+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W. Basketball. Techsters Fall at Oral Roberts

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Face Oral Roberts Saturday

No, I don't think this will be the first losing season. The Techsters' schedule has many weak teams that they will be able to beat. I think they are more than capable of winning the WAC title, although that holds even less luster than in previous seasons.

While the first two opponents are good teams in their own divisions, they are good teams from the middle of the pack, and the Techsters are not ready to compete even at that level. I know the often-provided reason/excuse for that is youth. Frankly, that has been the reason/excuse for the past few seasons.

It seems like Spoon's mojo is enough to get some excited about the future of the program. I think her charisma and passion are infectious, but I remain unconvinced after the past two-and-a-half seasons that she is the "coach" the program needs to regain its footing. She is a great face for the program, much like Sonja was years ago. What Spoon is missing is her "Leon." That is, of course, just my opinion.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Face Oral Roberts Saturday

I watched the game today. IMHO, I saw youthfulness on behalf of our young players which is expected. However, I saw lackluster attitude and play by both players and coaches. IMHO this is the worst I have seen the Techsters play since I watched then lose to McNeese in Lake Charles under the Long Era. Teresa was a better defensive player than offensive IMHO, however, I have not seen that transfer to her players. Frankly, I see no motivation or basic basketball fundamentals. I do think TSpoon needs a Leon on the bench. Daron Park is missed at this stage of the season.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Techsters Fall at Oral Roberts

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Kevi Luper scored 28 points to lead four players in double figures as Oral Roberts defeated Louisiana Tech 92-71 before 1,215 fans at the Mabee Center Saturday afternoon.

More...

Discuss it here.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Fall at Oral Roberts

This is not the start that I saw from us. I hope we are able to regroup and get it going.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We will get it together. There is no need for panic right now. Just a rough start with a lot of new players. Life after Johnson is a different world and we need to adjust. We have the talent and, YES, we have the coach. Just takes a little time to put it together. I am disappointed about the first 2 games, but know that it will turn around.

We tend to over react on here. Look at our football season this year and you can see a prime example of why one should not over react early in the season.

+ Reply to Thread