+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Caliborne Rules/Regs?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Lake Caliborne Rules/Regs?

Yep - they are good people...

Ross, name and address will suffice, just don't attach them to the permanent marker poles -

Did you check www.cpwater.org ?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I checked that link out but couldn't find anything in particular about fishing devices. I'm only going to set a few out and maybe run a trotline every now and again so that my nephews can have that experience so I want to make sure I'm all the way legal. My dad, who has been at the camp fairly frequently, told me about that store and he said the same thing about the people that own/work there.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Met Tim and Kelly and introduced myself. They really are nice folks. Thanks for the info on Kels and the map. I LOVE the lake. Sun and Monday were the first times I've ever been on it and it is pretty cool, Looking forward to Spring/Summer.

Next question...how do I label my yo-yo's? Should I just write on them with a sharpie or is there some type of more permanent way?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Sharpie should be fine...

BTW: I still can't find any regulations in any state or Claiborne publication with this labeling regulation in it? I see Darbonne but zilch on CLaiborne.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    BTW: I still can't find any regulations in any state or Claiborne publication with this labeling regulation in it? I see Darbonne but zilch on CLaiborne.
    Just tell them them you DFM.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

Marketdawg, You have to try the steaks at Moons. Always great!

I'm so trying to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already got hogshead and hoop cheese from that place but; as is often so true in life, timing is everything. I'll get there. Contemplating a shrimp boil at Casa Del Barclay on Claiborne this coming Sunday Eve for you interested locals. Coleman Loop on da' lake. I'll be flying solo but the "TECH" family is welcome. More that sign-up the more I may do this thing.

What time?

Not sure if I can get over there yet. I'll let you guys know soon.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Rules for Lake Claiborne (read these with your best Barney Fife voice):

"Now, men, here on The Lake, we've got some basic rules you need to follow.

"Rule No. 1: Obey all rules.

"Rule No. 2: No tying anything to the channel marker posts, because we paid a lot for those posts, and we don't want anybody tying anything to them.

"Follow these rules, and you'll be okay. Break these rules, and things will go pre-tty rough on you."
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Call LDWF and ask

Per Minden LDWF Office: No info needed on Yo-Yo's on Claiborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Rules for Lake Claiborne (read these with your best Barney Fife voice):

"Now, men, here on The Lake, we've got some basic rules you need to follow.

"Rule No. 1: Obey all rules.

"Rule No. 2: No tying anything to the channel marker posts, because we paid a lot for those posts, and we don't want anybody tying anything to them.

"Follow these rules, and you'll be okay. Break these rules, and things will go pre-tty rough on you."
    Why, oh why do i ever question you guys?:icon_wink: The lady at the Minden LDWF office stated that you do not need to label your yo-yos at the advice of one of the officers in the office and she cruised the rules, as I did, on her own. I thanked her for her time and left my name and phone # with her just in case. I just got a call from "Tom", a different officer. he stated, "It isn't AGAINST (stressing the word against) the rules but in would be a real good idea to have at least your name on the yo-yos."

On another note I will be at the lake Sunday and the offer for the shrimp boil Sunday evening still stands. Just need a head count. Dwayne-I'm open to suggestions on what time as I'm not on any schedule. Just have to label and hang a few yo-yos and ice down a cold beer or two.

+ Reply to Thread