+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over .500??

Puppy Alum1331 has turned a few heads around hereAlum1331 has turned a few heads around hereAlum1331 has turned a few heads around here

Re: Over .500??

I am simply stating my opinion..like i said if my post upset you so much, DO NOT READ THEM! I do not sugar coat things, and i say what i think needs to be said, it may not be what you want to hear but thats no my problem, maybe this is why i have stayed off this message board for so long, but im here now and will say what i want, and i dont even think what i said was soo bad, could have been alot worse. The blame has to go somewhere and i definitely will NOT put it on the student athletes, i blame the coaching staff and the administration. With that being said, i think this thread is done, the talk has gone away from the team and whether or not they will be over 500, to me having to defend myself against the peanut gallery!! Go Dawgs and lets win 40 this year!!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I am not for or against the person posting and I am not commenting on the veracity of the posts, but it seems pretty common in other forums for the coach(es) to be criticized. And why does it matter whether someone has posted once or one thousand times?

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I am not for or against the person posting and I am not commenting on the veracity of the posts, but it seems pretty common in other forums for the coach(es) to be criticized. And why does it matter whether someone has posted once or one thousand times?
    It's not that he's criticizing, it's they way he did it. He got bothered by us questioning his comments. To say we have sub-par seasons and how the coaches are horrible and we have no clue and that we're ignorant to what's going on and telling us to go back to the Pony-league or the Ruston High forums rubbed a couple of us the wrong way. I'm all for someone criticizing but you're usually expected to offer some possible solutions. He offered none, just more bashing. And this from a former player who actually played some level of professional ball after leaving Tech. And for someone who is completely down on the program to make most of the home games and even out of state games just seemed a little strange. If you don't care for the experience, then why continue to put yourself in that experience? Yes, I have ties to this team and I want the best from them but there are certain things I can't control so I deal with it. I don't go spouting off to all the world telling people their ignorant and they have no clue. If this person was so concerned about the program, then there are better ways of working to improving the team than ranting on the internet.

Puppy Alum1331 has turned a few heads around hereAlum1331 has turned a few heads around hereAlum1331 has turned a few heads around here

This has really gone to far, im free to express my feelings anyway that i want too, if i want to bash i can, if i want to bad mouth i can, yes i follow the dawgs extremely close, yes i get extremely frustrated, and yes im going to say what i want, do you ever think that i rant and rave because i actually CARE about how the dawgs do????? And i have a passion for bulldawg baseball?? You say its strange that i bad mouth the program, because i go to all their games? That doesnt even make sense! I think it would give me the right to criticize the team if im attending majority if the games...i think it would be strange if i didnt attend the games and still bad mouthed the program. You say that i have no valid facts about the dawgs, well we have been sub .500 for the past couple years, and a change needs to be made, if my opinion is that the change is a new coach, then so be it that is my opinion. Theres no need for all you other posters to ask me personal questions about my past baseball, and when i graduated, im sorry if coach sim is your friend, or in your family, or your son is on the team, or for whatever other reason it is, that has some of you so worked up! Guess what? im not in the administration and i dont have the power to fire any of the coaches or make any changes! So dont worry and get yalls panties out of ur A$$ because your friend isnt getting fired! Im just a has been who wanted to vent via the internet, and am free to do so! Keep coming back with your post about how im wrong and im an idiot and i dont know how to use grammar?? Get real im laughing at you guys! Go Dawgs!!!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

I just wish our Athletic Administration would get serious and support the program...as in funding the full 11.7 scholarships, raising the recruiting budget, higher pay for assistants, etc...the list goes on and on. I wish we would go post season every year. I would like to see a program operating on the budget how ours is and see their results. I have been disappointed, specially the year we hosted the conference tourney and wasn't even in it...but thats history. I do think Sim and staff are doing the best they can with what they have.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Puppy C2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the rough

Well stated Rooster. Given the proper tools, most coaches can win. Tech Baseball has and will continue to have one of the lowest recruiting, field and equipment budgets in D-1. Changing coaches every year will not improve these complications. Wish for more, but accept the facts and if there's some bashing, direct it at the Admin...the coaches and players are trying.

Puppy C2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the rough

Okay Alum, let's talk baseball. Give me your starting line-up by position and the pitching rotation, week-ends and mid-week. Please include your prediction of the batting order. Thanks.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by C2MUCH View Post
    Well stated Rooster. Given the proper tools, most coaches can win. Tech Baseball has and will continue to have one of the lowest recruiting, field and equipment budgets in D-1. Changing coaches every year will not improve these complications. Wish for more, but accept the facts and if there's some bashing, direct it at the Admin...the coaches and players are trying.
    Where should more funding come from?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Where should more funding come from?
    Good question...but we don't even fund the scholarship limit of 11.7 which is crazy, but its a fact.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Funding needs to come from the Athletic Budget and fund-raising efforts by the coaching staff, alum and friends of the program. I think (and I repeat, I think) that baseball can raise money through it's own efforts, but then those funds must be directed through the University. The problem is that all the raised funds don't get alloted back to baseball. Somehow it is diverted to women's sports, even if it's not needed, in an effort to create equal funding between NCAA men and women's programs.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by C2MUCH View Post
    Funding needs to come from the Athletic Budget and fund-raising efforts by the coaching staff, alum and friends of the program. I think (and I repeat, I think) that baseball can raise money through it's own efforts, but then those funds must be directed through the University. The problem is that all the raised funds don't get alloted back to baseball. Somehow it is diverted to women's sports, even if it's not needed, in an effort to create equal funding between NCAA men and women's programs.
    Rooster, where can I find the information about the scholarships not being funded?

And C2MUCH, I have seen this assertion before about baseball funds being diverted to women's sports. I have a couple of questions about that: 1) how do we know this? and 2) what other ways could we stay in compliance with Title IX?

Maverick, I repeat, I only heard from someone that knows much more about the workings of Tech Baseball than I ever will. When I asked why funds raised by a sport could not be used just for that sport he said it was because of the Title IX issue. I do not know where you could validate this assertion unless it was with the Athletic Director or that department. Tech has a history of great women's sports and I'm not knocking the programs. Sometimes, regulatory agencies in an effort to keep everything even, complicate things beyond the normal fan's understanding!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Rooster, where can I find the information about the scholarships not being funded?

And C2MUCH, I have seen this assertion before about baseball funds being diverted to women's sports. I have a couple of questions about that: 1) how do we know this? and 2) what other ways could we stay in compliance with Title IX?
    Its not printed or published anywhere...I just know that we don't fund the full allotment of 11.7 scholarships....I have a friend that works for Tech that told me this...When I heard, I told him he was crazy...but went higher up the chain and it was verbally told to me that we do not fund the full allotment of available scholarships due to lack of funding...

www.casadice.com

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Its not printed or published anywhere...I just know that we don't fund the full allotment of 11.7 scholarships....I have a friend that works for Tech that told me this...When I heard, I told him he was crazy...but went higher up the chain and it was verbally told to me that we do not fund the full allotment of available scholarships due to lack of funding...
    If some people only knew half the stuff that went on in our athletic department, and some of the decisions that are made in relation to baseball and other sports, their heads would explode. You really can't understand how 'small time' we are.

Now were speaking my lanuguage...
    OK guys that we need to replace:
    Roliard-Lead off batter and starting left fielder: Not a bad leadoff (maybe the biggest in the country), definitely a big loss to the lineup and the outfield- i dont think i attended a game where roliard didnt throw someone out from LF.

Threlkeld-3 hole and starting 3rd baseman-Commited a few too many errors, but still a solid 3rd baseman. Also maybe the best stick in our line up, a doubles machine. Also a good leader even though he was only a junior, very vocal.

Will Alvis-DH did not play much outfield just a few games, but a very good DH, he had a few mental problems throughout the season, but a stick we will miss.

Clint Ewing-Catcher and 6-7 hole if im not mistaken. I would call him the overall leader of this team and the commander behind the plate. A strong stick in the line up, poor guy just lacked speed, but more heart than you could ever ask for in a player.

Joey Ford-2nd baseman/CF The toughest SOB on that team. An all around bulldawg gave everything he had every game. A very tough out in the line up and a solid fielder whether hes in the IN or the OF.

Mike Jefferson- A great left handed starter, that will greatly be missed in our weekend rotation. Picked off more people than ive ever seen. Mike gave us tremendous starts and was able to go deep into games to save our shaky bull pen.

Josh Barrett- Struggled most of the season, had a few good non conference games, but was a good guy to mop up games, when we needed to save our bp.

Lebreton- A great middle relief guy out of the bp pitched through some tuff situations and helped save some games.

Now guys were returning:
    Alex williams-1b- possible 4 hole batter
    Austin Hedges-2B-batting either one or two/ or 9 hole
    Ryan Gebhart-SS-possible 2 hole or toward the bottom
    Tyler Qualls-Ive heard hes got quite a battle to earn the Catching position- and id place him somewhere between 6-9
    Colby Johnson-RF/LF/CF-maybe leadoff or even 5 hole-(he has power and speed)
    Justin Gordey-CF-5-9 hole needs to limit his strike outs
    Corey White-OF-leadoff/ very tough out and tough to strike out/ great speed and heart.

Thats the best i can do as far as a line up since i was not able to attend the world series, havent had much of a look at the new guys.

Pitching rotation:
    WE-Jeb Stefan-Power to be the friday night guy, has to keep his cool and pitch his game
    WE-Trevor Peterson-poor guy pitches great in conference but cant seem to get a W, still one of our better pitchers.
    WE-Chris Sadberry- showed great potential at Baylor last year. hope hes healthy after the surgery?
    Jaime Gilley- Showed last year in practice he has a great change up and CB and if he can locate the fastball could be very affective. not sure how we will do on weekends, needs some mid-week starts
    Ben Carlisle-Mix in some mid-week starts but mostly i think should be out of our bullpen, very good slow lefty, pops a lot of guys up.
    Sam Alvis-more of a power Lefty another bullpen guy who has a chance to be very good.
    Caleb Dudley-Has shown for two years now, he is capable off being our Closer.

+ Reply to Thread