+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dooley

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Dooley

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Whatever DD did or didn't do that you didn't like, he DID get our program turned around for the better. He came here after years of mismanagement at the AD and higher levels, suceeded in starting the ball rolling which would allow for future success under tough conditions. The boy didn't take "NO" as an answer to anything he felt he needed to make our program a success. More thoughts on this after the season.

He's had a tough couple of years behind Jerk Kiffin, I wish him success in the future.
    I'm another one who agrees with you!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Now everybody is up in arms because he left.
    I don't know of a single person who has ever said they didn't like him for leaving or blamed him for leaving.

He was a blue blood Ahole from day one who didn't fit in. He was bogus. One more year would have had him on everyone's S List. He got lucky with the Tenn. job and so were we when we lost him.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

dooley did a lot of good while he was here. He proved that Jackholes can do good things in spite of themselves.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Anyone who asks for a "refund" of a donation because he was stupid enough not to stop his bank drafts after signing a multi-million dollar contract is a FIRST CLASS A$$HAT....

BTW - have I ever mentioned Karma is one mean bitch -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Whatever DD did or didn't do that you didn't like, he DID get our program turned around for the better. He came here after years of mismanagement at the AD and higher levels, suceeded in starting the ball rolling which would allow for future success under tough conditions. The boy didn't take "NO" as an answer to anything he felt he needed to make our program a success. More thoughts on this after the season.

He's had a tough couple of years behind Jerk Kiffin, I wish him success in the future.
    You got that right!!

Our team and our facilities are MUCH IMPROVED because of Dooley's time here. It's been said so many times on BBB how much his contributions here were more as AD than HC. I wish Dooley well there yet feel like we're better off with SD has head coach.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Anyone who asks for a "refund" of a donation because he was stupid enough not to stop his bank drafts after signing a multi-million dollar contract is a FIRST CLASS A$$HAT....

BTW - have I ever mentioned Karma is one mean bitch -
    That certainly sums up his character. I am thankful for his time as AD here, but am enjoying watching his arrogance and how well it plays with the Tenn fans- they want him gone. I got to laugh with a fan at Disney about that topic yesterday. He is a die hard fan and HATES DD. They will probably give him one more year, but for anyone that thinks that DD is one of the good guys, it is just not so.

Bulldog jimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nice jimwwms's Avatar

In DEFENSE of Derrick Dooley? I don't think anyone is taking that position. What many have said and I repeat: we are a better program for having him the years he was with us.

To name a couple of old irritations that I give him credit for fixing:
    1. Remember when the bookstore's clothing wasn't the right color?
    2. Remember when the team was outfitted by Russell?

I am sure you have many more......

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Dawgzilla. I give him credit for that. And cleaning the stadium and the TAC. He did some good stuff. Improving the locker room. He was still mean.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hopefully, this will change in a month or so, but Tech has exactly ONE bowl win since 1977's bowl win....

One would think as rare an event as that appears to be, the coach responsible for it might get a few kudos.

Guess not.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Hopefully, this will change in a month or so, but Tech has exactly ONE bowl win since 1977's bowl win....

One would think as rare an event as that appears to be, the coach responsible for it might get a few kudos.

Guess not.
    and kudos for the I-Bowl win. He was still mean. And his integrity which he blabs on about sucks.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Guess not.
    Old news. He is a millionaire loser in Tennessee now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My problem is I like mean people! Kind of my crowd.

Mean people make good linebackers, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Old news. He is a millionaire loser in Tennessee now.
    Ah hah! one of the 1%!

I get it now.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Point of this thread is....?

How dare he leave us for millions of dollars!!!! I would have stayed at this underfunded program that struggles to get 20K at a home game!
    Not the point. No effort was made to say goodbye to any supporters-- left like were not worth 1 more day of his life. We always knew he wanted out from day one asap -- just needed a head coaching job to get experience-- I feel like coach D will move on to bigger program and be a much better coach than Dooley but I will be surprised if he doesn't leave a lot of people feeling like he was happy here. Gotta believe he'd love to be at TT oneday

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

And Hitler built the Autobahn.

Dooley would explode through your stomach like an alien if you stood in the way of HIS career. He left us in the middle of recruiting, didn't produce a sustained product on the field, and apparently treated everyone within a mile of him like crap. We reaped some rewards from the by-product of him trying to get the hell out of Ruston as fast as possible; that is all. I hope that egotistical punk is a special teams coach for North-Central North Dakota Community College once Tennessee catches on.

Other than that he seems o.k.

+ Reply to Thread