+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Poinsettia Bowl

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Poinsettia Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Under what scenario could TCU get traded out of the P-bowl if Houston gets an AQ slot?

If TCU or Boise gets an at-large AQ slot?
    If just Houston gets in, then the LV Bowl probably takes Boise and the Poinsettia can take TCU if they want them or can let TCU stay closer to home (in the Indy) and take the home-town Aztecs.

If TCU or Boise ends up in a BCS bowl, then the LV Bowl takes the other one, and the Poinsettia definitely takes SDSU.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    If just Houston gets in, then the LV Bowl probably takes Boise and the Poinsettia can take TCU if they want them or can let TCU stay closer to home (in the Indy) and take the home-town Aztecs.

If TCU or Boise ends up in a BCS bowl, then the LV Bowl takes the other one, and the Poinsettia definitely takes SDSU.
    What if the Indy tried to work a deal with Poinsettia to get TCU? Pay money to P-bowl for P-bowl to pick SDSU? Then P-bowl and Indy sell more tickets. Does ESPN get involved?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Both Boise and TCU are beatable this year. Not pushovers for sure, but beatable. Both are AQ (or at least soon to be). What is the worst that will happen? They beat us 52-10 and everybody the national media yawns and says, "I told you so." And life goes on. But if we keep the game close or win, there is a huge upside for us. There is no pressure on us. If we lose big, well, that was expected. Anything else is a win (at least in some respects) for us. Yes, a loss dampens momentum, but we will rebound. If a loss to Boise kills our program, then we would have been dead long ago. We will survive even the wrong end of a blowout. And this will be a great measuring stick to see just how far we have come. This is a great opportunity for us. The risks are great, the potential rewards greater.

This is the best bowl game Tech has ever played in. Sure I hate it that a lot of fans cannot attend, but try to enjoy the next 3-4 weeks anyway. I know I am!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Both Boise and TCU are beatable this year. Not pushovers for sure, but beatable. Both are AQ (or at least soon to be). What is the worst that will happen? They beat us 52-10 and everybody the national media yawns and says, "I told you so." And life goes on. But if we keep the game close or win, there is a huge upside for us. There is no pressure on us. If we lose big, well, that was expected. Anything else is a win (at least in some respects) for us. Yes, a loss dampens momentum, but we will rebound. If a loss to Boise kills our program, then we would have been dead long ago. We will survive even the wrong end of a blowout. And this will be a great measuring stick to see just how far we have come. This is a great opportunity for us. The risks are great, the potential rewards greater.

This is the best bowl game Tech has ever played in. Sure I hate it that a lot of fans cannot attend, but try to enjoy the next 3-4 weeks anyway. I know I am!

As many have said, the big thing is that these guys get to celebrate a good season. The second thing is that they get an extra 3 weeks of practice to continue developing for the bowl game and next year. Thirdly, is the chance to knock of a team that will give us national recognition.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Under what scenario could TCU get traded out of the P-bowl if Houston gets an AQ slot?

If TCU or Boise gets an at-large AQ slot?
    I think ESPN has a complete NO-BRAINER when it comes to this scenario this year--

The Poinsettia Bowl is a prime time slot unopposed on the flagship ESPN.

The Independence Bowl is on ESPN2, while Monday Night Football (Saints-Falcons to boot) is on the flagship ESPN. Save an epic blowout on MNF, the ratings are a LOST CAUSE for the I-Bowl. They would hate to waste one of the ratings "bell cows"... TCU, Boise on this game.

Therefore, TCU will NOT play in the I-Bowl! We will face them in SD!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Walsh tweeted that Tech will be the HOME team for the Poinsettia Bowl.
    Where do you think he got that info??:icon_wink:
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...=1#post1166940
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread