+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ***NEW*** Conference? What would it take?

Puppy Drinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around hereDrinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around hereDrinking at Sundown has turned a few heads around here Drinking at Sundown's Avatar

***NEW*** Conference? What would it take?

Humor/educate me. What would it take to form a NEW conference in the region with capable teams who all seem to be stuck in conference purgatory, like the following:

La Tech
    Houston
    Rice
    Southern Miss
    Tulane (for academics, no doubt)
    Lafayette (?)
    SMU
    Memphis
    Tulsa
    Arkansas State (?)
    North Texas

This would provide good regional play with teams that all seem to be level enough as far as football programs go. It seems to me that everybody would be moving up.

Later, someone can tell me why it makes sense to be in the WAC right now, because I know there is a reason.

GO.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: ***NEW*** Conference? What would it take?

Brian Beck knows the answer...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Drinking at Sundown View Post
    Humor/educate me. What would it take to form a NEW conference in the region with capable teams who all seem to be stuck in conference purgatory, like the following:

La Tech
    Houston
    Rice
    Southern Miss
    Tulane (for academics, no doubt)
    Lafayette (?)
    SMU
    Memphis
    Tulsa
    Arkansas State (?)
    North Texas

This would provide good regional play with teams that all seem to be level enough as far as football programs go. It seems to me that everybody would be moving up.

Later, someone can tell me why it makes sense to be in the WAC right now, because I know there is a reason.

GO.
    Kick out ULL, ARK St and NTS and it would be just fine.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

We were doing so well in avoiding conference realignment talk in the last few days, and then you brought it up again.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

FAIL - next

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

To The Pit

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Join/slum this board 2 months ago and all your questions will be answered.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Is that an A-4 on your wing there?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

In the (unlikely at this point, I think) event that Houston and SMU are left out of the Big East or elect not to go, I would probably prefer the new conference look westward and try to pick off the front range schools:

WEST
    New Mexico
    Colorado State
    Wyoming (because CSU would want them)
    UTEP
    SMU
    Tulsa

EAST
    Houston
    Rice
    LaTech
    Memphis
    Southern Miss
    Tulane

I wouldn't object to switching Houston/Rice for SMU/Tulsa. New Mexico and Colorado State are both in the dumps right now, but both have reasonably strong fundamentals and are good schools that can be players in their states when they are good. If AFA is available, obviously you make room for them, eliminating either UTEP or Tulane (in the latter case, moving Houston to the west and SMU/Tulsa to the east).

I was actually batting an idea of this sort around a while back for what to do if the BE were to pick off UCF and ECU.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

New conferences won't be formed. Work within the current framework and go from there.

And here is another vote for this thread to the pit.

+ Reply to Thread