+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: W. Basketball. Techsters Host Missouri State Friday at TAC

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Host Missouri State Friday at TAC

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    You people are ridiculous. You're supposed to figure out what group to have on the floor and to find your chemistry BEFORE the season starts. Those elements may evolve during the season or mature during the season, but they are supposed to be in place BEFORE the season. It's a good thing I have little interest in women's sports or I would really tell you how the cow ate the cabbage!
    LFR you are one tough dude. I can tell why you were a great linebacker, your intensity never stops.

You remind me of Dick Butkus. I was in a crowded restaurant in New Orleans many years ago, when Dick and his wife came in. There were no empty tables and I was by myself so I offered them a seat at mine. After they ordered the waitress came back toward our table carrying a sandwich, and Dick thought it was his. He watched her with the same intensity that your avatar has, probably the same way he looked at Bradshaw when he was a young qb for Pittsburgh. When the waitress walked past our table, I thought he was going to tackle her, but obviously he didn't. Forgive me for my trip down memory lane, but I meant it as a compliment to you.

From my perspective, one game does not a season make, and a lot of the kids are new to the team. I hate that the Techsters lost, but let's give Tspoon and our talented newcomers a little time before we throw in the towel.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...mid-major-poll

ESPN.com's preseason "mid-major" poll
    1. Gonzaga
    2. Temple
    3. Dayton
    4. Green Bay
    5. Florida Gulf Coast
    6. Duquesne
    7. Marist
    8. Oral Roberts
    10. Princeton
    11. St. Joseph's
    12. Missouri State
    13. Chattanooga
    14. Delaware
    15. TCU

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Missouri State Downs Techsters In Season Opener

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Christiana Shorter scored 20 points to lead four Missouri State players in double figures as the Lady Bears defeated Louisiana Tech 78-65 Friday night before 1,788 fans at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Generally speaking, I find your posts to be spot-on. While I agree with your statements about these things being in place BEFORE the season starts, I also think it is too early to write-off the Techsters. I, for one, do not think Spoon has proven herself yet as a COACH. She has absolutely proven herself as a motivator and a legendary player of the game, but that does not always translate to coaching ability. Regarding the talent on this team, whether or not the term "mid-major" is real or not, the Techster program needs to demonstrate talent that is competitive in the mid-major market prior to expecting relevance on the national stage. Yes, I agree with Champ that Missouri was a decent team (he said good, I'll say decent) but the facts are that the game was a home game, opening of the season, and the Techsters were not ready for primetime. Missouri was ready, and well-coached. The same cannot be said of the Techsters. Dominance in the WAC does not convince me the program is rebuilding or on the rise. Some OOC signature wins will be the only factor that determines whether or not this program is moving forward, standing still, or sliding further into obscurity.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

you will "let" the "negative people" take over and "step out now." how big of you. i would not bust your chops so much if you didn't come off as so self-righteous.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Not an encouraging sign - Missouri State, at home, today lost to Louisville 73-64.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

It's been a decade since Missouri State made that FF appearance and that was mostly about Jackie Stiles. The problem is that the big conference schools have thrown major dollars at their women's programs now. Just look at the list of "mid majors" If one of them were to make a Sweet Sixteen, it'd be quite an accomplishment. If we're anywhere close to getting competitive players, we shouldn't be losing to teams like MSU. Every year we hear that this is the year we turn the corner, and every year we don't. I'll be happy to be wrong if it ever happens, but I'm not expecting it.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    It's been a decade since Missouri State made that FF appearance and that was mostly about Jackie Stiles. The problem is that the big conference schools have thrown major dollars at their women's programs now. Just look at the list of "mid majors" If one of them were to make a Sweet Sixteen, it'd be quite an accomplishment. If we're anywhere close to getting competitive players, we shouldn't be losing to teams like MSU. Every year we hear that this is the year we turn the corner, and every year we don't. I'll be happy to be wrong if it ever happens, but I'm not expecting it.

Women's BB has gone the way of Men's BB. As you said, the big schools have thrown tons of money into WBB and it shows. Look who are the dominate teams, UConn, Tennessee, Stanford, Baylor, A&M, ND, etc. Pretty much the same situation as MBB. This year two non-AQ conference schools made it into the Sweet 16, Green Bay and Gonzaga. And the Zags have a pretty good basketball history, although on the men's side. Only five (including GB and Zaga) made it out of the first round.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Generally speaking, I find your posts to be spot-on. While I agree with your statements about these things being in place BEFORE the season starts, I also think it is too early to write-off the Techsters. I, for one, do not think Spoon has proven herself yet as a COACH. She has absolutely proven herself as a motivator and a legendary player of the game, but that does not always translate to coaching ability. Regarding the talent on this team, whether or not the term "mid-major" is real or not, the Techster program needs to demonstrate talent that is competitive in the mid-major market prior to expecting relevance on the national stage. Yes, I agree with Champ that Missouri was a decent team (he said good, I'll say decent) but the facts are that the game was a home game, opening of the season, and the Techsters were not ready for primetime. Missouri was ready, and well-coached. The same cannot be said of the Techsters. Dominance in the WAC does not convince me the program is rebuilding or on the rise. Some OOC signature wins will be the only factor that determines whether or not this program is moving forward, standing still, or sliding further into obscurity.
    ---
    The football game thread of the Bulldogs playing Ole Miss in the 1st 11 pages talked about how aweful the Bullbogs were and the coaching sucked, then when we starting scoreing every one talked about how great the team was and what a great coach!
    For pete's sake it's just one game in a long season and every one needs to give this team and TSpoon a chance here!
    Go Techsters!

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    Not an encouraging sign - Missouri State, at home, today lost to Louisville 73-64.
    Not encouraging? Missouri State was up most of the first half and lost by 9 to the #9 team in the country. How is that not an encouraging sign???

It's like the Dawgs losing to Houston and Southern Miss if you ask me...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the positive posters above.......... Wow! It was our first game and with a lot of newcomers. We will be fine........

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wasn't there a game @ Ark State on the schedule for last night? What happened to it?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Wasn't there a game @ Ark State on the schedule for last night? What happened to it?
    Not till the 22nd.....

On the 19th, we travel to Oklahoma to play Oral Roberts....

+ Reply to Thread