+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Latech vs toledo??? Wth?

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Latech vs toledo??? Wth?

I saw that today the BCS shakeup has us Playing in Potato Bowl vs Toledo.

FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL
    Toledo (MAC No. 3) vs. Louisiana Tech (WAC)
    Dec. 17, 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
    At Boise, Idaho
    Comment
    : It’s not often that one program gets TWO trips to Idaho in one season. Louisiana Tech traveled to Idaho and beat the Vandals. It’s also not often that a team scores 60 points – and loses! But you can look it up. Northern Illinois 63, Toledo 60. The Rockets were so angered that they promptly beat Western Michigan 66-63.

POINSETTIA BOWL
    Boise State (Mountain West No. 2) vs. Nevada (WAC)
    Dec. 21, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN
    At San Diego
    Comment
    : Great irony if this matchup comes about. Last season, Nevada defeated BoiseState 34-31 in overtime to prevent the Broncos from reaching a BCS bowl. For the second straight season, a foiled field-goal attempt has thwarted Boise State’s lofty ambitions, but here’s a chance to make some amends.

I would still rather play in the Indy Bowl.... Just my preference.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Latech vs toledo??? Wth?

Did you not read that the Poinsettia Bowl officials will be in Ruston this weekend?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Shows how much worthless noise is on the Internet (and on tv, and in print).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Wow!

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westv View Post
    I saw that today the BCS shakeup has us Playing in Potato Bowl vs Toledo.

FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL
    Toledo (MAC No. 3) vs. Louisiana Tech (WAC)
    Dec. 17, 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN
    At Boise, Idaho
    Comment
    : It’s not often that one program gets TWO trips to Idaho in one season. Louisiana Tech traveled to Idaho and beat the Vandals. It’s also not often that a team scores 60 points – and loses! But you can look it up. Northern Illinois 63, Toledo 60. The Rockets were so angered that they promptly beat Western Michigan 66-63.

POINSETTIA BOWL
    Boise State (Mountain West No. 2) vs. Nevada (WAC)
    Dec. 21, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN
    At San Diego
    Comment
    : Great irony if this matchup comes about. Last season, Nevada defeated BoiseState 34-31 in overtime to prevent the Broncos from reaching a BCS bowl. For the second straight season, a foiled field-goal attempt has thwarted Boise State’s lofty ambitions, but here’s a chance to make some amends.

I would still rather play in the Indy Bowl.... Just my preference.

Calm down Wes! The Poinsttia Bowl is going to offer us after we win on Saturday. Many of us are hoping that a trade can be worked out but we need some help from Utah State. The WAC has 3 bowls slots that must be filled before any horse=trading can happen. It doesn't look like Hawaii will become Bowl Eligible this year so we really need Utah St. to beat Nevada (we will know the results of their game before ours is over.) Then we will know that the WAC (Benson & Tech) are in a position to make a trade or not. Otherwise (unless a stealth deal has already been worked out) we will accept the invite to the Poinsettia Bowl.

About the only shot that we have left for the Indy Bowl is receiving an invite to the Poinsettia or Hawaii Bowls with the authority from the bowls to swap with the ACC opponent (UNC, NC St or Wake Forest.) The Ticket City Bowl would have to be a prior trade agreement worked out by Benson with the affected bowls signing off.

Champ Westv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the roughWestv is a jewel in the rough

Ok,
    I'm calming down. I'm very proud of our guys. The Poinseiita bowl theory of us vs Boise, or TCU b/c of National exposure was ok with me. But Toledo......No exposure in my opinion. But Opinions are like A@#holes, we all have one.
    Regardless, I'm elated as to where we are. Go DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westv View Post
    Ok,
    I'm calming down. I'm very proud of our guys. The Poinseiita bowl theory of us vs Boise, or TCU b/c of National exposure was ok with me. But Toledo......No exposure in my opinion. But Opinions are like A@#holes, we all have one.
    Regardless, I'm elated as to where we are. Go DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Westv, what was your favorite game in Ruston this year. What impressed you the most about our team?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Westv, what was your favorite game in Ruston this year. What impressed you the most about our team?
    BAhahahaha! Almost asked the same thing...

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    BAhahahaha! Almost asked the same thing...
    Why?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

crickets.................

+ Reply to Thread