep at night. I pray he dosent have the nightmares I have suffered with. Some of yall here know who I am and what I do for a living. If any of you want to discuss this further please message me here or ya know how to reach me.
    Bill S.

I don't know you Mysterydawg & have never myself nor any members of my family ever sufferred this kind of abuse. But you are to be congratulated for dealing with what happened to you and speaking out so that others' are made aware of the effect that this kind of abuse has had on you. The more children & adults that you can reach & hopefully educate will only better help to prevent this type of activity or get it reported faster. There are some really sick people out there. Please keep up the great work & Go Dawgs!

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

This is such a sad story - especially for the kids involved. God speed

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    This is such a sad story - especially for the kids involved. God speed

That's what sucks is that the story is only about Sandusky & JO POo. It needs to be told about the lives of the victims.

Bulldog DAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around hereDAWG TIME has turned a few heads around here

I hate for it to end this way, but actions have consequences!

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    That's what sucks is that the story is only about Sandusky & JO POo. It needs to be told about the lives of the victims.
    if you tell this story about the victims they will have a circus of press around them. if they choose to come forth, fine, but many of these young people do not want to spend the rest of their lives with this being the way they are always identified.

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    if you tell this story about the victims they will have a circus of press around them. if they choose to come forth, fine, but many of these young people do not want to spend the rest of their lives with this being the way they are always identified.

Point taken. Thanks!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

The Board of Trustees should have announced their collective resignations last night considering their inconsistent and improper handling of the situation. All they did by firing Paterno in the manner that they chose was to set off the rioting that occurred overnight in State College. This reeks of the vendetta to get rid of Paterno that failed originally in 2004 but finally succeeded last night.

Why do I think this way...consider this.....

The GA who witnessed the shower incident reported it to his supervisor.
    That supervisor (Paterno) reported it to his supervisor who in turn eventually perjured himself.

One of those two men will be coaching for Penn State on Saturday. IMO the wrong one will be. Either both or neither should be continue to be employed by Penn State. Retirement for Paterno at the end of the season was adequate. But the BoT faction that wanted him out in 2004 wasn't about to let that happen.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    The Board of Trustees should have announced their collective resignations last night considering their inconsistent and improper handling of the situation. All they did by firing Paterno in the manner that they chose was to set off the rioting that occurred overnight in State College. This reeks of the vendetta to get rid of Paterno that failed originally in 2004 but finally succeeded last night.

That supervisor (Paterno) reported it to his supervisor who in turn eventually perjured himself.

One of those two men will be coaching for Penn State on Saturday. IMO the wrong one will be. Either both or neither should be continue to be employed by Penn State. Retirement for Paterno at the end of the season was adequate. But the BoT faction that wanted him out in 2004 wasn't about to let that happen.
    ?????

Penn State has no leadership at any level and their students are idiots. Why they even get to play football on Saturday is beyond me.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The firing of Paterno made the students riot? When did you start thinking like a liberal? People have to be held accountable for their actions and that includes Paterno and the students. Firing Paterno was the right thing to do. The students rioted becuse they're idiots.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote RC, "Retirement for Paterno at the end of the season was adequate."

As a retired senior officer of billion dollar corporations I can tell you that any supervisor faced with this situation: who failed to ask the follow up questions that Paterno obviously did not ask or if he did, worse, and ignored; who failed to document in writing the report and whose only action was to report a situation for which he had no knowledge, based on his lack of questioning; and, who allowed that individual a continuing relationship with the organization, would have been fired any company for whom I worked. This event, of which there was evidence in the early 90's, has cost numerous children dearly, will cost PSU untold millions and will affect all of college football in ways that only those of us who lived through the years of sexual harrasment crack-down in the corporate world, brought about by people like Paterno who turned a blind eye, can imagine. Paterno has done us all, starting with children, a disservice. He deserves far worse than a firing.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's a very, very strange post from a guy who is usually pretty sharp.

You might want to re-evaluate your position on this, RC. I really don't think this is about the BoT finally being able to force Joe Pa out after they were unsuccessful in 2004.

I know what you are saying. I just believe you are dead wrong this time.

HD

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's a very, very strange post from a guy who is usually pretty sharp.

You might want to re-evaluate your position on this, RC. I really don't think this is about the BoT finally being able to force Joe Pa out after they were unsuccessful in 2004.

