+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Over .500??

Puppy Alum1331 has turned a few heads around hereAlum1331 has turned a few heads around hereAlum1331 has turned a few heads around here

Over .500??

What do you guys think the dawgs chances are to actually be well over .500 this year? Im tired of seeing these sub par seasons!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Over .500??

If we win one more than we lose, i see us above .500

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I predict the same old same...

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE;1155914[B
    ]I predict the same old same...
    [/B]
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results
    Yep. Until you care enough to change, you'll remain exactly the same.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Really guys? Already? We did finish last season 34-27 and made a strong run at the conference tourny.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Alum1331 View Post
    What do you guys think the dawgs chances are to actually be well over .500 this year? Im tired of seeing these sub par seasons!
    And how many games did you attend last year? Obviously none since you have no clue what we did last year. What do you consider sub par? You do realize we went 34-27 last year.

Puppy Alum1331 has turned a few heads around hereAlum1331 has turned a few heads around hereAlum1331 has turned a few heads around here

I actually attended quite a few games...and i saw the same ol bad coaching, same mistakes as ive always seen, the dawgs might have gone 34-27, but it could have been alot better, stop being content with a 34-27 season, thats the problem at tech, there scared to make a change, or actually win the conference tournament. 34-27 is an ok record, yeah sure, but is that all you want? i want to see them win 40 games a year, and actually be a contender. I saw atleast 5 games that the dawgs lost by 2 or 3 runs, that they could have easily won, with a bunt here, or a pitching change there! needless to say the coaching staff is very greedy and always plays for the big inning, will never bunt a 3 or 4 hole hitter, and wont take out his favorite friday night pitcher even if he has walked 3 in a row....a change needs to happen or the dawgs will always be at the "sub par" level, and if your content with 34-27, then well i guess your happy! GO DAWGS!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Well, I find it a little unusual for a first post to be a critical post about a topic that is not even your favorite college sport at Tech. Be constructive and maybe a little more supportive. If you have such a keen sense of the game, maybe you can volunteer to help out the team. It's real easy to say we could have won 5 more games if we had down this or that after the fact. Sure a bunt might have work, or it might not have. A change of pitcher could have possibly improved the situtation but it also could have blown up in our face. If the Rangers had gotten 1 more strike in the world series (twice in fact) they would be the World Champions. Yes, the coaches tend to play for the big inning. Just a year ago we set numerous offensive records because we were a big inning team. So I would tend to believe we would play our strengths. This year wil be a little different. Lost a lot of good bats to graduation and the draft. Pitching should be better this year based on the fall WS. Come out and support the team. We need more fans in the stands!

I attended more games than you think, damn near all of them even some out of the state, probably one of the biggest tech fans around, even attended tech and was fortunate enough to play at a higher level than college. So i would say i have a very keen sense of the game, but the thing is the attitude around tech baseball for the past few years has been "man so close" "almost there" "we almost had it guys" "we will be better next year", thats not a winning attitude, thats how you baby your players and put the blame elswhere. Its time for those things to happen, if youve been around tech baseball as long as i have, you would know these things...If your not getting the job done its time to move on, the coaching staff has been there long enough with nothing to show for. Tech has the campus, the field, the academics all the things it needs to be recruiting a top 25 baseball team, and the simple thing is there not....and im tired of sitting back and watching the same thing happen every year. If the university cared as much about the baseball team as it does about the football team, then maybe we would be getting somewhere. And as far as the pitching staff being better this year, that is a very good possibility as long as sim isnt calling the pitches, because he doesnt have a clue, rountree should be calling the pitches, and not sim using hand signals that the other team clearly picks up on every game.....

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

I attended more games than you think, damn near all of them even some out of the state, probably one of the biggest tech fans around, even attended tech and was fortunate enough to play at a higher level than college. So i would say i have a very keen sense of the game, but the thing is the attitude around tech baseball for the past few years has been "man so close" "almost there" "we almost had it guys" "we will be better next year", thats not a winning attitude, thats how you baby your players and put the blame elswhere. Its time for those things to happen, if youve been around tech baseball as long as i have, you would know these things...If your not getting the job done its time to move on, the coaching staff has been there long enough with nothing to show for. Tech has the campus, the field, the academics all the things it needs to be recruiting a top 25 baseball team, and the simple thing is there not....and im tired of sitting back and watching the same thing happen every year. If the university cared as much about the baseball team as it does about the football team, then maybe we would be getting somewhere. And as far as the pitching staff being better this year, that is a very good possibility as long as sim isnt calling the pitches, because he doesnt have a clue, rountree should be calling the pitches, and not sim using hand signals that the other team clearly picks up on every game.....
    Except a budget....You sound like a bitter former player. You have 3 posts and they are all baseball bashing. What years did you play at Tech if you don't mind me asking?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

There is your answer right there...there is almost no support from the administration
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy C2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the rough

What a bashing of Tech Baseball. You attended? You played at a higher level? Give me a break...

C2Much and Mentechsters, yall are the same as all the other people on here that dont have a clue....somebody makes a few good points and you have no response except "oh you must be a bitter player" or "oh your a bitter parent" "you never played baseball", i didnt bash tech baseball if you read my posts and are actually smart enough and mature enough to see what im saying, then youd see that im saying how much better they could be! what changes they should make! how the university should care more about the other sports rather than just football....and how tech baseball should stop being happy with a 34-27 record, so instead of trying to make me look bad and talking about my post, if you dont like them then dont respond, please just move on and read something else let the big boys talk about Baseball and the problems around it and yall can go whine somewhere else GO DAWGS!

C2Much and Mentechsters, yall are the same as all the other people on here that dont have a clue....somebody makes a few good points and you have no response except "oh you must be a bitter player" or "oh your a bitter parent" "you never played baseball", i didnt bash tech baseball if you read my posts and are actually smart enough and mature enough to see what im saying, then youd see that im saying how much better they could be! what changes they should make! how the university should care more about the other sports rather than just football....and how tech baseball should stop being happy with a 34-27 record, so instead of trying to make me look bad and talking about my post, if you dont like them then dont respond, please just move on and read something else let the big boys talk about Baseball and the problems around it and yall can go whine somewhere else GO DAWGS!
    Yep, I'm the one that's clueless. You have no idea. And you didn't answer my question.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

If things are so terrible, why does the coaching staff hang around?

+ Reply to Thread