+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sportsmanship

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Sportsmanship

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    I saw the coach pacing in front of his team talking to them, looked like he was yelling at one point. I think it was a huge teaching moment.
    That is exactly what Walker was doing. He had his team go to the north endzone because he was pissed that they quit in the 2nd half and he wanted them to see what a CHAMPIONSHIP moment looks like.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I'll never forget that. That was pure class. Made me so happy when we all stood and clapped for them as they went past. Thanks NMSU!
    Made me proud, too.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    I saw the coach pacing in front of his team talking to them, looked like he was yelling at one point. I think it was a huge teaching moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    That is exactly what Walker was doing. He had his team go to the north endzone because he was pissed that they quit in the 2nd half and he wanted them to see what a CHAMPIONSHIP moment looks like.
    Exactly what was going on. Next year could be a tough game at their house.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Exactly what happened. It was a teaching moment, but also very classy as they all stood there watching. "Boys, this is what a Champion looks like and you need to feel it and see it". But he did it in a very classy way, in the far end zone instead of on their sidelines. Class move.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Utah State AND New Mexico St have programs on the climb. My hats off to'em. I'm just HAPPY we could provide the 44 elements for that "teaching moment".

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

We sat next to the Mom and brother of one of the O"linemen. They were nice folks, good fans.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

It has been mentioned about Patton going over to shake hands (or whatever) with the NMSU guys in the north endzone post-game, and yes, this was a classy move. Did anyone notice that on his way back to the Tech celebration, he stopped around the north 20 yd line, knelt down, and appeared to be praying for a few minutes? I was hoping one of you guys with a camera would have gotten a pic of this awesome show of humility

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

I also did not think one of our WRs doing the throat slash repeatedly during the opening KO was very classy either. Oh well, not a perfect world.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I too noticed the sportsmanship showed Sat night.
    New Mexico St should be very proud of their young men and very encouraged by the actions of their coach to make it a learning moment.
    Classy move.

Sports are better when there is class. Sports are more fun when there is class. The New Mexico St. football team and coaches are a benefit to college football.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I was impressed with New Mexico State. We won convincingly but they played with class and didn't give up. And when the game was over, the way they moved off as a team into the north end zone while the trophy presentation was made was the picture of class. I have a lot of respect for them.
    This^^^^

HD

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't our game out there close last year? Maybe he was saying "look how much these guys improved from last year and we could follow them as an example." I checked the score and we won by 41-20, so it really wasn't that close. Maybe he was saying, "they only beat us by 21 last year. WTH happened?"

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Patton and Karl Malone went over to shake NMSt players hands while they were in the endzone. Very classy!!!!'
    I noticed that too...thought it was very classy. Also thought it was classy for NMS players and coach to stand in the end zone while the Dawgs celebrated.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Navy did the same thing after their victory in Ruston-stood at attention at end of game as our school song was played.
    As we went and stood with them in front of their Navy band for their alma mater when we played at Annapolis.

I love when both teams play with class and show sportsmanship in a game of competition.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=769745616948

Around the 1:00 mark you can see 2 of our players taunting the NMSt team with with a homemade banner from the stands that said: "2011 WAC champions"

I thought it was a bit tacky...

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

My wife asked me at the end of the game what NMSU was doing in the endzone. I told her that they were showing good sportsmanship.

If i would have been quick enough, I might have followed it up with "and they also wanted to see what it felt like to stand there since they weren't there all night"

+ Reply to Thread