+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plane Crash - former HC Budke

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Plane Crash - former HC Budke

Real Sad. I don't know about you guys but the older I get the more fearful I am of these small single engine planes. I know airline travel is statistically safer than being on the road but being in the sky in a small plane makes me nervous. These coaches have to do so much flying to out of the way, small venues to recruit; I don't know how they tolerate it. I guess just comes with the job. I'm not saying it's the pilot's fault but most of the time you don't know the quality/reputation of the person in the pilot's seat. Apparently the pilot of this plane was not affiliated with the university. Godspeed to all of the families involved. Kurt was a really good guy.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

prayers to all family members to the victims...tragic loss
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely terrible

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I couldn't believe this when I saw it this morning. Absolutely horrible. Praying for Coach Budke's family and the OK State family. I'm so sad to hear this. God bless us all.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Prayers for both their families.... What a horrible thing........

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    Real Sad. I don't know about you guys but the older I get the more fearful I am of these small single engine planes. I know airline travel is statistically safer than being on the road but being in the sky in a small plane makes me nervous. These coaches have to do so much flying to out of the way, small venues to recruit; I don't know how they tolerate it. I guess just comes with the job. I'm not saying it's the pilot's fault but most of the time you don't know the quality/reputation of the person in the pilot's seat. Apparently the pilot of this plane was not affiliated with the university. Godspeed to all of the families involved. Kurt was a really good guy.
    I agree Dawg85. Statistically, it's safer to fly, but it only takes one mistake at that altitude. One mistake on the ground might cause a crash (and make it statistically more unsafe), but mistakes on the ground can be overcome. We have all had car wrecks, and people usually survive those. This is coming from a guy who works around planes, and flies pretty frequently. I never worry when flying on major airlines, but I only fly on small planes if I know the pilot and I know the maintenance history of the plane.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

This happened about 20 miles west of Conway.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Very sad. Prayers go out to everyone involved.

Has anyone heard what happened? I'm majoring in Aviation Science and would like to find out what caused this.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Prayers for the families!

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    Very sad. Prayers go out to everyone involved.

Has anyone heard what happened? I'm majoring in Aviation Science and would like to find out what caused this.
    Plane crashed into mountains of eastern Arkansas. Pilot was a retired Oklahoma state senator and plane was built in 1964. NTSB investigating but may take months to know what happened.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    Plane crashed into mountains of eastern Arkansas. Pilot was a retired Oklahoma state senator and plane was built in 1964. NTSB investigating but may take months to know what happened.
    Thanks. Could be icing, but who knows. Sad to hear this. Just awful.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible news, I couldn't believe it when I heard it. Prayers to their families.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I never worry when flying on major airlines, but I only fly on small planes if I know the pilot and I know the maintenance history of the plane.
    Ditto Ditto Ditto

I never fly with a pilot who is over age 68 or fly a plane that is more than 15 year old.

Prayers to both families and the OKIE STATE Family.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=HounDoggy1;1159964]Ditto Ditto Ditto

I never fly with a pilot who is over age 68 or fly a plane that is more than 15 year old.

QUOTE]

You do understand that most single engine commercial built private planes are way over 15 years old.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

From what I've found out the pilot was 82 years old. His 79 year old wife was also killed. This crash occured in very rugged terrain southwest of Perryville, AR in the Ouachita National Forest. Some deer hunters saw and heard the plane. They said it sounded like it was having engine trouble then nosed down head first into the forest. Took seveal hours for searchers to find the wreckage.

Terrible tragedy for the OSU family. Prayers to all of them and the families.

+ Reply to Thread