+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight Song

Puppy Dawgbit has turned a few heads around hereDawgbit has turned a few heads around hereDawgbit has turned a few heads around hereDawgbit has turned a few heads around here

Fight Song

I have watched the enthusiasm the TEAM has as they sing the LA TECH FIGHT SONG. I don't know when they started this but it is great. I think in would be great if the TECH FANS sang it for the TEAM before their last regular season game.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Fight Song

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbit View Post
    I have watched the enthusiasm the TEAM has as they sing the LA TECH FIGHT SONG. I don't know when they started this but it is great. I think in would be great if the TECH FANS sang it for the TEAM before their last regular season game.
    Come on now...who doesn't know the words... lol

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Come on now...who doesn't know the words... lol
    I know them and every TECH student should. Put them on Dawgzilla for anyone else, but this is a great idea. I love these videos we are getting of the team in the locker room and the celebrations that go on. It makes us feel closer to the team and I feel like I am right there celebrating with them. Thanks T-Mo and everyone else that is posting the videos.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Uh . . . why can't everyone sing the fight song EVERY time it's played by the BOP?

What a novel idea.:icon_wink:

(From the videos, the words should be stuck in the brains of the uninformed, so, please, no need to put the words on Dawgzilla when the attention is down on the field!)

It's interesting to me how the football team can take something simple and make it a TRADITION. A WINNING TRADITION!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

While I always liked the tune I used to think the words to our fight song were really old fashioned and kind of corny. However, that's because it really is old. Maybe that's why we didn't sing it and the kids (students) don't sing it now. But Bleacher Report had a bunch of fight songs on recently and ours is no more "corny" than any of the others. So, let's all sing it with the BOP at the NMSU game.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

It sounds old because it is old. That is what connects us to our tradition. Some things should never be changed. I just wish we had more of a tradition about singing it.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

It would take some doing but it might be nice to hand out cards before the team walks through the tailgating area and have the fans sing it as they walk through. Just an idea.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Repetition is the best teacher.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I think it is a great idea for everyone to learn and sing the words whenever. It's sad to say that I didn't realize it had words to it until the last year or so--probably from reading on here--a total surprise to me that it even had words at all. It was never sung that I know of at any time way back in the late 60s, early 70's when I was there. So I'm willing to learn it now, if I'm not too old....

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I think it is a great idea for everyone to learn and sing the words whenever. It's sad to say that I didn't realize it had words to it until the last year or so--probably from reading on here--a total surprise to me that it even had words at all. It was never sung that I know of at any time way back in the late 60s, early 70's when I was there. So I'm willing to learn it now, if I'm not too old....
    Here ya go!

Fight! Fight! Fight! for old Red and Blue;
    Show your might and we'll root for you.
    Get on your toes when you meet your foes
    And don't let them break through.
    TECH! TECH! TECH!
    Hit those lines like good old Canines;
    Break through for a touchdown or two(four, six, eight),
    Hold up your chin and let's all go in
    To win for the Red and Blue.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

http://www.latech.edu/fye/thingstoknow.shtml

Fight song and Alma Mater

Just sing it when the band plays and others will eventually catch on.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post

I don't remember us singing it either back in the early to mid '60s. It's fun to watch the team take something so old fashioned and make it part of their locker room tradition.

I like it because it shows school pride. Not just personal or team pride, but school pride. I love it.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

As a young kid my great aunts taught me the chorus to Tech fight song as follows. Keep in mind that my great aunts attended Tech between 1930-1940.

Fight Fight Fight for old red and blue.
    Show your might and we'll root for you.
    Hold up your chin and lets all go in
    and root for red and blue.

Anyone know the history of the Tech fight song.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

No, but I like it, too.
    All fight songs are traditionally old-fashioned.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread