+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Poinsettia Bowl

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Poinsettia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I'd love to play Boise - my superviser is a grad. If we won, she'd never hear the end of it
    They have grads? Interesting....

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

A Bowl Committee wants Louisiana Tech to play in their west coast bowl!!!!!!!!And in such a great city as San Diego!!!!!!!!!! This is definitely a step in the right direction folks!!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    I just checked & Southwest has one-way internet specials out of Dallas Love & Houston Hobby for $109 each way.
    where are you finding this? the best i see out of houston is 184 (that adds up when you're flying 5 people).

Puppy Drinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around hereDrinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around hereDrinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around here Drinking at Sundown's Avatar

Why can't we just play Wyoming in the Independence Bowl

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    Thanx Dawgpix!

Obviously our fans don't really understand how good this team is. And we all want to be "big time." Well, if we send 500 to San Diego guess what we are? If 3,000 can go to Ole Miss why can't 5,000 go to San Diego? Southwest has the cheap flights out of Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Jackson. The hotels there are reasonable. What else is it going to take?
    3,000 to Ole Miss is not the same as 5,000 to San Diego. Many of the Ole Miss crowd was students. If you want to travel well, keep it in the South. As a student, I can say me and my roommates are discussing driving because a round-trip flight on Southwest is at least $400. That's the price of textbooks.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I love this team as much as anyone on this board, but let's be rational. We've only beaten one team with a winning record. That's not a shot at our team, it is just being "real".

Those that think 3,000 Tech fans are going to fly to San Diego for a bowl game on a Tuesday are going to be very, very disappointed. We will have trouble reaching 20K on Saturday because many of our fans won't get their butt out of a friggin tree on Saturday to go to the game.

This is a "building momentum" year for Tech. Go to a regional bowl with good representation vs a similarly talented team. NEXT YEAR, we can go anywhere with our ~40 seniors, two experienced QBs, Patton, healthy Holley, H. Lee, L. Fitte, Duplessis,... and kick the BCS door down.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drinking at Sundown View Post
    Because the ACC is contractually obligated to the Indy Bowl.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    I love this team as much as anyone on this board, but let's be rational. We've only beaten one team with a winning record. That's not a shot at our team, it is just being "real".

Those that think 3,000 Tech fans are going to fly to San Diego for a bowl game on a Tuesday are going to be very, very disappointed. We will have trouble reaching 20K on Saturday because many of our fans won't get their butt out of a friggin tree on Saturday to go to the game.

This is a "building momentum" year for Tech. Go to a regional bowl with good representation vs a similarly talented team. NEXT YEAR, we can go anywhere with our ~40 seniors, two experienced QBs, Patton, healthy Holley, H. Lee, L. Fitte, Duplessis,... and kick the BCS door down.
    This, this, my God, this.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    And you know which Tech fans WILL travel to San Diego on a Tuesday ???

I'll tell ya which ones ... the "Sitters".

The Golf Clappers.

The Blue Hairs

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

How much would it cost to charter a flight like the team uses? Get a group of fans together & get a charter & a bus for travelling in SD. Probably be able to get a good hotel rate as well. Somebody work on this.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drinking at Sundown View Post

We can if we land the Hawaii Bowl & North Carolina or NC St. will trade.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    where are you finding this? the best i see out of houston is 184 (that adds up when you're flying 5 people).

Internet rates that I checked about an hour ago.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Give me Boise State in San diego over some crap MAC team in Idaho or Wyoming in shreveport. Our guys deserve better than a bus trip. Also why shy away from a top 10 opponent? Come on guys a bowl game is supposed to be a TEST against a good opponent not some team" I wish we could beat."

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    3,000 to Ole Miss is not the same as 5,000 to San Diego. Many of the Ole Miss crowd was students. If you want to travel well, keep it in the South. As a student, I can say me and my roommates are discussing driving because a round-trip flight on Southwest is at least $400. That's the price of textbooks.

Have you calculated the price of gas & 4 days worth of driving? But I'm glad you are going.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Our guys deserve better than a bus trip. Also why shy away from a top 10 opponent?
    Our guys deserve better than a stadium devoid of their own fans.

And their fans that stuck with them through this schitzo season deserve something we can attend.

+ Reply to Thread