I know what you are saying. I just believe you are dead wrong this time.

HD
    I do not believe I am wrong on this until it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Paterno failed to follow all of his LEGAL obligations in this matter. If he didn't, then he got what he deserved and likely deserves more. Based on the facts currently in evidence, HE DID but that is subject to change when more facts come out.

My point on the Board of Trustees is that many members wanted Paterno gone in 2004. Paterno was almost forced into retirement by the Board in 2004 as this New York Daily News excerpt confirms...

"The New York Times reported Tuesday that Paterno’s tenure would soon be over, perhaps within days or weeks, at about the time the press conference was canceled. The Times reported that the board had not determined how to manage Paterno’s departure but said it was clear he would not coach next season. The board tried unsuccessfully to force Paterno into retirement in 2004 as well. Later Tuesday evening, Scott Paterno tweeted that the Times’ report was premature."

Interesting to note that 14 of the 27 current voting BoT members were also on the Board in 2004. If Penn State wants to really clean house, it should start there. That was my point in calling for their collective resignations.

My biggest point in all of this is that the national media along with many on this board have been exceedingly fast and harsh regarding what Paterno did and did not do. Many have called for jail time for Paterno because of his perceived failure to comply with a moral obligation. You go to jail for breaking laws, not for violating moral obligations unless those moral obligations are also legal obligations.

And for those who think otherwise, better take a look around at every immoral law on the books. Case in point....abortion. I don't believe it is a coincidence that we have seen an alarming increase in child abuse cases since it became legal to murder unborn children almost indiscriminately.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 11-10-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mysterydawg View Post
    Fortunately through counseling and therapy I was just recently able to come to grips with what happened to me nearly 40 years ago.
    And the fact that you suffered through this for 40 years shows just how far reaching such acts can be....enough to ruin most of a lifetime.

Because of that, this is a crime worse than most. I have heard of people still attempting to come to grips with this kind of thing even 50 years later. That's a heavy burden to carry for a very long time.

I know if I could do ANYTHING to stop that kind of suffering (and not just satisfy my LEGAL responsibility), I couldn't live with myself if I did not follow through.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I do not believe I am wrong on this until it is proven beyomnd a shadow of a doubt that Paterno failed to follow all of his LEGAL obligations in this matter. If he didn't, then he got what he deserved and likely deserves more. Based on the facts currently in evidence, HE DID but that is subject to change when more facts come out.

My point on the Board of Trustees is that many members wanted Paterno gone in 2004. Paterno was almost forced into retirement by the Board in 2004 as this New York Daily News excerpt confirms...

"The New York Times reported Tuesday that Paterno’s tenure would soon be over, perhaps within days or weeks, at about the time the press conference was canceled. The Times reported that the board had not determined how to manage Paterno’s departure but said it was clear he would not coach next season. The board tried unsuccessfully to force Paterno into retirement in 2004 as well. Later Tuesday evening, Scott Paterno tweeted that the Times’ report was premature."

Interesting to note that 14 of the 27 current voting BoT members were also on the Board in 2004. If Penn State wants to really clean house, it should start there. That was my point in calling for their collective resignations.

My biggest point in all of this is that the national media along with many on this board have been exceedingly fast and harsh regarding what Paterno did and did not do. Many have called for jail time for Paterno because of his perceived failure to comply with a moral obligation. You go to jail for breaking laws, not for violating moral obligations unless those moral obligations are also legal obligations.

And for those who think otherwise, better take a look around at every immoral law on the books. Case in point....abortion. I don't believe it is a coincidence that we have seen an alarming increase in child abuse cases since it became legal to murder unborn children almost indiscriminately.
    What he did and did not do is available to the public via the Grand Jury. Joe Pa testified that he was aware that sexual activities took place in the shower with Sandusky and a 10 year old boy. He reported this to his superiors and basically did nothing more. He does not deserve to be the leader of young men. He has no moral compass. I totally agree with you that there are inconsistencies between McQueary and Paterno. It shouldn't be that either both of them should be coaching or neither of them should be coaching. Neither of them should be coaching. Period.

This article is opinion and not fact but it pretty much sums it up: http://espn.go.com/new-york/ncf/stor...thy-losing-job If you are looking for fact read the Grand Jury report.

+ Reply to Thread